Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

myRSK Network location closures
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

myRSK Network location closures

trexostrexos Member
edited May 2015 in Providers

Jus received this:

Hello (myname),

It is with great regret to inform you about a closure of some of our network locations. This was researched since the last 6 months with a goal: to bring you the best of what MyRSKHosting Solutions can offer from some of our better suited networks and datacenters and move away from older hardware to more new hardware that is capable of giving you a more superior performance.

Clients who have active services in any of the following nodes will be effected

CZGTW1 (Zlin, Czech Republic)

DEDUS1 (Dusseldorf, Germany)
DEDUS2 (Dusseldorf, Germany)
DEFRA1 (Frankfurt, Germany)
DEFRA2 (Frankfurt, Germany)
USPHX1-SSD (Phoenix, USA)

You will be able to request a free migration to any of our superior locations (OpenVZ: DEDUS3, UKMAI1, NLAMS1, USKC1. KVM/Cloud: USATL1, USPHX1 (Cloud), DEFRA1 (Cloud)) if you have a service running on those nodes. You will receive additional benefits, upgrades and compensations. Clients can also move to a different virtualization technology (for example, move from openvz to kvm or vice versa).

By the 20th of June, clients who did not request to be migrated beforehand, will be moved to the closest location.

Clients on DEDUS1 and DEDUS2 have been previously informed about dates and times.

Regards,

MyRSK Hosting Solutions
www.myrsk.com`

Quite sad to see this happen. Anyway, I think that it's really nice from them to allow migration from OVZ to KVM and vice versa.

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member

Yep, another underrated provider. I had a rock solid server long time ago with myRSK

Particularly the Czech location will hurt

trexos said: I think that it's really nice from them to allow migration from OVZ to KVM and vice versa.

I think they won't be offering data migration between platforms (not for free hehe).

• damandaman Member

trexos said: Clients can also move to a different virtualization technology

Is it free for existing clients to move from OpenVZ to KVM?

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited May 2015
  • @daman said:
    Is it free for existing clients to move from OpenVZ to KVM?

Only if you were on one of those nodes I guess.

• tarek.boxtarek.box Member
    edited May 2015

i have ssd vps from them and they tell me there will not be ssd vps all hdd

i am looking now for alternative

any one suggest good provider ?

• damandaman Member
    edited May 2015

@hostnoob said:
    Only if you were on one of those nodes I guess.

Contacted them and they told that Migration to KVM from OpenVZ is not free. They will charge extra.

• @daman said:

Ask for a vzdump of your VPS then you can do it for free. or run OVZ inside the KVM and restore the tar.gz

• To think I was about to sign up in a location that is going to be closing, glad I didn't.

• @KwiceroLTD said:
    To think I was about to sign up in a location that is going to be closing, glad I didn't.

Why comment things that you've never done ?

• trexostrexos Member

I refered to this line "You will receive additional benefits, upgrades and compensations. Clients can also move to a different virtualization technology (for example, move from openvz to kvm or vice versa)." which sound like a free migration. Anyway, looks like this is not the case.

• @alexvolk said:

Why does the planet turn?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@daman said:

Sorry if you understood it incorrectly. The migration is free, but cost of kvm will be slightly higher than an ovz vps. That is what i meant.