Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UltraVPS.com - 70% off Annual - KVM SSD 512MB VPS - $10.50/yr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UltraVPS.com - 70% off Annual - KVM SSD 512MB VPS - $10.50/yr

Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
edited May 2015 in Offers

I've just found nice offer from @Rob_T on WHT. Last thread on LEB gave 55% discount, now it's 70% off. Unfortuantelly no Windows is possible. Bitcoins are accepted.

EDIT: The code is JUN1570

Comments

• PcNyPcNy Member

Still 55% off for me. Did they change the code?

• cassacassa Member

@PcNy JUN1570

• DroidDroid Member
    edited May 2015

Any reviews on UltraVPS?

• Could not resist. I don't have a review but here are specs on my $10.50/yr server I just launched. Pings from Chicago to Las Vegas average 50ms with 9 hops

Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2999.996 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 498 MB
    Total amount of swap : 127 MB
    System uptime : 27 min.
    Download speed from CacheFly: 20.5MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 14.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 18.3MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.67MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.79MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.19MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 19.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 20.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 7.82MB/s
    I/O speed : 863 MB/s

Ordered:
    VPS-0.5
    1 vCPU
    512MB DDR4 RAM
    10GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
    1000GB Bandwidth
    100Mbps Network Port

I am running Centos 6.x 32bit on this launch.

• My vps has a very slow disk IO compared to yours, mine is sitting at 28MB/s. IPs I received are listed by one lister. So far support has been nonexistent, ticket has been opened for more than 30 hours with absolute zero response. Not saying ultravps is a terrible company but so far my experience isn't good.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • MisterGMisterG Member
    edited June 2015

@TheOnlyDK I guess the future will show me the good or bad. My IO right now shows 631 MB/s. Might be the node. I will try to remember to follow up later. I do agree that 30 hours is bad especially when they state 24/7 support.

Edit: I did open a support ticket today and they replied in 3 hours. 30 hours sucks.

• I replied to that same ticket and since then the replies are pretty fast. There must be something happen the first time. They checked the node, said everything was fine, but I was still experiencing bad IO. They changed my node and speed went up to 450MB/s. I have to say, overall it's very good for the dollar, but definitely has room to improve.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods