Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows URPad doing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hows URPad doing?

DillybobDillybob Member
edited June 2015 in Providers

I remember them from years ago, how are they doing now? Haven't seen them on lowendbox since 2013.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

They were bought out, the new company did a switch and bait, promised the earth and then closed most locations moving customers to existing infrastructure, support quality turned to dog shit and they were never heard from again around here.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

They've been sending me invoices for months now, and for the same amount of time, they've been promising to investigate why one of my services just magically disappeared (but actually just auto-close every ticket without notification after a day or three).

And that was after I had to argue with an absolutely idiotic and clueless L1 tech for a day or two, to convince him that it really was the typical IP reassignment problem with SolusVM, and needed to be escalated to an actual tech. After he'd restarted the wrong service without even asking in an attempt to 'fix the problem'.

Stay away from them. Very, very far away.

• larrylarry Member

support quality turned to dog shit ...

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

joepie91 said: Stay away from them. Very, very far away.

I remember URPAD_NAMEHERE used to post on these forums, never seen a name like that in almost 2 years, no wonder... Glad to know though, I will ty :)

• i still get spam from "URpad blog"

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • namhuynamhuy Member

urpad was my first vps provider, they used to good until bought out. their current support is shit, they cant even setup tun/tap correctly on their host node.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    i still get spam from "URpad blog"

Glad I'm not the only one that gets this... I don't even remember signing up to this and last used them 2-3years ago

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2015

Dillybob said: I remember URPAD_NAMEHERE used to post on these forums, never seen a name like that in almost 2 years, no wonder... Glad to know though, I will ty :)

My name used to be FTN-Chris until I sold FTN and its brands which included URPad.

Sorry for all the issues you guys are having, its been over 2 years since I have sold and things unfortunately seem to have taken a turn for the worse with the company which I sold to.

@AnthonySmith @joepie91 @larry @Dillybob @TarZZ92 @namhuy @HyperSpeed Somedays I wish I never attempted to take that step out of the industry.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

never understood why you would call a company "your pad"

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I also get the Shitty Spam from URPad Blog :-3

• Quite unfortunate, I believe they are operating at a loss per their blog post. How someone can turn a company making 6 figures in profit annually into a complete loss is beyond me, this should be a lesson to everyone, every successful hosting company needs active leadership team and experienced management.

• LeeLee Veteran

The sad thing about URPad?

@ChrisMiller & @QuadraNet_Adam were a complete couple of misfits that should not have worked when they ran URpad, but somehow they did and it made money.

It's a crazy world :P

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2015

Lee said:
    It's a crazy world :P

@Lee
    If the world was free from Crazy it would be one boring world! :)

• LeeLee Veteran

@ChrisMiller said:
    If the world was free from Crazy it would be one boring world! :)

I miss my Iceland VPS, you dick.

• Lee said: I miss my Iceland VPS, you dick.

Not my fault I wanted to try new things... But I accept your criticism. :(

Never thought after what the told me and what they told you with this: https://web.archive.org/web/20130607164236/http://www.urpad.net/blog/root-level-technology-extends-hosting-family-acquisition-ftnhosting-brands

That the changes would happen.. I tried my best to stop them when I worked for them for a short time but was unsuccessful at saving my baby.

Thanked by 1Lee