nsdmin - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

nsdmin

2»

Comments

• Thanks...

@Zen said: from what I can tell off the top of my head without looking at actual code

Code will come :) I'm being slow because I want to release some that is at least relatively secure....

• Gave the interface a bit of a facelift today :) See what you think of it...

• Thinking about a failover implementation via api with uptimerobot or other service ?

• @tsanten said: Thinking about a failover implementation via api with uptimerobot or other service ?

Not at the present time. It would be like trying to run before learning to walk :) Once the basics are ironed out then yes, I'll certainly look at it.

• Incidentally, I'm using nsdmin in production now. Migrated the last of my domains from dnsmadeeasy last weekend. I'm currently serving about 120 domains and 1,000 records. Was playing around with a bash script to access nsd's internal stats this morning.... here's the output when run on one of my 3 nameservers:

NSD REPORT
    Thu Nov 29 18:24:32 NST 2012

Runtime : 4.68194 hours
       Queries : 4238

per hour : 905
     per month : 661506

A : 3680
            NS : 49
         CNAME : 1
           SOA : 1
            MX : 420
           TXT : 80
           SRV : 4
           SPF : 3

nsd clears its internal stats on a restart or reload. I added a new domain this afternoon, forcing a restart....

Thanked by 1bohdans
  • Not now of course but in the long run

• @tsanten said: Not now of course but in the long run

Absolutely. I think the procedure would be similar to dynamic dns support, which I have working, but it needs further refinement. All in time :)

• tsantentsanten Member
    edited November 2012

When the source will be available to play with ?
    How much ram and cpu consume ?
    Thank You again for open this path

• @tsanten said: When the source will be available to play with ?

How much ram and cpu consume ?

Source soon I hope. It's still rough in places, and I don't have much spare time lately to devote to it.

RAM & CPU? Bugger all :) maybe 12-16 MB with nginx, php 5.4 and nsd. Runs fine on a 32MB VPS if you know what you're doing. 128MB is luxury :)

• Impressive , il wait paciently for the source and hope for failover ehehhehe

• Can't wait to get my hands on the code, will be fun to play around with, and I wouldn't mind sending you some code in because I also plan to add tsanten's recommendation.

curl -L range.website

• @sleddog did you ever release the source for this - I would be very interested in it, if you did.

thanks

• @prae5 said: did you ever release the source for this - I would be very interested in it, if you did.

Not yet, just too busy. Working for a living sucks.... ;)

• No problems.

For anyone else interested in similar projects, I found this:

http://atomiadns.com

From initial look, it seems fairly complete - full api, docs and sandbox site with it all running.

• Its used by Edis and if i remember well 256mb its the minimum.
    nsadmin its way bellow that.

• @sleddog said: Not yet

comeon... i need it to power my LEB with nsd
    release pls.. :)