Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with HostMyBytes. Bad
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with HostMyBytes. Bad

I like having my separate services of my server, so I decided to hire a dedicated server with cpanel with them.

He had a vps and had already had enough problems, but made the mistake of trusting them.

I must say that your support is disappointing, if not completely zero.

I was handed the server 3 days, all ips were in the spam blacklist.

the server is down, and the IPMI either.

administrator never answers, a certain shiraz that simply asks me not to skype no answer messages.

HostMybytes is simply a disaster like hosting company.

Maybe someone has a good relationship with them, but just seems a disservice which provide

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

I have a couple servers with HostMyBytes and I've been very pleased so far. Support is very quick and very helpful. My problems are usually resolved in less than 30min.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • HostMyBytesHostMyBytes Member
    edited June 2015

I am familiar with this service, and we spoke with all the technicians who handled your tickets.

You mentioned a few issues that with the server, all of which I will address individually:

1) IPs in Spam Blacklist

2)Server downtime

3)IPMI

With your previous managed VPS, you opened a sales ticket asking about a dedicated server. You were given the choice between two datacenters -- ColoCrossing and PhoenixNap -- before purchasing a service with us, and we explained to you that you may have email deliverability issues with ColoCrossing. Additionally, your IP is not in any major blacklists like Spamhaus, and we even logged into your server to set up Mandrill.

Regarding the downtime issue, you mentioned downtime, but our ActiveBytes monitoring shows 0 downtime for your server. However, you submitted a support ticket stating that you were unable to access WHM, and we replied in just 10 minutes.

Regarding IPMI, you only gave us just over an hour to look into this and get it reset before posting this review. This would have been a very simple fix, only requiring a simple reset.

Also, we have been providing support to you entirely in Spanish, which is a service that we neither advertise nor provide officially, but we have done it only to help your experience. It is upsetting to the whole team to see a review like this.

Please contact us via our billing portal so that we can provide you with a refund. It is clear that this is not a good fit, even though we went above and beyond for you.

• OP was your email blacklisted by Hotmail? If so there's a form you can fill in to get it unbanned. Takes like 2 minutes.

Thanked by 1witul4r
  • @HostMyBytes said:
    I am familiar with this service, and we spoke with all the technicians who handled your tickets.

You mentioned a few issues that with the server, all of which I will address individually:

1) IPs in Spam Blacklist

2)Server downtime

3)IPMI

With your previous managed VPS, you opened a sales ticket asking about a dedicated server. You were given the choice between two datacenters -- ColoCrossing and PhoenixNap -- before purchasing a service with us, and we explained to you that you may have email deliverability issues with ColoCrossing. Additionally, your IP is not in any major blacklists like Spamhaus, and we even logged into your server to set up Mandrill.

Regarding the downtime issue, you mentioned downtime, but our ActiveBytes monitoring shows 0 downtime for your server. However, you submitted a support ticket stating that you were unable to access WHM, and we replied in just 10 minutes.

Regarding IPMI, you only gave us just over an hour to look into this and get it reset before posting this review. This would have been a very simple fix, only requiring a simple reset.

Also, we have been providing support to you entirely in Spanish, which is a service that we neither advertise nor provide officially, but we have done it only to help your experience. It is upsetting to the whole team to see a review like this.

Please contact us via our billing portal so that we can provide you with a refund. It is clear that this is not a good fit, even though we went above and beyond for you.

the server is offline 4 hours ago, that would you correct it?

• I can back @HostMyBytes they are a good company with exceptional support. This isn't the first time you have posted crap is it Jason. Also @HostMyBytes don't take crap from trolls and you will succeed ;)

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • @HostMyBytes said:

1) IPs in Spam Blacklist

2)Server downtime

3)IPMI

In that part you say that there may be problems post?

Hello

**Here are the IPs:

Buffalo IP - 198.12.69.74
    The IP Arizona - 199.231.84.66

I recommend the location of Arizona and can offer special best

Need anything else? Just let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shiraz G.
    Chief Technical Officer**

• haha sounds like another victim of self inflicted lock out by cphulkd or csf.......

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @17brownj said:
    I have a couple servers with HostMyBytes and I've been very pleased so far. Support is very quick and very helpful. My problems are usually resolved in less than 30min.

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I can back HostMyBytes they are a good company with exceptional support. This isn't the first time you have posted crap is it Jason. Also HostMyBytes don't take crap from trolls and you will succeed ;)

Thank you for your kind words!

edited June 2015

@jason25 said:

We did address this:

"Ok - hay problema con Buffalo? La razón para que yo le pregunto es que hay muchas personas que prefieren no estar allá.", which translates to "Ok, is there a problem with Buffalo? The reason I ask is because there are many people who prefer not to be there"

I believe we went into further detail about this in another ticket as well.

We have even provided support over Skype to you. I feel that we are not able to provide you with the level of service that you are looking for, and I would recommend finding another host.

