Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RaptorNode - We migrated over to ARBOR systems! 75% Discount
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RaptorNode - We migrated over to ARBOR systems! 75% Discount

MonsteRMonsteR Member
edited June 2015 in Providers

Dear LEB,

We migrated over to ARBOR systems!

Since we had a plethora demand for our DDoS mitigation services. We decided to change our approach to our DDoS mitigation platform from NSFocus to ARBOR systems.

What's new with ARBOR?

Able to detect and mitigate attacks faster.
Full API feature for third-party implementations.
Able to provide a control panel to our customers to monitor their DDoS attacks.
A self-learning system of DDoS to prevent similar attacks.  
And way more below!  

What is a DDoS Attack and ARBOR?
This used to be an easy question to answer.

For nearly a decade, DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) was a basic flood attack that simply tried to overwhelm a connection with traffic with the goal of taking that they property offline. DDoS was a basic attack against availability.
When Arbor Networks first began working with leading they've been properties fighting DDoS attacks in 2000, "flood" attacks they're in the 400Mbps range. Today, they can exceed 100Gbps. The sheer size of the attacks is not all that has changed.
Beginning in 2010, and driven in no small part by groups like Anonymous and the rise of Hacktivism, they've seen a renaissance in DDoS attacks that has led to innovation in the areas of tools, targets and techniques. Today, DDoS is a complex attack against availability.

What has changed?
The barrier to entry has been obliterated by new tools that enable anyone with an Internet connection and a grievance to launch an attack. This is a true game changer in terms of the threat landscape and what businesses should consider themselves a potential target of attack. It used to be certain verticals would be likely targets for DDoS, finance, gaming and e-commerce at the top of the list. Today, any business, for any reason, any real or perceived offence or affiliation, can become a target.

Beyond the democratization of DDoS are the advancements in attack techniques and targets. DDoS today is in fact a series of attacks that target not just connection bandwidth, but multiple devices that make up their existing security infrastructure, such as Firewall/IPS devices, as well wide variety of applications that the business relies on, like HTTP, HTTPS, VoIP, DNS and SMTP.

The hottest trend in DDoS today is the multi-vector attack, combining flood, application and state exhaustion attacks against infrastructure devices all in a single, sustained attack. These attacks are popular because they difficult to defend against and often highly effective.

The new realities of DDoS today require a new approach to DDoS defenses. Arbor Networks has been at the forefront of researching and combating DDoS for more than a dozen years. According to, they are the global market leader, as well as the leader in the Carrier, Enterprise and Mobile market segments.

They believe that the best defensive posture against the modern DDoS threat is a layered approach that combines on-premise and cloud based protections. Only then will their organization be protected against the full spectrum of DDoS attacks.

Why did we choose ARBOR?
They See Things Others Can’t
Unmatched traffic intelligence, across the Internet, and their network

Arbor has leveraged their unique customer footprint and experience working with the world’s most demanding network operators to develop a more enduring solution for the threats of today and tomorrow. Arbor does this not by focusing on specific threats or points in the network but on networks themselves.

ATLAS is a collaborative project with more than 300+ ISP customers who have agreed to share anonymous traffic data totaling an amazing 90Tbps. From this unique vantage point, Arbor is ideally positioned to deliver intelligence about DDoS, malware and botnets that threaten Internet infrastructure and network availability.

Arbor customers enjoy a considerable competitive advantage by giving them both a micro view of their own network, through their suite of products, combined with a macro view of global Internet traffic, through ATLAS. This is a powerful combination of network security intelligence that is unrivaled today.

Proven Technology, Highly Scalable Solutions

Arbor products can scale to meet the needs of any size network operator. Their technology is proven and tested in the world's largest, most distributed network environments.

So what's next for us?

We working to reach an agreement with China Telecom to support an additional transit connection to our backbone. If we are able to accomplish a reasonable deal in the next couple of weeks, we should expect the connection to go live by end of June.

Best Regards,
RaptorNode

https://www.raptornode.com

[email protected]

1-855-864-9933

Thanked by 1NexHost

Comments

• edited June 2015

You might want to fix your invoices, to be honest :) Other than that, things seem pretty good so far.

Performance from the one speedtest I've done actually seems pretty impressive, one of the best VPS's I've got.

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)

Number of cores : 2

CPU frequency : 3300.020 MHz

Total amount of ram : 993 MB

Total amount of swap : 1023 MB

System uptime : 0 min,

Download speed from CacheFly: 88.0MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 32.1MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 55.5MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 13.5MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.98MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.86MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 9.87MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 54.5MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 87.3MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 22.8MB/s

I/O speed : 221 MB/s

I've got to admit I find that knowledge base stuff and the free SSL a bit worrying though, so I doubt I'll renew to be honest.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2015

Just out of interest (I am not a native speaker): Is "powered by Dino's" correct english?
    Shouldn't it be "powered by Dinos"?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

You should also fix 5gbps DDoS Mitigation when the actual vps plans say 10 Gbps /6000k Protection

• +1 For this Company.

Using them for Half Cabinet in Los Angeles. best provider I have ever been with :)

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • @Jonchun our whois information clearly states we have been in business since January 01, 2013 so not a summer host.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Reseller of Globalfrag?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited June 2015

@dustinc said:
    Reseller of Globalfrag?

No were a sister company, Thanks for mentioning it though ;)

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@MonsteR said:
    No were a sister company, Thanks for mentioning it though ;) As were aware of how your network and customer service is.

Oh nice! Didn't know you were bought out.

• @MonsteR said:
    Jonchun our whois information clearly states we have been in business since January 01, 2013 so not a summer host.

I can buy 10 year old domain and say I've been in business for 10 years.

Your blatant STEALING of copyrighted content and refusal to aknowledge it is what annoys me.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

cleaned up thread and removed offer since it was not in the right category.
    Moved it to Providers as it is more fitting in there

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • tommytommy Member

mikho said: cleaned up thread and removed offer since it was not in the right category. Moved it to Providers as it is more fitting in there

WOW, where's my comment?

I asking why they use startcom ? They've remove max domain from their websiter after my comment.

Why you don't remove
    As were aware of how your network and customer service is.
    from above post

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

Jonchun said: I can buy 10 year old domain and say I've been in business for 10 years.

They have already stated that they are a sister company of a larger brand. I can recall being up for more then 4 years overall. The parent company they own is a solid provider with a great network. and a good reputation.

Neither do I see how they are ripping content?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@tommy said:
    from above post

Sorry if your post was caught in the middle, I did the cleanup from my mobile and I have fat fingers on a warm friday afternoon.
    Feel free to repost.

• @Jonchun look at our first offer, you will see it dated....

• @tommy yes we fixed an error on our site after being made aware of it.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited June 2015

@tommy
    I was complementing their support and network. Not entirely sure why that needs to be removed?

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Neither do I see how they are ripping content?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1061937/#Comment_1061937

There you go, sir.

@MonsteR said:
    Jonchun look at our first offer, you will see it dated....

Stop ignoring the real issue here. You're STEALING.

• @Jonchun Did you bother to read the response? I have said were working on it, and every knowledge base artical i have found to be copied I have removed, Sop there is nothing being avoided I addressed all questions, Issues and worrys, It just seems as your the one with an issue now. Pretty much trying to find a problem.

• @MonsteR said:
    Jonchun Did you bother to read the response? I have said were working on it, and every knowledge base artical i have found to be copied I have removed, Sop there is nothing being avoided I addressed all questions, Issues and worrys, It just seems as your the one with an issue now. Pretty much trying to find a problem.

Who copied that content then? Is that you? Copyright monster

• @MonsteR said:
    Jonchun Did you bother to read the response? I have said were working on it, and every knowledge base artical i have found to be copied I have removed, Sop there is nothing being avoided I addressed all questions, Issues and worrys, It just seems as your the one with an issue now. Pretty much trying to find a problem.

You're literally talking out of your ass. The last time I brought this up, you removed it for a week and then put the stolen content back online. As for you removing every copied article you find, just remove your entire knowledge base because EVERYTHING is copied.

• MonsteR said: MonsteR

There are few sites who will sell you knowledge-base articles. hope this helps.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Someone give me a TLDR please? What the hell is going on. What the hell did the guy steal?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited June 2015

@Jonchun No, when I was made aware of the specific post, I removed the related article, And recently just started fully going through as writing new ones currently. Clearly you (Jonchun) have some kind of issue against raptornode for the pure fact of you haven't stopped with your abuse and criticism. As you can clearly see every issue mentioned in this post and other posts has been resolved.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • @MonsteR said:
    Jonchun No, when I was made aware of the specific post, I removed the related article, And recently just started fully going through as writing new ones currently. Clearly you (Jonchun) have some kind of issue against raptornode for the pure fact of you haven't stopped with your abuse and criticism. As you can clearly see every issue mentioned in this post and other posts has been resolved.

Again, stop talking out of your ass. Just yesterday, the GRE article you stole from BuyVM was back online. Now that I called you out AGAIN, you removed all your stolen content. I won't be surprised if you put it back online in a week or two after you think this blew over. I haven't stopped criticizing you because you continued to blatantly steal content thinking that no one will notice.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited June 2015

@Jonchun if you knew anything about the hosting industry or whmcs, You will know each category needs to be removed, Where there was a duplicate in another category which went unnoticed until we cleared it out yesterday fully.