Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best SoYouStart server for Game Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best SoYouStart server for Game Hosting

What is the best SYS server for game hosting?

Comments

• What game do you plan to host? How are the minimum and or recommended system requirements for the games?

Start with listing your need and then we could start to find that need.

• CrogicCrogic Member
    edited June 2015

@sirmbhe said:
    What game do you plan to host? How are the minimum and or recommended system requirements for the games?

Start with listing your need and then we could start to find that need.

Source games.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

What does SYS server mean?
    Edit: Nevermind, I'm a retard.

• Single threaded? Best E3 you can get. I/O heavy? SSD model. E3-SSD-3 or E3-SAT-3 would be my recommendations.

Thanked by 1Crogic
  • lay295lay295 Member
    edited June 2015

@Dillybob said:
    What does SYS server mean?
    Edit: Nevermind, I'm a retard.

Mind explaining to me? Pretty clueless.

@Crogic said:
    What is the best SYS server for game hosting?

Anyways I run a few CS:GO servers on NFOServers, I get their single core VPS for $7 a month, I used to use other VPS providers but the constant DDoS became problems. You can also get a "managed" installation which would cost 3x more, but who would want to do that? :)

EDIT: Well just figured out what you meant by SYS, anyways above recomendation still stands if you'd want a VPS

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

How about OVH's Cloud VPS range? I'm sure it included Windows 2012.

• I have a e3-ssd-3 that I use for game servers, mainly Minecraft but yeah runs like a boss.

• georgegeorge Member

Any dedi from their CPU+ line will do just fine.

• For Game Server i Recommend to Run on E3 And with DDoS protection of course because out there many 'script kiddies' use booter

• VPNVPN Member

We were using SYS servers not long after their launch for a handful of SourceDS games.
    On a single box (1245-E3, 32GB), we were running five Garrys Mod instances with varying gamemodes, a handful of CS:S (I genuinely can't remember how many) and two low populated Bukkit servers.

On top of that was all the web content for the group and mail and MySQL servers. We never experienced any lag or noticeable problems.

• pbgben said: How about OVH's Cloud VPS range? I'm sure it included Windows 2012.

they use old opteron's and slow E5's both terrible cpu's for gaming

• Well, at least it comes with free basic OVH DDOS protection.
    Any game server hosted there should be fine against booters.

• aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
    edited June 2015

Any of their E3's with 32GB of Ram