Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup

Comments

• lbftlbft Member
    edited November 2012

@circus said: Can anyone order this, or do I have to be EU/UK/US citizen?

You can order, but you'll most likely have to order from http://www.ovh.com/fr/ / http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/ in French. Google Chrome's auto-translation thing is quite helpful in that regard.

If you don't want to have to pay VAT, you'll have to send them a scan of photo ID + proof of address.

• Got me an SP 32G. It's faaaaaast.

• One of my SPs came with an i7. It benches higher but still not the point

• @ShardHost said: One of my SPs came with an i7. It benches higher but still not the point

Yeah, saw that. I got an E3-1245v2, luckily.

• @birdie25 said: Yeah, saw that. I got an E3-1245v2, luckily.

All of our other SPs are E3s. This is one node in BHS.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited November 2012

@rm_ said: Well it supposed to list totals here. Maybe they still don't have accounting in place, like on the Micro VKSes :) Thanks.

>

@rm_

Don't panic, Don't panic!

Network Connection:     100Mbps
    Monthly traffic:    5.00 TiB per month
    Reinitialisation:   2012-12-01
    Consumed this month:    8 GiB
    Remaining this month:   4.99 TiB
    Additional traffic :    0 TB

I have just over 300 according to my own accounting. :P

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Taylor 300 in or out, or both? over what period?
    maybe this OVH's thingie is updated like only once a day?

• @rm_

600mbps down
    100mbps up

• OVH on my I7 instead of E3 swappage:

"The details on the website are minimum specs that your server will have. In some cases, you may not get exactly that spec but a higher specs. We always guarantee that at least, you'll get those specs on the site.

So you may get more specs for the same price.

Is there any reason why this is not satisfactory for you?"

• The small Kimsufi's only have space for 1 HDD right?

• @rm_ 60 IN , 240 OUT over the period I have had the dedicated server but that traffic started as soon as I got it and would of defiantly been more then 8GB in/out in the first 24 hours.

• What OVH Thinks...

Network Connection:     100Mbps
    Monthly traffic:    5.00 TiB per month
    Reinitialisation:       2012-12-01
    Consumed this month:    9 GiB
    Remaining this month:       4.99 TiB
    Additional traffic :    0 TB

Reality...

vnstat -m

eth0  /  monthly

month        rx      |     tx      |    total    |   avg. rate
    ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
      Nov '12    154.89 GiB |  371.96 GiB |  526.86 GiB |   10.29 Mbit/s
    ------------------------+-------------+-------------+---------------
    estimated    934.71 GiB |    2.19 TiB |    3.10 TiB |

Now, I know there will have been an amount of OVH > OVH outgoing BW from my server, but nowhere 362GB, and I've downloaded more than 9GB from it via FTP in the last day.

I'll keep an eye on it from now on to see if it's working right now, but if it is then it's only been working a few hours at most.

• Haha really? That's pretty screwy. I've reinstalled once max, maybe no times if it was deployed with debian. Can't remember if I had to install it or not.

Before today, it definitely wasn't working at all, but perhaps now it is. I'll see what it says tomorrow I guess.

• @Gary said: I'll keep an eye on it from now on to see if it's working right now, but if it is then it's only been working a few hours at most.

I seem to remember that OVH---> some peers did not count towards your monthly bandwidth allowance. I could be wrong though.

• I'm in the U.S. and ordered the emKS 2G from kimsufi.com/fr last Tuesday. Emailed my license and utility bill as requested and was told the following day I had to order from ovh.ie. Ordered again (same price) and emailed license and bill over the weekend. My ovh.ie account was approved today and I paid the $12.90 (9.99 euros exchanged to $US, no VAT) for the first month. Since they said 24 hours to provision, I suppose that means tomorrow.

• Ouch!

From 6th December 2012, additional IPv4 addresses will be charged at the rate of GBP 0.90 excl.VAT per month.

An additional IPv4 is an IP that is not the primary IP of the server, including:

• The IP FailOver
    • The IP part of a RIPE Block

In return, the RIPE Block set up fees disappear.

• Yeah, just received that email too.

• new kimsufi servers do not have 100GB FTP server?

• @soluslabs said: From 6th December 2012, additional IPv4 addresses will be charged at the rate of GBP 0.90 excl.VAT per month.

An additional IPv4 is an IP that is not the primary IP of the server, including:

The IP FailOver

The IP part of a RIPE Block
    In return, the RIPE Block set up fees disappear.

Ouch indeed. We have 400 IPs with them.. Rock on! :(

• @Jack said: @soluslabs how many box's do you have with them? I know your WHMCS is there but do you use them for dev testing ect?

About 4 in total so not to bothered.

• @ShardHost said: Ouch indeed. We have 400 IPs with them.. Rock on! :(

So you gotfrom paying £0.00/month to £432.00/month...

Oh and not forgetting the initial fee you paid for the block..

• There's no movement on price or refunds for the initial fee's paid for IP blocks - been round the houses with them already about it.

• @MartinD How many do you have?

• @soluslabs enough for the accountant to be a bit stressed at the moment. However, truth be told, we've been looking for an excuse to leave OVH for a while... so this may be it.

• Wait, are they changing the IP pricing for existing customers? That's a bit shit. They shouldn't move the goalposts like that, especially for customers who've been loyal and paying thousands each month.

• Actually, @soluslabs if that's Phil or Jason, you'll notice I was in touch not too long ago about something relating to this.

• @Gary yeah, I would say so too. Really we should have received a lot more notice for a start. I'm pretty sure they had said on their forums originally that existing customers on the 'professional' option weren't going to be affected. Turns out that's crap. I also questioned whether or not we would get a refund on previous block assignments (the one off fee) because they stated the fee was a one off. This is the reply I got:

We will not be refunding the previous one-off fees I'm afraid. Looking back, in comparison to the new fees, over the duration of time you've had the IP addresses, you have saved a lot.

• @soluslabs said: So you gotfrom paying £0.00/month to £432.00/month...

Oh and not forgetting the initial fee you paid for the block..

All are failovers. We will try and return as many as we can ASAP.

• RIPE Block Failovers? Still gonna cost you.. the only ones that wont cost are the single IP's you get with the server at order time :(

• It's Phill.. I don't think i saw it. If you think it needs my attention reply to it with 'FAO Phill' and i'll take a look