Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Apps Free - Account Closed - Lost Chromebook Storage offer - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Apps Free - Account Closed - Lost Chromebook Storage offer

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

@Spirit said:
    Illegal reselling things you're not allowed to resell by google TOS? Do you need me to quote this part from ther TOS? :)

My personal opinion is that this happen mostly because people like you and several other LET members with their fancy websites dedicated to illegal resale of this what you're not allowed to resell.

Some small individual sale was never problematic, but many of you became too greedy and sooner or later this will ruin things for everyone (as much as it didn't already).

@comXyz said:
    Yes please.

Sure:

Except as expressly authorized by Google or other proper third party rights holders, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on Content, Google services or Software, in whole or in part except as specifically authorized in a separate written agreement.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en-GB/terms/user_terms.html

Like said, some small private sale of domain with google apps never really bothered google, but you guys with fancy websites advertising free google product for sale became too greedy.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2015

https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow

This is quick way, for anybody to make their own mail server for moving outside of Google. I am going to test it and report back.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • ATHKATHK Member

@YellowHummingbird said:
    That sounds pretty nice of them. Would you be able to tell me whether you submitted a case in the Google Apps Help form, or did you know somebody directly?

I upgraded to the free trial and called them. Not really much help as they don't have direct access..

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2015

@comXyz said:

If in the future you have the same problem, please contact me asap.

And you're silly to list names of domains you're selling, on your website. I expect Google has already blacklisted those domains.

@ATHK said:

I upgraded to the free trial and called them. Not really much help as they don't have direct access..

Where did you get your domain from?

Thanked by 1wych
  • @ATHK said:

Ah, thanks. I found their email support (for Drive, anyway, when I was trying to figure out what would happen with my storage) to be quite unhelpful. If I have any issues, I'll try phoning in future.

You don't have to answer this, but how many users did you have? From the tone of their message, it sounds like a lot.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Droidzone said:
    comXyz said:
    And you're silly to list names of domains you're selling, on your website. I expect Google has already blacklisted those domains.

Oh well I'm selling domains, and they have Google Apps account associated to them. I'm not selling Google Apps account. If you know what I mean. And Google supporters even helped me to recovery some accounts back, and they also contacted the old owners to see if old owners need to get any data back.

• ATHKATHK Member

@YellowHummingbird said:
    You don't have to answer this, but how many users did you have? From the tone of their message, it sounds like a lot.

21 out of 50, so not many at all...only had it for about 3-4 months to.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

I'm not selling Google Apps account.

That's incorrect - you use Google name (protected trademark) in your sale advertisement. In your signature and website.
    We can of course pretend however we wan't, but we both know what's going on and who's responsible for more and more restricted usage of free google apps and what google try to limit (illegal mass reselling of their free product).

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Spirit said:
    That's incorrect - you use Google name (protected trademark) in your sale advertisement. In your signature and website.

You mean if I sell Facebook ads, I will have trademark problem?

Should I change my signature to Gapps domains? I don't have any problem with "Google Apps Domains" term, and I don't think trademark will apply in this case and many other cases

"Hey check my new blog at BlogSpot".

• SpiritSpirit Member

Why do you pretending at all? We both know what I am talking about.

Thanked by 2Dylan namhuy
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

@Spirit said:
    Why do you pretending at all? We both know what I am talking about.

I'm not pretending. You were talking about trademark problem with the term Google Apps Domain, weren't you?

• @ATHK said:
    21 out of 50, so not many at all...only had it for about 3-4 months to.

Thanks. That must be fairly frustrating if it was only 3 or 4 months. It's a really nice service though.

• comXyz said: I'm not selling Google Apps account.

From your FAQ:

What will I get when I buy Google Apps Domain?

You will get the domain and related Google Apps Account

Thanked by 2TheKiller alexvolk
  • SpiritSpirit Member

comXyz said: I'm not pretending. You were talking about trademark problem with the term Google Apps Domain, weren't you?

No, I am talking about your mass reselling of Google product against their TOS (no matter what semantics you use now) which Google try to limit and it will eventually damage every free google apps user.