Please contact our billing department for a refund.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I think Providing Support other than anyone's Official Language is beyond the expectation & HostMyBytes tried their level best to solve your issues, you should have talked with them properly. You got fired for only one hour & The Most EPIC Company GVH is holding My Money for 20 Days, kept Me saying refunding and now their Website doesn't load up. I should have killed Jonathan Nguyen then as it's much more disappointing than you. And I also noticed, you are always a non-satisfying customer who never satisfies.

Best of Luck with your Next Trolling Review !

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I think Providing Support other than anyone's Official Language is beyond the expectation & HostMyBytes tried their level best to solve your issues, you should have talked with them properly. You got fired for only one hour & The Most EPIC Company GVH is holding My Money for 20 Days, kept Me saying refunding and now their Website doesn't load up. I should have killed Jonathan Nguyen then as it's much more disappointing than you. And I also noticed, you are always a non-satisfying customer who never satisfies.

No entendí :)

• He estado con ellos bastante tiempo. Y siempre se portaron muy bien. Lo que esta contado aquí es una experiencia con el servidor dedicado que compre. Malas y buenas experiencias las tiene cualquiera. Lo que no entiendo es porque le gusta a la gente insultar . Saludos tema cerrado

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

I think that was supposed to be English...

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2015

@jason25 said:
    He estado con ellos bastante tiempo. Y siempre se portaron muy bien. Lo que esta contado aquí es una experiencia con el servidor dedicado que compre. Malas y buenas experiencias las tiene cualquiera. Lo que no entiendo es porque le gusta a la gente insultar . Saludos tema cerrado

(Google Translator)

I've been with them long enough. And always they behaved very well. What is said here is an experience with dedicated server purchase. The good and bad experiences have any. I do not understand it because he likes to insult people. Greetings closed topic.

@Jonchun said:

Which One ?? :-P

• StevieStevie Member

I think @HostMyBytes is a good company.

They had a offer where you paid $15 for a yearly vps and get $15 back in credit - they did not specify that you needed to pay it in cash so I used $15 in account balance(From a previous special offer) to buy the $15 yearly vps and get the $15 back.

They still honored me and changed the post on the offer - so I got basically a 1 year vps for free - I was mostly doing it for the "why not" logic and its great they did still honor it.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

screw jason25 with his burrito language

Thanked by 2catalystium namhuy
  • MridulMridul Member

I have been with HMB ( will write a detailed review soon ) and I am pretty satisfied.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
    edited June 2015

Thank you all for your feedback. It is very nice to see that we have satisfied our customers here on LET! :)

Anyone else who wants to try us out can use promo code "burritolanguage" ( @Mark_R ) for 40% off for the life of their account, which applies to all unmanaged VPS and shared and reseller hosting.

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited June 2015

@HostMyBytes said:
    Thank you all for your feedback. It is very nice to see that we have satisfied our customers here on LET! :)

Anyone else who wants to try us out can use promo code "burritolanguage" ( Mark_R ) for 40% off for the life of their account, which applies to all unmanaged VPS and shared and reseller hosting.

Definitely gave me a laugh :-)

@HostMyBytes said:

Anyone else who wants to try us out can use promo code "burritolanguage" ( Mark_R ) for 40% off for the life of their account, which applies to all unmanaged VPS and shared and reseller hosting.

Let Me check your Plans & Pricing :-D so that I can get one with 40% Off !

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • @Mark_R said:
    screw jason25 with his burrito language

Not understand, What he said is that he did not understand what he meant, Jonathan Nguyen speaks, and not more, who was led ?.

Burrito :)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I signed up yesterday with @hostmybytes and even had a special request. It was handled within an hour.

Thanked by 1HostMyBytes
  • i have same experience with you...
    i bought a server 3 months ago.
    it takes 15days to prepare server.
    and 5 days ago.then the server was down.
    and no support staff solve the problem.

• lwjcs2014 said: i have same experience with you... i bought a server 3 months ago. it takes 15days to prepare server. and 5 days ago.then the server was down. and no support staff solve the problem.

This does not sound right. Do you have a ticket ID?

• @HostMyBytes said:
    This does not sound right. Do you have a ticket ID?

Off topic but your KVM link in sig is broke. Also your site is hard to navigate as the detection box for mouse is cut off mostly and I have to try about 10 times to be able to click anything. (Sent you a video link in PM)

• IThinkUFailed said: the detection box for mouse is cut off mostly

What does that mean? Site works nicely here (Firefox 38.0.1 on KDE on BSD) - even works on Konqueror.

• jason25 said: Jonathan Nguyen speaks, and not more, who was led ?.

Stop using Google Translator. There is a proper way to use Google Translator, but that isn't the one.

Mark_R said: burrito language

HostMyBytes said: burritolanguage

@Mark_R & @HostMyBytes I sincerely hope you guys are referring to his broken "English" and not to Spanish.

I am myself an Spaniard (yeah, no burritos here) and would take offense of the latter.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    What does that mean? Site works nicely here (Firefox 38.0.1 on KDE on BSD) - even works on Konqueror.

I've forwarded the relevant information to them and they're looking into it. Basically I hover over the menus the drop downs appear then I move my mouse directly down to touch say KVM VPS and the drop down menu disappears. Not sure why (Chrome on Windows 8.1 Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m)