Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think Solusvm Will Get Multi Virtulization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you think Solusvm Will Get Multi Virtulization

I was wondering is Solus will get multi virtulization?

Comments

• I don't know but virtualizor already has this now.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

solusvm is way behind virtualizor

do not think they will get multi-virtualization on...

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

It's not on our roadmap at the minute. Our aim is to push towards stability and adding something like that works against what we are trying to do.

Thanked by 2Licensecart deployvm
  • @agentmishra said:
    solusvm is way behind virtualizor

do not think they will get multi-virtualization on...

Features maybe. But Solus does something virtualizor doesnt, work. Work simply

• It would be really nice to see, though I would like to see something more of V2 first, because it all kinda went silent on that front...

• I tired both out and liked both but I couldn't get virtualizer to work well with configurable options to work right. I did like virtualizer cp with the control panel installs though.

• @SNetworks1 said:
    It would be really nice to see, though I would like to see something more of V2 first, because it all kinda went silent on that front...

Coming this month ;). you needed to sign up to the private beta

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Coming this month ;). you needed to sign up to the private beta

I have, I just meant I had heard nothing new from it since I signed up.

@SNetworks1 said:
    It would be really nice to see, though I would like to see something more of V2 first, because it all kinda went silent on that front...

its a good silence. I know some docs are being prepared for third party developers this week, but that's mainly API related.

The silence is intentional to keep people second guessing :)

Thanked by 2dacentec Licensecart
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

klgiger said: I was wondering is Solus will get multi virtulization?

I thought about that in the past, it took proxmox a lot of time to get to a stable state, the virtualizor guys are afaik php/mysql dev's primarily so my confidence is very low in them maintaining and more importantly releasing updates when vulnerabilities are released over 4 different OS's in a timely manner.

Frankly I think if you used this in production at this stage you have to be crazy, you could just nest OVZ inside a KVM node, lose about 1% on performance and have a much safer management and recovery plan.

Proxmox has quality commercial support, virtualizor support the panel and the first response to ANYTHING is please give us root login details to your node.

Honestly I am glad solusvm are not rushing in to this, the amount of work required to maintain it vs. the benefit is just silly imo.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

@SolusVM may i know if the SW load balancer concept in OnApp coming to Solus?

• If OpenVZ would finally incorporate a modern kernel a OpenVZ/KVM hybrid would be fairly easy as it'd be just two things in userspace.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

SW load balancer needs a lot of work within OnApp too. This will take a bit of time until this is ready to replace HW ones.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    If OpenVZ would finally incorporate a modern kernel a OpenVZ/KVM hybrid would be fairly easy as it'd be just two things in

The progress of going to the RHEL 7 kernel is in progress now

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Features maybe. But Solus does something virtualizor doesnt, work. Work simply

Virtualizor works fine.

• BruceBruce Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    if you used this in production at this stage you have to be crazy

crazy to use virtualizor at all, or just the multivirt bit of virtualizor?

• @Bruce said:
    crazy to use virtualizor at all, or just the multivirt bit of virtualizor?

Both

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • BruceBruce Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Both

I'd like to know more. care to expand on that?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Both

What exactly is wrong with virtualizor? You keep making these posts, yet I haven't heard a good detailed version why yet..

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Bruce said: multivirt bit of virtualizor

This.

Just imo.

• @OnraHost said:
    What exactly is wrong with virtualizor? You keep making these posts, yet I haven't heard a good detailed version why yet..

Simple tasks which take a few clicks in solus takes laods of clicks in virtualizor. Someone who runs both recently pointed this out and I agree 100%

@Quadcone said:
    SolusVM may i know if the SW load balancer concept in OnApp coming to Solus?

Not sure on this one. I done see it on the roadmap or the development docs as of yet.

klgiger said: I did like virtualizer cp with the control panel installs though

Should be making you happy shortly then!

• thats awesome

• @SolusVM mind adding a reseller api while you're at it? Also, resource modification for resellers' VPS servers is another feature I'd like to have.

@FlamesRunner said:
    SolusVM mind adding a reseller api while you're at it? Also, resource modification for resellers' VPS servers is another feature I'd like to have.

See this http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/54780/whmcs-module-for-solusvm-reseller#latest

• @SolusVM said:
    The silence is intentional to keep people second guessing :)

Truly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen a provider post. You are years behind on a release and not behind even on your own timetable to current customers and you think it is funny to joke about the lack of information?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Its Mike THW ipv4 exhaustion, they Start to run when its to late.