Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup

Comments

• I ordered one - just waiting until I can scan my two documents so I can email them.

• Well just got my second one that I ordered less than an hour ago.

processor : 1
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 54
    model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz
    stepping : 1

I think I'll keep this one! :)

• nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2012

The USA isn't a trusted country blah blah blah, someone resell me one :)

• @numin £20/month ;)

• Hmm, this is annoying. I ordered 24 hours ago (when it was 7 days availability) and have yet to receive a setup email while everyone seems to be receiving them in an hour :|

Are you all new customers? Or do some of you (who have received your orders) used an existing login? I'm wondering if (ironically) it was because I'm using an existing account to pay for the server...

• @lzp, should i give them some kind of documents too? if so, what should i return them?

Dear Sir / Madam,

Welcome to OVH!

We confirm the receipt of your payment corresponding to order no. 165****

Your order no. 165***** has been processed.

You can consult our terms and conditions by clicking here:

- http://www.ovh.com/fr//fr/support/documents_legaux/

OVH Customer Support 

• mKS, UK, new account, 13 hours from order to provision.

• Just ordered one, it said 1 hour waiting time. So we'll see.
    No emails though.

• Credit card processing is borked for me ;(

• I ordered both of mine from loyalty points. Not sure if that's what they were provisioned instantly.

• Wait, they have actual support? In English? I'm surprised.

Very decent English support, @joepie91, not sure what you're talking about.

Hell, one guy even helped me figure out how my box was arp flooding the entire /22.

• I've never had a problem with OVH support. Am currently debating wether to spend the £44 per month for their VIP support. My thread on the matter has died a death with no replies. Anyone have any experience?

• @ShardHost probably nobody from the LEB crowd is paying 44 pounds for support, that's why. If it's above $7/month - they don't want to know about it :)

• I have ordered one myself 10 minutes ago, no email yet.

• @rds100 said: @ShardHost probably nobody from the LEB crowd is paying 44 pounds for support, that's why. If it's above $7/month - they don't want to know about it :)

Its £44 regardless of the amount of servers you have. So for us it works out at about 4pence per server for a 15 minute response.

• @ShardHost said: Its £44 regardless of the amount of servers you have. So for us it works out at about 4pence per server for a 15 minute response.

Good to know, thought it was for each server.

• @ShardHost yeah, but most users here are users, not hosts. They don't have hundreds of servers.

• It's taking so long, arghhh....

• My Mini

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz
    Hitachi HDS72105
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 8.24121 s, 130 MB/s

• I finally just gave in and sent them the info they wanted, they better hurry up and verify it! I want my Kimsufi!

• @abat said: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz

Why I am always the bad luck one? :(

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    model : 28
    model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D425 @ 1.80GHz
    stepping : 10
    microcode : 0x107
    cpu MHz : 1799.909
    cache size : 512 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 1
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 10
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dts
    bogomips : 3599.81
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor : 1
    model : 28
    model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D425 @ 1.80GHz
    stepping : 10
    microcode : 0x107
    cpu MHz : 1799.909
    cache size : 512 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 1
    apicid : 1
    initial apicid : 1
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 10
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dts
    bogomips : 3600.13
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

• Hum, interesting. I like the line up, do they accept canadians, I believe they do.

• @ajones order at .IE I've been ordering there for a year now with no issues. No VAT either (it'll show VAT but once you log in, etc it will be removed)

• @zhuanyi It's still better the minimum for the Mks2G, you are actually geting the minimum spec for the next plan up.

• They still require ID right? My friends fine it a pain in the ass in UK as they have to submit drives license, ect.

• It said one hour to provision but it's been 3 hours now. Bleh.

• @ajones said: They still require ID right? My friends fine it a pain in the ass in UK as they have to submit drives license, ect.

They do and if you use the server for legal purposes, I don't see why you can't show them your ID.

• @Taylor said: It's still better the minimum for the Mks2G, you are actually geting the minimum spec for the next plan up.

But I envy those guys who got a N2800 haha :)

• @zhuanyi Just cancel next month and try your luck again :P

Hear is my geekbench for a N2800
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1229961