Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Virpus ignore my tickets !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Virpus ignore my tickets !

gongyigongyi Member

hello all,
i posted 3 tickets to virpus to request the affiliate money , there is no response !but there are 2 posts in webhostingtalk yesterday:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484461&p=9454864
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484462&p=9454865

Thread: Virpus.com - SSD VPS Hosting & Bare Metal Cloud - Earn 25% recurring commission!
05-19-2015, 04:52 PM
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1482593&p=9449786

are my tickets ignored ?

I hate to be ignored !

480875 - Affiliate Withdrawal Request ,Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 (17:13)

626372 - why do not reply to me ? Friday, May 22nd, 2015 (00:43)

«1

Comments

  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

    See the threads here regarding them, see our warnings (mine included) regarding them.

    You ignored our warnings, and you're surprised when they ignore you?

    vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
    $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

  • Crowd, Bangding

  • gongyigongyi Member
    edited May 2015

    @Traffic said:
    See the threads here regarding them, see our warnings (mine included) regarding them.

    You ignored our warnings, and you're surprised when they ignore you?

    my mistake,thank you anyway

  • ARKARK Member
    edited May 2015

    fly

    "But I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall come into the ark, you, your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you"

  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2015

    That's a terrible shame. In additiom,, you're losing $80USD.

  • gongyigongyi Member

    @doghouch said:
    That's a terrible shame. In additiom,, you're losing $80USD.

    "foolish tool" ,i agree with you absolutely now !

  • nfmnfm Member

    From gongyi's website, he describes Virpus as follow:
    "virpus was acquired by wowrack, personally I think that this is certainly much better than before for the user "

    It seem that is certainly much worser than before for affiliates

  • Tagging @VNKen for you here :)

    QuadraNet - Cloud, Dedicated Servers & Colocation in Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, and New JerseyNEW LOS ANGELES CENTURY DATACENTER - New Facility Means Great Deals! My Skype is: QuadraNet.Adam

  • gongyigongyi Member

    @nfm said:
    From gongyi's website, he describes Virpus as follow:
    "virpus was acquired by wowrack, personally I think that this is certainly much better than before for the user "

    It seem that is certainly much worser than before for affiliates

    i was wrong !

  • edited May 2015

    It's time to pay him.

    I'm voting for Virpus to be removed from LowEndBox (and future offers) until they pay him? Seems like a blatant rip-off company..

    Thanked by 3PremiumN nitro85 MikePT
  • hotsnowhotsnow Member
    edited May 2015

    @nfm said:
    From gongyi's website, he describes Virpus as follow:
    "virpus was acquired by wowrack, personally I think that this is certainly much better than before for the user "

    It seem that is certainly much worser than before for affiliates

    many reviews sites are irresponsible, they didn't use it in fact, but still promote such company only for the AFF money, made many peoples in trouble.

  • gongyigongyi Member

    Now, i just want to say we need to stay away from virpus.com

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
    edited May 2015

    That's a real shame, it is one thing being accused of something or given a bad review which is subjective at best however to not pay your affiliates on request is just shameful.

    I have had to remove or deny a few affiliates over the past 5 years because they have been dishonest or have been using an affiliate chain just to reduce the price of services or have signed up with fake details.

    I would welcome an affiliate that generates that many leads however it seems even offering people affiliate links is frowned upon these days.

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com (Just like LET without the scams)

  • is it a trend to have work done for free? community is voluntary, affiliations require $$$. who would have time to affiliate if it doesn't fill their pockets? perhaps replace it with commu-filiate :P

    Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • People should ignore such hosts who doesn't list to customers, don't reply to the tickets.

  • gongyigongyi Member

    virpus should be in blacklist in let !

  • @gongyi any updates on this ?

  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2015

    I believe this is the correct person to tag here... @VNKen
    EDIT: Somebody already tagged him. Might be time to blacklist any virpus deals as it seems they simply ignore customers and ignore the affiliates that generate their income.

  • gongyigongyi Member
    edited May 2015

    @funyuns_are_awesome said:
    gongyi any updates on this ?

    no response!

