Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest payment gateway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest payment gateway

As the title says, any suggestions for a payment gateway that works with WHMCS, other than Paypal would be appreciated. What are you guys using, what do you like to see your provider using, etc. I am possibly looking into accepting bitcoin, what's the opinion on bitpay? Thanks!

Comments

• Stripe

• try 2co :)

• BruceBruce Member

what's the benefits over using PP ? so far I've not bothered to go outside of PP, but have recently added bitcoin (bitpay). wondering what else to offer.

• Stripe / Bitpay / Alipay / Webmoney / Interac

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Hell no! they suck! try Stripe!

• Bitpay I just setup, Stripe seems to be the most suggested at the moment, @Bruce - I am not sure there are any benefits over PP, just adding a few options for folks to use rather than PP.

Thanked by 1Bruce
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

For NIXStats i'm thinking about either Stripe or Braintree. Braintree has no transaction on the first 50k.

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

PayU, Perfect Money

• Braintree. Stripe fraud checking is the worst in the industry, and nearly nonexistent.

• Well in Hungary there is not much payment gateway supported. Only payU and paypal nothing more. So both of them.

• adxn said: Hell no! they suck! try Stripe!

Agreed. Many payments causing errors and need manual checking again and again. Once they (Some provider who is using them) invoiced and charged me $98 twice for one month. Refund took five days.

Go with Stripe. It's the best alternative so far for PayPal.

• You can use PaymentWall, they are having multiple currency system including bitcoin skrill paypal webmoney bank accounts.

• I've been playing with Stripe's API (in test mode), it seems to be a nice gateway, and especially developer friendly.
    I haven't used it in production though...

• Thanks again all for the suggestions.

@HostMyBytes - What was the issues that you ran into with their Fraud checking? I don't rely on just one source for fraud checking, but I'm assuming that they pretty much accept payment from anyone without checking anything, from your short description.

• WePay, only available in US though.

• adxn said: Hell no! they suck! try Stripe!

Yeah it's a lot better. 2co is just terrible. The support is forever useless as well. They never reply or even try to help.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

Agree with the others 2co is not most webhosting providers friend. Go for Stripe!

• dj1812dj1812 Member

You can try DalPay, 2Checkout, CCAvenue Priviledge, Payscape that are compatible with WHMCS.

• NavynNavyn Member

+1 for stripe

• @cncking2000 HostMyBytes - What was the issues that you ran into with their Fraud checking? I don't rely on just one source for fraud checking, but I'm assuming that they pretty much accept payment from anyone without checking anything, from your short description.

There is very little fraud checking that goes on with Stripe. Even combined with MaxMind premium, it does not work very well. Often we would see transactions go through to be disputed or charged back. Chargeback rates were extremely high with them.

Definitely go with BrainTree - they'll assign you a personal account representative and are all-around concerned with the well-being of your account. I'd suggest you get on it soon, since they're owned by PayPal and might just get folded into the PayPal conglomerate.

Thanked by 1TACServers
  • DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

2CO, Skrill, Perfect money

• Try Stripe.. 2co is also good.

• HostMyBytes said: Definitely go with BrainTree - they'll assign you a personal account representative and are all-around concerned with the well-being of your account. I'd suggest you get on it soon, since they're owned by PayPal and might just get folded into the PayPal conglomerate.

That's what's holding me back from using them, actually. PayPal blocks accounts day in and day out. This is a different solution, but I don't see why they couldn't do the same.

Did you do any other fraud checking with Stripe, apart of using MaxMind premium, or noticed a specific type of TX that went through?

• Traffic said: Did you do any other fraud checking with Stripe, apart of using MaxMind premium, or noticed a specific type of TX that went through?

We saw a lot of fraud/chargebacks/phishing go through MX (Mexico) and CN (China). Of course, this isn't to say that the whole countries are bad, but they're certainly higher-risk.

• You need to screen your orders and screen them some more. Stripe doesn't give you enough data to properly screen them and it lets stupid orders pass very easily. But remember Stripe's model is to provide card processing and they do that fantastically. You have to add a robust fraud management system in front of it so you don't end up with all the carders ripping you off.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

HostMyBytes said: We saw a lot of fraud/chargebacks/phishing go through MX (Mexico) and CN (China). Of course, this isn't to say that the whole countries are bad, but they're certainly higher-risk.

An easy solution would be to use Verified by VISA & Mastercard SecureCode. Basically 2FA for card payments.

At least here in Spain, banks usually guarantee payments made with 2FA to the seller. I don't know if Verified by Visa/Securecode is available for international cards though, or only in Europe/CIS.

It's another extra step to checkout, involves sending the client to the acquirer... but for high risk countries this might be the only way to securely accept cards from now on.

• Traffic said: An easy solution would be to use Verified by VISA & Mastercard SecureCode. Basically 2FA for card payments.

That's interesting. I never really looked too much into it, but this looks promising. I'll have to do some more research

• HostMyBytes said: Traffic said: An easy solution would be to use Verified by VISA & Mastercard SecureCode. Basically 2FA for card payments.

Except its not that common outside of Europe.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

HostMyBytes said: Braintree. Stripe fraud checking is the worst in the industry, and nearly nonexistent.

no such thing as 100% protection against chargebacks or fraud, this is reason why you need to validate the orders manually.