Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows dedicated server that can handle 100 RDP VM's with 100 ips
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows dedicated server that can handle 100 RDP VM's with 100 ips

watertankwatertank Member
edited June 2015 in Requests

So I like Vultr as you can get a windows 2012 rdp NL location for $24 each. Thing is if I wanted 100 of them it would cost me $2400 per month.

I'm thinking of getting a beefy dedicated server with 100 NL ip's and configure it that way. I see that ovh has this but I'm a complete server noob and have no idea on how to configure or even set it up.

Can you you guys recommend me what is the best approach so that I can have 100 rdp vm's each with its own ip? Only a maximum of 7 people will be logged into the server at any one time. I'm willing to pay a hotshot ovh expert to set this all up for me, just let me know your rates. Budget for server is $100 - $300.

Comments

• You do realise the Windows license cost already would blow your budget out the water?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Go with hyper-v and server 2012 DC edition, then you can have unlimited VMS runing server 2012 for no extra cost.

SSD storage and a beefy CPU is a must for VDI.

If your budget allows for it, take a look at http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-miniwopr

I would also reccomend setting up active directory so you can easily manage your users

Thanked by 1watertank

Remember that though only 7 of the 100 users will be online at any single time, they will leave applications running. So resources will be used regardless.

Thanked by 1watertank
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

What applications will you be running?
    I've yet to see the hardware that will be able to run it in a way that is acceptable for the users.

Thanked by 1watertank
  • watertankwatertank Member
    edited June 2015

Thanks for responses everyone. The applications that will be used will be Chrome, Word & Excel. Really light stuff. I looked at online.net and it does seem really good but I think there data-centers are in France. Any idea if they provide Netherlands i.p's? How do I get Netherlands's i.p's? I'm pretty flexible with budget as long as I'm not paying 2.4k a month then I'm open to a higher budget.

• sc754sc754 Member

@watertank said:
    Thanks for responses everyone. The applications that will be used will be Chrome, Word & Excel. Really light stuff. I looked at online.net and it does seem really good but I think there data-centers are in France. Any idea if they provide Netherlands i.p's? How do I get Netherlands's i.p's? I'm pretty flexible with budget as long as I'm not paying 2.4k a month then I'm open to a higher budget.

Could you not just host a few vms and have multiple users on each? Also, you don't need public ips if you just setup a local network bridge and allocate local ips and ports.

Thanked by 1Evilplanet
  • IP cost alone will blow you out of the water.

• OVH is probably your only credible option in Europe.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @MarkTurner said:
    OVH is probably your only credible option in Europe.

NL worldstream, or (gulps) ecatel could do something relatively cheap.

• @KwiceroLTD - you are missing my adjective 'credible', it doesn't apply to either of those companies.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:
    KwiceroLTD - you are missing my adjective 'credible', it doesn't apply to either of those companies.

Ecatel sure it doesn't, but I'm thinking for worldstream, I've had no issues with them. I'd find them credible, unless you have information to state otherwise.

• @watertank Is there a reason why you can't just setup a remote desktop server and just use 1 IP address? That way the applications and networking resources can all be shared at once.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I can do this, set it up for you and provide the ips needed in the Netherlands and on budget but it really depends upon how long you want it for and the specific use for it, I would not be interested if this is some seo snake oil or a blacklist guarantee.

it concerns me that for chrome and office apps you want country specific ips and 100 of them when only 7 people are active at once.

pm me if you want to discuss.

Thanked by 2netomx Evilplanet
  • assign RDP users. -.^ own applications and can be used with single IP and would handle it better than 100VM's as the resources are needlessly used on a windows VM onto of windows Server.

I'm not sure of the pricing, but you could also buy a bunch of remote access licences and do away with visualization.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

techhelper1 said: Is there a reason why you can't just setup a remote desktop server and just use 1 IP address?

I was wondering this, too. Why does every user need his own IP?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:
    I was wondering this, too. Why does every user need his own IP?

Seo?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • cociucociu Member

@watertank i can give you 100 windows kvm located in Romania , price will be 500 eur/mo

• refer to my signature. $2.5/month. Windows 2012