  • tehrabbitttehrabbitt Member
    edited May 2015

    I once had a virpus account, it took a while for my issue to be "resolved" but their support sucked. It wasn't until Ken got personally involved did anything actually get done.

    the brief overview: I had an account that had come due for renewal. It suspended the site a day after the renewal date (It was a Monday, I didn't get paid until Thursday). I opened a ticket explaining I would be sending payment that Thursday as the e-mail I had received with the "past due" notice said "Your VPS will be deleted in 3 business days".

    Long story short: I never heard from support despite multiple phone calls, e-mails etc. that Thursday, I sent payment and received confirmation. Shortly thereafter the VPS was deleted along with all my data / sites / etc (thank god for backups). FINALLY at that point support messaged me back apologizing that the data was already deleted and support is first-come-first-serve etc etc. I asked for a refund. No dice. They don't offer refunds. Period. instead they canceled said "new" VPS in the process. I threatened to do a charge-back as now I paid for a service that i'm not receiving, no refund after asking, I didn't even get to log in ONCE to that new VPS after they deactivated it. Support's response was a copy-paste from their ToS: "All payments to Virpus.com are non-refundable. All billing disputes must be reported to Virpus.com within 60 days in order to receive compensation. If customer files a charge back against a legitimate charge placed by Virpus.com, a $50 administrative fee will be charged per chargeback." I argued back and forth for a few weeks with my money in limbo, the support rep claiming it WAS in fact a legitimate charge as there was no "issue" with the new server that would warrant a refund.

    Finally, I received a call directly from Ken to my cell phone apologizing about the whole thing. He ensured I got a full refund for the server I didn't use, but restated that Virpus was not responsible for the deleted server as i didn't pay "on time".

    TL;DR:
    I realize I was "at fault" for not paying the bill "on-time" but the service was still in a "suspended" state when i did make the payment, thus the data was still there. they deleted the VPS AFTER payment was made, and then applied said payment to a new server. Thanks to ken I got a refund but dealing with their support was like pulling teeth. I'd give Ken a 9/10 for his ability to get things done, but i'd give their general support a 2/10 honestly. I'm not sure if they've gotten any better but it's been about 3-4 years since I've used them. I thought of giving them another go eventually but from the continued poor reviews I see here / elsewhere I stay away.

  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    @etehrabbitt,

    That makes no sense. If you VPS was suspended due to no payment and you paid it during the suspension period, then PayPal IPN should have caught your payment, apply it and reinstanted the VPS for you with no data loss.

  • MrGeneral said: That makes no sense. If you VPS was suspended due to no payment and you paid it during the suspension period, then PayPal IPN should have caught your payment, apply it and reinstanted the VPS for you with no data loss.

    In theory, yes, however, for scripts rummaging through thousands of customers that build a list of services to suspend, this can happen. Like, the data is still there at the time of payment, but the script finishes running in 30 minutes and the data is deleted even if payment was made because at the time of the payment suspensions already started and simply the particular vps in question was in a long queue and didnt get deleted YET.

    Thanked by 1MikePT

    Extremist conservative user, I wish to preserve human and civil rights, free speech, freedom of the press and worship, rule of law, democracy, peace and prosperity, social mobility, etc. Now you can draw your guns.

  • I had about $80 in affiliates with GVH and when I asked about withdrawal they disabled the affiliates system lol...

    @AnthonySmith said:
    That's a real shame, it is one thing being accused of something or given a bad review which is subjective at best however to not pay your affiliates on request is just shameful.

    I have had to remove or deny a few affiliates over the past 5 years because they have been dishonest or have been using an affiliate chain just to reduce the price of services or have signed up with fake details.

    I would welcome an affiliate that generates that many leads however it seems even offering people affiliate links is frowned upon these days.

    I don't see any problem with affiliate links at all, as long as they're made clear, and not just spammed in every thread regardless of what the OP asked for.

    I'll still recommend hosts without an affiliate system, but if the host has one, and they make extra money from referrals, and I get some towards my services, it's a win/win.

    Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
    Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

  • ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

    me too,
    all tickets no reply until closed.