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited June 2015

@Spirit said:
    No, I am talking about your mass reselling of Google product against their TOS (no matter what semantics you use now) which Google try to limit and it will eventually damage every free google apps user.

Oh whatever, I only saw this part before, it seems you edited your comment.

@Spirit said:

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    You will get the domain and related Google Apps Account

It's Google Apps Account related to the domain, you understand?

• BruceBruce Member

no-one will buy any of your domains for the domain itself. the only value they have is for the Gapps. therefore you are selling Gapps

• So what is the difference between the "Google Apps account" (that you are not selling) and the "Google Apps Account related to the domain" (that you are selling)?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Bruce said:
    no-one will buy any of your domains for the domain itself. the only value they have is for the Gapps. therefore you are selling Gapps

Are you sure? You're not the buyer, many of my customers don't even need the Google Apps account. @timandboys say something bro

Do you even see the different price for domains have the same Google Apps licenses?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    So what is the difference between the "Google Apps account" (that you are not selling) and the "Google Apps Account related to the domain" (that you are selling)?

Oh you still don't get it? I'm selling domains bro

• comXyz said: Oh you still don't get it? I'm selling domains bro

So you don't give people Google Apps account details? The only thing they get from you is a domain transfer?

edited June 2015

Guys please, stop it. @comXyz is selling the domain itself. Google Apps is bonus. If you see his signature it says "Google Apps DOMAINS for sale", not accounts. If he was selling accounts, he would keep the domain and just make you an email account or hand over the preconfigured administrator account with the domain staying in his control.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    So you don't give people Google Apps account details? The only thing they get from you is a domain transfer?

What are you trying to say? Or whatever you're trying to say just say it. I don't care if you don't understand what I'm doing.

• @Radi said:
    Guys please, stop it. comXyz is selling the domain itself. Google Apps is bonus. If you see his signature it says "Google Apps DOMAINS for sale", not accounts. If he was selling accounts, he would keep the domain and just make you an email account or hand over the preconfigured administrator account with the domain staying in his control.

You think anyone but an imbecile would buy an account without the domain?

• comXyz said: What are you trying to say?

Given that you refused to answer yes to the question, your answer is no i.e. you sell people Google Apps login details (accounts).

• BruceBruce Member
    edited June 2015

@comXyz said:
    Do you even see the different price for domains have the same Google Apps licenses?

perhaps one or two domains might be interesting for the domain name, but most are shit names and only value is Gapps. EDIT also not referring solely to your domains, but to all those who auction domains here.

makes no difference what anyone here thinks. if google doesn't like it, they are able to do what they want.

probably too late now, but my advice would be to only show the domain names to registered users, rather than open for all to view.

edited June 2015

@Droidzone This is what I am clearly saying: you are not getting the account as a base offer, you are getting a domain, the account is included as a bonus.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2015

comXyz said: I don't care if you don't understand what I'm doing.

We all understand what you're doing. You have even fancy website dedicated to your business mass re-selling free google product against google TOS.

• BruceBruce Member

@Radi said:
    Droidzone This is what I am clearly saying: you are not getting the account as a base offer, you are getting a domain, the account is included as a bonus.

mostly the domain is not a bonus, just a requirement to use the Gapps

• comXyzcomXyz Member

Oh well, whatever, people have their own opinion. I won't waste my time in this thread anymore.

And for anyone who receives similar email from Google. PM me if you need my help. I will need your Administrator email and password. And don't ask me what will I do, if you trust me and need my help, then drop me a PM, otherwise don't waste my time, and your time to drop a PM also.

• @Radi said:
    This is what I am clearly saying: you are not getting the account as a base offer, you are getting a domain, the account is included as a bonus.

It doesn't make any difference as far as it being illegal goes. It's illegal to transfer it to another person. I'm not saying one shouldn't sell them. I'm saying it's ridiculous to list those domain names when Google has already started cracking down on them. If he had any sense, he'd tone it down a bit, remove the sales website and stick to an innocuous signature on forums. Granted, it may not be great marketing, but at least that'd still allow people to use the product.

Thanked by 2Spirit alexvolk