Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need WINDOWS VPS or RDP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need WINDOWS VPS or RDP

I need WINDOWS VPS or RDP. Spec = cheap price, One account RDP or Windows VPS can create 8 users or more

Comments

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@kresnhaadhy specify the resource requirement

Cheap price in number format please

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

edit: above post was not present when I posted

We offer Windows powerful KVM VPS with Windows 2008 R2 Trial for fair prices. We have owned hardware in Phoenix, Arizona with RAID10 Samsung SSD Storage and Xeon processors.

1GB RAM with 2vCores and 11GB SSD for $9/month.

2GB RAM with 4vCores and 22GB SSD for $16.20/month.

PM me if you have questions :)

Code: Blaze10

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

You can try us https://clients.hostpair.com/cart.php?gid=29

Coupon Code: WIN15

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

As per my knowledge Windows OS can create 8 users or more, but when it comes to RDP you can connect (and open/run sessions) simultaneously only 2, just fyi (this is beyond provider's scope as it comes from the OS itself). There might be a 'trick' out there for Windows 2003 but not for Windows 2012. Never try with Windows 2008.

• @winnervps - In local Group Policy, you can change that on both 2008 and 2012.

• @winnervps @HostPair your product Windows VPS or RDP can create users ? if can, i will order, please give me link to order

edited June 2015

@cncking2000 said:
    winnervps - In local Group Policy, you can change that on both 2008 and 2012.

You can change it, yes. Please do try it.
    We need to 'patch' (another word of crack) similar to this article http://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/2008/08/31/patch-windows-2003-terminal-server-to-allow-more-than-2-concurrent-sessions/ (if it is forbid to post such articles/links, please do remind me or directly delete it. thx)

@kresnhaadhy our current offer http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/54468/eu-512-mb-4-99-free-extra-3-ip-1-gbps-port-powerful-xen-vps-only-for-winners#latest
    kasih nomor HP ke PM masbro :) kayanya indo yah? ;)

• Vultr with custom Windows ISO

Interesting that you can get around the RDP limit. I thought that was to do with licensing, and not something you could simply patch.

edited June 2015

@hostnoob said:
    Vultr with custom Windows ISO

Interesting that you can get around the RDP limit. I thought that was to do with licensing, and not something you could simply patch.

Yes very interesting here. Everyone can tell a drama ;) but I rarely found some with supporting facts (then it wasn't a drama if it had, right? :D)

• My signature, please

• Why do you need rdp? As most providers in let range will give you a windows vps with trial software as they won't provide a license and they would be unmanaged which means no holding your hand so to speak with cheap as you described it.

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited June 2015

@hostnoob @winnervps - It's not a hack, or a patch, it is simply raising the limit MS put in place to prevent performance issues. There is alot of power possible in Group Policy, you should really look into it. It's no less of a hack than auto locking computers via GP, or forgetting the last login name. All valid security needs, not enabled by default, and enabled via Group Policy.

MS Technet article on GP, and raising RDP limits. Hardly a unsupported hack.

Help Text from the specific GPO

Specifies whether Remote Desktop Services limits the number of simultaneous connections to the server.

You can use this setting to restrict the number of Remote Desktop Services sessions that can be active on a server. If this number is exceeded, addtional users who try to connect receive an error message telling them that the server is busy and to try again later. Restricting the number of sessions improves performance because fewer sessions are demanding system resources. By default, RD Session Host servers allow an unlimited number of Remote Desktop Services sessions, and Remote Desktop for Administration allows two Remote Desktop Services sessions.

To use this setting, enter the number of connections you want to specify as the maximum for the server. To specify an unlimited number of connections, type 999999.

If the status is set to Enabled, the maximum number of connections is limited to the specified number consistent with the version of Windows and the mode of Remote Desktop Services running on the server.

If the status is set to Disabled or Not Configured, limits to the number of connections are not enforced at the Group Policy level.

Note: This setting is designed to be used on RD Session Host servers (that is, on servers running Windows with Remote Desktop Session Host role service installed).

edited June 2015

@cncking2000 said:

If it can connect as many simultaneous users as possible, why don't we sell 1 RDP to 100 users (no IP needed anymore)? :) save alot of resources though (or sell Windows RDP for US$ 0.5 / session / mo maybe) :D Just try connecting your Windows RDP with 3 (2 or more) concurrent connection, you'll find out the truth :)

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited June 2015

@winnervps said:
    If it can connect as many simultaneous users as possible, why don't we sell 1 RDP to 100 users (no IP needed anymore)? :) save alot of resources though (or sell Windows RDP for US$ 0.5 / session / mo maybe) :D Just try connecting your Windows RDP with 3 (2 or more) concurrent connection, you'll find out the truth :)

Done.. This includes me spinning up and building from scratch, from the time of your posting. As far as your pricing, I don't recommend it. at $.50 a month, It would take you having 20 users, approx 4 years to recover the cost of the 2008r2 20 User CAL for those 20 users, not to mention server costs, bandwidth, etc.

