Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blazingvps.com appears to have been hacked
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blazingvps.com appears to have been hacked

KeltharKelthar Member
edited June 2015 in Providers

EDIT: It has been confirmed that it was blazingvps.com and not blazingfast.io the source of the data dump, despite the paste saying otherwise. Apologies for the confusion, I simply posted the information I had at the moment so that people were quickly aware of the issue.

So, keeping it short: blazingfast.io appears to have been hacked.

About an hour ago I was notified that my email was publicly posted in a paste. I rushed to check it, and voila, "blazingfast.io database dump", with details for hundreds of customers, and salted passwords.

If you use blazingfast.io, I advise extreme care. I note, however, that I do NOT have an account with blazingfast.io so I do not know where did my data come from. I do, however, recall using a provider called blazingvps, so I wonder if that's where my data came from and the "hackers" typed in the wrong name. I recommend using "haveibeenpwned.com" to check whether your email is associated with known breaches.

The attack seems to have been SQL injection (partial queries visible in the dump).

That's all I know for now. I've emailed blazingfast.io, and if I get no report of any hacks, then I shall email blazingvps.com as well.

Care for everyone who uses their services.

Thanked by 2Mitchfizz05 alice2k

Comments