Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS with dedicated IP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS with dedicated IP?

I have a few clients who are selling on Amazon, and are looking to get a Windows VPS with a dedicated IP address.
They don't need something overly powerful or complicated, just a basic Windows VM that they can use to do regular work.
Any recommendations for a reliable provider who won't be too expensive for something like this?
Thanks!

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

InceptionHosting do great Windows VPS in the US (Miami) and the UK.

Thanked by 2isaacl AnthonySmith
  • isaaclisaacl Member

Forgot to mention, something US based might be best (especially easier if the payments are in USD), but other things can work...
    Thanks!

• Country you need? lso you pref. payment method?
    Could work something out.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Seattle is it fine for you?

• isaaclisaacl Member

Users are all US based, and I believe they would want something US based, though I doubt it matters where in the US. And I assume they would pay by credit card, have to actually be in touch with them to discuss things once I come up with a good option though.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@issacl do they have their own license or do you need that to be included in the price?

• isaaclisaacl Member

Probably easier if a license is included, though a Windows 7/8.1 (obviously Pro) license is fine.

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited June 2015

No legitimate hosts are going to offer desktop versions of Windows as Microsoft does not allow that. So you'd be looking at Windows Server 2012 or 2008 (R2 versions of these are the updated versions of each just in case you aren't aware).

My typical go-to provider for licensed Windows VPS has been Corgitech (using 50% off code CORGI 50 for prices starting at $10 per month). Other reasonably priced licensed Windows providers I have used and can recommend include Amazon EC2 (free for first year for one basic Windows VPS) and OVH Cloud. Winity.io is usually the most recommended Windows VPS service on LET and I'm very surprised they have not been mentioned yet. I have not used them personally though because their single US location, Florida, does not work for me.

• wychwych Member

Winity is my choice for Windows VM's.

^^ affiliate link