Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First (in a long long time) LEB dedicated offer!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

First (in a long long time) LEB dedicated offer!

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited October 2012 in General

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/silverknighttech-39-95month-4gb-dedicated-server-in-las-vegas

What do you guys think? I remember Silver Knight has a pretty good reputation, and the price point, although not the best for sure but definitely not too bad.

Thanked by 2Asad NickM

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited October 2012

Looks good..

I thought this was your new companies vps offer when I clicked it :P was let down..

Thanked by 1Randy
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

stop posting other company's offer and start posting yours dude ! :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

It's not really the fisrt LEB dedicated offer ever but yeah.. It's not bad.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2012

2 x Intel Xeon 5140 Dual Core 2.33Ghz 64Bit, VT-x Supported.

4 GB RAM
    160 GB SATA Hard Drive
    10Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth (3300 GB)

It looks very unbalanced - good CPU, quite a lot of RAM, but practically no disk and bandwidth to speak of. Which makes me wonder who would would even buy such a server and for what purpose. The whole offer looks like a bait-and-switch, that is, to do anything useful with this server, you will need to upgrade b/w to 100 mbit and at least add a second HDD, at which point you're looking at prices nowhere near the LEB limit. In any case, OVH and Hetzner provide massively better deals, and if you need it in the US, there's e.g. Datashack and Dacentec.

• wdqwdq Member

You can upgrade the storage for a one time fee, and the bandwidth/port speed for a monthly fee. A 1TB drive is about $100 and a 100Mbps port is $5/month.

Overall it looks like a great deal. I just don't know much about the company, and I also don't know if you can add more RAM.

• is that what used to be ruby ring?

• I can't tell if this particular offer is good or not, but i would really like to see more offers for small dedis on LEB. The worlds is not just VPSes.

• @Infinity said: It's not really the fisrt LEB dedicated offer

Corrected, I just forgot when was the last time LEB was posting dedi offers, I think the last one was posted a few years ago...

• Wish the port speed was higher

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's not a bad offer, but with the recent offers from Commercial Media, Dacentec, and even Datashack, it's a bit more normal now. Still puts them in a short list of offerings with a half decent CPU at such a low price.

• Good to see more cheap dedi's here with the virt-bit! A beefier VPS is not always what you need...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Watch out for the new VPS "providers" as the Mexican one haha

• TazTaz Member

@24khost yes. Anthony had to split from his partner. This is almost a year old new.

• @Taz Thanks, I was pretty sure but needed a conformation.

@Taz Isn't the girl friend there?

• TazTaz Member

She left the next day, some thing has to do with her job :( :). Double emotion: P

• you got back your freedom?

• Moar dedicated offers!

• flyfly Member

This is good for minecraft