Screenshot, 6 RDP users

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

the initial connections you can make to a Windows Server are for administrative usage. If you want more users to simultaniously you enable the Terminal Service feature in 2003/2008. In 2008R2 the feature name was changed to RDS.

This feature however is licenesed and you basicly need 1 Windows CAL (Client Access License) AND 1 RDS CAL for each user or device that you want connecting to your server.

Using RDS you can have as many logged on users as you want (and the server can handle). You "only" need the license.

• virzovirzo Member

We Offer Our VPS based on XEN

1024MB RAM, 40GB Disk, 1 Core CPU, Kansas City US, Windows Server 2012 R2
    Price $5 / Month

If interesting, please PM or email ([email protected])

thanks

• @mikho - I was under the impression that after licencing the server itself, you only needed RDS CAL's to add to that server for each device, OR user that you'd like to have RDP access. Please school me on the Windows CAL requirement.

Quoting Wikipedia,

CALs apply to either a "device" (as defined in the license agreement) or a "user". A business is free to choose either mode. In Per-User mode, a CAL is purchased to allow one user to connect to the server software. Any user can connect, but only one user may use a given CAL at any given time. Any number of CALs can be purchased to allow five, five hundred, or any number of users to simultaneously connect to the server. Any number of devices may connect to the server software, but only a set number of users can connect to it at once.

Per-device mode operates in much the same way, but limits connections made by devices, rather than users. One CAL enables one device to connect to and use the server software, regardless of how many users are connecting.

Although User and Device CALs are currently the same price, they may not be used interchangeably, and cannot be switched without buying new CALs. The price of User CALs is due to increase from December 2012 (in the UK), although the device CAL remains the same.

Technet

edited June 2015

yes i was talking about licensing @mikho that's why i was wondering if someone do have an unlimited version of RDS ;) (it must be a 'patched' version or ....). but....i have ever seen a client who were doing this method and sharing it with many of his "friends" (sub-clients) ;) guess what? the other VPS were down because of 'this act'. So why don't we teach them how to use this :D

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753650.aspx

• Hello we are offering windows vps starting from 7.95$

7.95$ Location : France or Canada(out of stock)
    1024MB RAM
    Unmetered 1 GBPS
    40 GB space + we can offer 30 GB free if you signup by PM US
    http://www.constantvps.com/unmetered-cheap-windows-vps.html

For 11$ Location : Netherlands
    1024MB RAM
    2 TB@10 GBPS Network
    20 GB space + we can offer 40 GBfree if you signup by PM US
    http://www.constantvps.com/Netherlands-10gbps-windows-vps.html

Any questions : [email protected] , [email protected] or skype : constant.vps

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@cncking2000 said:
    mikho - I was under the impression that after licencing the server itself, you only needed RDS CAL's to add to that server for each device, OR user that you'd like to have RDP access. Please school me on the Windows CAL requirement.

You need a User/Device CAL for A connection. That is if you have a user accessing a shared folder, that user (or device) needs a Windows CAL.

If you want a user to use a Remote Desktop (or published app) you need a RDS/TS CAL for that user/device.

Remember that Wikipedia article? You can NOT mix device and user licenses.
    If you have 5 user CAL (any kind) you can not buy device CALs and mix them.

The "good" news is that if you have multiple Windows servers you only need one user/device CAL for all installations. The bad news is that the CAL is only for that version of the server OS. So if you have a 2008R2 user CAL, you still need to buy a 2012 or 2012 R2 Windows CAL when you upgrade the OS.

If you think this is hard to understand, wait until Microsoft calls you and wants to "help you with your license inventory". I have done a few last year (2 medium companys and 1 larger) and for the medium sized we had a email conversation going on for 3 months before Microsoft were satisfied.

• Delimiter's dedicated core VPS:

1 X5650 Core, 1GB RAM, 40GB HDD, 1TB BW $6.50/mo https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=176

• PwnerPwner Member

@vandy1285 said:
    you can go with sanvhost vps started from 7.49 USD/Month
    http://www.sanvhost.com/Offer.aspx

Hello spammer! It's your lucky day today, because I couldn't flag your posts due to an SMTP Error (at least that's what it's returning every time I try).

Welcome to LET, you've registered 2 hours ago and already posted 6 comments strictly related to advertisements.