Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ routing an application or port number
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ routing an application or port number

camjac251camjac251 Member
edited June 2015 in General

Is it possible to only route a program or port number through openvz and have everything else use the regular connection. I have a server that has bad peering to my house so I want to route that traffic through a vps but only for that application or port number, since its Plex I would be routing. Is something like that possible to do? Port number is 32400. Setup is a Dedicated Server and a VPS, both ubuntu.

Comments

• Are you trying to proxy?

• @Microlinux said:
    Are you trying to proxy?

What do you mean? I would just like to route the traffic from Plex to a vps with good peering so it would stream perfectly. Currently I have an NFS setup on the vps so a vpn to me seems like a better option

• Is it worth the hassle? I would just get a diff server

• does your program allow socks5? if it does then proxy is most likely the easiest way to do this.

• @dlaxotn2 said:
    Is it worth the hassle? I would just get a diff server

The dedicated server I have has many terabytes of storage at a good price. Not going to find that anywhere else

• Anyone else have any suggestions?