    Welcome to My BlogVPS-Hosting-Server
  • ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

    I only want say:hehe...
    Available Commissions Balance: $262.73 USD

    Welcome to My BlogVPS-Hosting-Server
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2015

    @doghouch said:
    That's a terrible shame. In additiom,, you're losing $80USD.

    Derp.
    Corrected my sentence: "That's a terrible shame. In addition, you're losing $80USD"

  • mikhomikho Member, Provider

    @funyuns_are_awesome said:
    These listings really should be removed:

    http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=virpus.com

    mpkossen .. Spirit .. jcaleb .. mikho .. jbiloh .. SysAdmin

    Why? That is like asking for certain parts of the history to be removed from the history books.

    Thanked by 1Spirit
    I can now be found at https://talk.lowendspirit.com
    or on twitter
    Come say HI! :)
  • edited May 2015

    @mikho said:

    It's advertising, people find these deals and buy them, it's misleading people, it's not significant history.... that's like saying that you can't ever remove Google Adwords from your website because it would be like removing history. That would be one expensive campaign...

  • funyuns_are_awesome said: It's advertising, people find these deals and buy them, it's misleading people, it's not significant history.... that's like saying that you can't ever remove Google Adwords from your website because it would be like removing history. That would be one expensive campaign...

    I disagree. Past offers and responses are as much useful in making an informed choice as present criticisms. This thread isnt going to be deleted. There's no point in deleting past threads as it offers prospective customers a clear idea of how the company used to be, and its current status following change of hands. And you can be sure that people will jump onto the thread and point them to this one, if Virpus opens an offer thread.

    Thanked by 1Spirit

    C, Bash, Perl, Python, PHP, and JS hobbyist. VPS collector. Blog

  • mikhomikho Member, Provider

    @funyuns_are_awesome said:
    It's advertising, people find these deals and buy them, it's misleading people, it's not significant history.... that's like saying that you can't ever remove Google Adwords from your website because it would be like removing history. That would be one expensive campaign...

    It is advertising, that is the main focus of LEB. There are also comments on those offers, by removing the posts all comments will also be removed meaning that people that actually read more then the headlines will read customers, active and/or previous comments about the service.
    As the original site will remain, what do you expect will happen if a potential customer can't find the comments about said provider on an unbiased site?

    Should we also remove this thread? If you answer no, why not?

    I can now be found at https://talk.lowendspirit.com
    or on twitter
    Come say HI! :)
  • gongyigongyi Member

    oh, no ! the ticket was closed !

  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member

    @gongyi said:
    oh, no ! the ticket was closed !

    Lol. Just forget it. Shit happens. Go review them in all review sites.

    Buy Site Ads - Advertising Platform

  • HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited May 2015

    gongyi said: oh, no ! the ticket was closed !

    I'm sure this happens when you open a ticket, then reply to it. If you leave it with the original post it stays open whereas when it's got a reply from yourself or their side it automatically closes if no-one responds.

    Looking at the top post you posted 3 times without a response from them, which changes the ticket to "Customer-reply" meaning it'll close from just an "Open" ticket

    Ex-Sys Admin

  • VNKenVNKen Member, Provider

    @gongyi

    Sorry for the delay on your payout. We recently had a change in Affiliate payouts in which the changes were effective beginning May, which has caused a delay. I'll explain this more in your ticket, but the payout will be submitted to our A/P department today and paid by the end of the week, but likely today or tomorrow.

    As far as the ticket being closed, this is automated, however I will talk to our staff and in the future have Affiliate withdrawal tickets put in the In Progress queue this way there is no misunderstanding.

    A very limited amount of personnel handle these requests so responses to tickets are limited to those employees.

    Anyway, will get this sorted for you shortly!

  • VNKenVNKen Member, Provider

    @gongyi,

    I just got around to checking your ticket, and it looks like you were not affected by what I mentioned. We do payouts on the 15th, and your request was submitted on the 19th, so it would have been processed correctly and on time at this point on June 15th.

    However I see there was a lack in communication on our part which will be addressed as mentioned above.

    Please update your ticket if you need anything else.

    Thanks!

  • edited June 2015

    @gongyi

    Can you confirm?

    Also, did you take your images down? If I recall correctly they were hosted on your server.

