Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do providers have issues with Siege?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do providers have issues with Siege?

NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm looking to do some basic load testing with Siege, but ideally I want to spread it across multiple servers in different regions. Before I go asking individual providers if they have any issue with large amounts of GET requests coming from their networks, I'm interested to know what your past experiences have been in carrying out similar testing? Essentially I want to know if this is considered a no-no before I spend anymore time on this.

Obviously providers feel free to chip in with your perspectives on this subject.

Comments

• I've seen a lot of 'Siege' / apachebench / Jmeter / Gattling on our network in LA and Atlanta. I know Delimiter hosts a few servers there for customers offering this as a service.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I would have thought as long are you are testing something you either own or have permission from the sysadmin and possibly network owner of the target and are NOT causing a DDOS or otherwise affecting other users they wouldn't have an issue with it.

Lets face it even companies that forbid things in their TOS/AUP usually don't actually care unless you're causing a problem for them, the stuff is mostly there so they have the legal basis to suspend your service or kick you off if you do cause a problem.

Thanked by 1BensDaMan