Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation

Any decent COLO Provider? I need it under $40/Mo because Someone is loking for a 32GB Dedicarted server at 50 euros. No DDoS Protection, 250-500GB Bandwidth, 1 IP, US, 2-3 AMP

Comments

• If you use a more efficient server then you can cut that amperage which will help drop the cost.

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-1950-Server-1U-1-Intel-Xeon-E5420-Quad-Core-2-5Ghz-CPU-32GB-RAM-/191591423299?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9bbd1d43
    That Server, I threw a random number that sounded right as I really dont know how much it would use. Im adding like a 250 GB HD to that/

• If you are going to colo it then you'll want some form of IPMI/KVM. Otherwise you're going to be paying a tonne of money getting remote hands.

Dell should have the real amperage on their website.

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited June 2015

@ChairHosting - PM Sent, I'll make you a deal off what we publish on our site.

• @cncking2000 said:
    ChairHosting - PM Sent, I'll make you a deal off what we publish on our site.

PMed

• RyanDRyanD Member

A PE 1950 with Dual E5420's is going to be a power hog, you aren't going to get colo, anywhere decent, for that price with that particular server :)

• @ChairHosting said:
    Any decent COLO Provider? I need it under $40/Mo because Someone is loking for a 32GB Dedicarted server at 50 euros. No DDoS Protection, 250-500GB Bandwidth, 1 IP, US, 2-3 AMP

Go Global Frag

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@ChairHosting If you are going to buy a Dual L5420, do yourself a favor and buy a Dell CS24-SC. It will use a lot less power (usually right around 1 amp at 120V AC, but depends on configuration). There aren't that many out there on the market right now, but they pop up from time to time at reasonable prices.

• @jason25 - Where does GF's Colo pricing match what the OP wants? I might not offer 100Mbit unmetered, but I do hit the price point that he wanted. There isn't too many places nicer than where he may choose to be going either :)

• @cncking2000 said:
    jason25 - Where does GF's Colo pricing match what the OP wants? I might not offer 100Mbit unmetered, but I do hit the price point that he wanted. There isn't too many places nicer than where he may choose to be going either :)

He got me a pretty good price

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited June 2015

@jason25 said:

+1 for Global Frag

You would need 1U/1A for the Machine you are looking for.