Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

|| VortexVPS || Cheap OpenVZ VPS @ $3.60 w/ 10% OFF PROMO! ★★★★★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

|| VortexVPS || Cheap OpenVZ VPS @ $3.60 w/ 10% OFF PROMO! ★★★★★

benc555benc555 Member
edited October 2012 in Offers

Hello,
VortexVPS is a premier VPS hosting provider. Founded by a team with a combined 15+ years in the industry, we guarantee a high level of service and satisfaction. We strive to provide premium hosting products at a very low cost. Our goal is to please our customers, and we guarantee that you'll be pleased within 5 days, or we'll give you your money back. Our site is located at vortex-vps.com/

============

We are currently only offering OpenVZ VPSs however we plan to launch Xen and Cloud VPSs very soon!

============

Features:
Instant Setup - As soon as your payment is received, our billing panel creates your account on SolusVM, and your details will be emailed to you.
SolusVM Control Panel - You are given access to a control panel to reboot, reload OS, and much more!
Full Root Access - You get full SSH access to your VPS
Choice of OS - You can choose from over 15 Linux Operating Systems including CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, and more!
Plan Flexibility - You can upgrade/downgrade your plan at any time!

============

Minimum Hardware:
Intel Xeon X3440/E3-1230 V2/E3-1270 V2
32 GB 1333 DDR3 ECC RAM
2x 1TB Enterprise HDDs in RAID 1
100Mbps/1Gbps port

============

Located in Dallas, TX

============

Plans:
Additional IPv4 addresses can be purchased at $2.00/IP/month
Use promo code LET10R for a 10% off lifetime discount(applies to upgrades/downgrades)!!!!

Order Now!

============

Tier 1 - $4/m - $3.60/m with promo code!

OpenVZ Virtualization
Dedicated RAM: 512MB
Burst RAM: 1GB
Disk Space: 10GB
Bandwidth: 100GB
Fair Share CPU(6 Cores)
IPv4 Addresses: 1

============

Tier 2 - $6/m - $5.40/m with promo code!

OpenVZ Virtualization
Dedicated RAM: 768MB
Burst RAM: 1GB
Disk Space: 15GB
Bandwidth: 150GB
Fair Share CPU(6 Cores)
IPv4 Addresses: 1

============

Test IP(for pings and traceroutes): test.vortex-vps.com
Test File: test.vortex-vps.com/100mb.test

============

Order Now!

============

Comments

• Location?

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Stated biz 7 days ago?

• Please be informative in your offers. Please list out basic specifications (amount of memory, storage space, monthly data/bandwidth and port speed), virtualization method (Xen, OpenVZ, KVM, etc), data center location and a test IP would be ideal.

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited October 2012

Website is on shared hosting with siteground vs. dedicated or vps?

• I have updated the post with these suggestions. Yes, we recently launched, but we do offer a no-questions-asked refund within 5 days of the original purchase. In addition, we're not new at this. We've got the time, capital, experience, and vision to keep running for years to come.

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited October 2012

Slow Network or IO? Seems to be LSN server(s).

Got this off of my LSN dedi (Dallas, TX):
    Resolving test.vortex-vps.com... 216.245.218.70 Connecting to test.vortex-vps.com|216.245.218.70|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/x-tar] Saving to: "100mb.test" 100%[====================>] 104,857,600 6.13M/s in 16s

ChicagoVPS:
    Resolving test.vortex-vps.com... 216.245.218.70 Connecting to test.vortex-vps.com|216.245.218.70|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/x-tar] Saving to: â100mb.testâ 100%[====================>] 104,857,600 5.11M/s in 20s

• I limited the bandwidth so it didn't affect other clients, but I have upgraded the bandwidth limit.

• @benc555 said: I limited the bandwidth

I'm sorry but...

Who limits the bandwidth on their test files, meant for determining their network speed?

• Those who want to make sure that their existing customers don't get affected by spikes and possible DDOS attacks. We put it on an actual node because we feel that it better shows the actual performance of our network.

• Limiting the bandwidth of the test files defeats the purpose of them.

Limiting your bandwidth speed for the test files is misleading, unfortunately in this case not in your favor.

• Hence why I removed it.

• their server offline.

• Sorry about that, it has since been resolved.