    Edit: why are they gone?

    http://107.161.19.26/1.jpg

    http://107.161.19.26/2.jpg

    http://107.161.19.26/3.jpg

  • Virpus has always been shit, and will always be shit.

  • gongyigongyi Member

    @funyuns_are_awesome said:
    gongyi

    Can you confirm?

    Also, did you take your images down? If I recall correctly they were hosted on your server.

    Edit: why are they gone?

    http://107.161.19.26/1.jpg

    http://107.161.19.26/2.jpg

    http://107.161.19.26/3.jpg

    i don't know why the nginx was down yesterday !

    by the way i have received a reply from Manjusha Mary (virpus)

    Hello,

    Thank you for this. This is scheduled for payout on June 15th since payouts occur on the 15th of each month.


    Hello,
    Thank you for your participation in our Affiliate Program. If you have not already, please provide us with your PayPal email address where payment can be sent.
    Please note that Payouts are done on the 15th of each month. If the 15th falls on a weekend, it will be processed the next business day. Please note that no further responses will be made to this ticket until payout takes place which we will confirm that the payout was complete, even when updating the ticket with your PayPal email. If you have a question regarding this request, it is recommended that you open a new ticket with the question and reference this ticket.

  • @VNKen It doesn't explain why you ignored his ticket all along until it started getting a lot of publicity via this forum. Doesn't an affiliate who brought in sales deserve a timely response? Hell, even a one person summer host would have responded quicker.

    C, Bash, Perl, Python, PHP, and JS hobbyist. VPS collector. Blog

  • @Droidzone said:
    VNKen It doesn't explain why you ignored his ticket all along until it started getting a lot of publicity via this forum. Doesn't an affiliate who brought in sales deserve a timely response? Hell, even a one person summer host would have responded quicker.

    Virpus has always been like that. Really bad support and service, and then Ken comes and says everything is solved and this won't happen again.

    vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
    $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

  • VNKenVNKen Member, Provider
    edited June 2015

    @Droidzone said:
    VNKen It doesn't explain why you ignored his ticket all along until it started getting a lot of publicity via this forum. Doesn't an affiliate who brought in sales deserve a timely response? Hell, even a one person summer host would have responded quicker.

    Hi @Droidzone,

    I briefly touched on this previously in this very thread however I will gladly go into more detail.

    The problem is the affiliate withdrawal process was not very streamlined, and only a limited number of staff could deal with these sorts of tickets (and only they would reply). These same people have other administrative tasks which creates a backlog at times.

    At this point, all of our sales/billing staff are able to handle these tickets which insures a timely and proper communication with the client and also ensures timely delivery of payment.

  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited June 2015

    @VNKen said:
    At this point, all of our sales/billing staff are able to handle these tickets which insures proper communication with the client.

    Just a comment saying "This has been forwarded to the department that handles affiliate payouts. Please be patient. Payouts are usually processed on the 15th of every month." would reassure people.

  • VNKenVNKen Member, Provider
    edited June 2015

    @IThinkUFailed said:
    Just a comment saying "This has been forwarded to the department that handles affiliate payouts. Please be patient. Payouts are usually processed on the 15th of every month." would reassure people.

    @IThinkUFailed,

    As I have mentioned, it has been handled :). Furthermore you can see the results of this action from the OP's most recent post on this thread.

  • @VNKen said:
    As I have mentioned, it has been handled :). Furthermore you can see the results of this action from the OP's most recent post on this thread.

    But the OP shouldn't of been ignored, period. That is the issue that now needs to be addressed as it seems like a common thing with your company (Tickets being ignored)

  • VNKenVNKen Member, Provider

    @IThinkUFailed said:
    But the OP shouldn't of been ignored, period. That is the issue that now needs to be addressed as it seems like a common thing with your company (Tickets being ignored)

    @IThinkUFailed,

    Thank you for your concern however the problem has been addressed here, in that, I described what the problem was, and a solution was offered and implemented at this point as far as the communication issue.

    We are aware that the lack in communication the client was treated to was unacceptable and a solution was implemented to resolve this problem, as has been mentioned before.

    As far as common issue of tickets being ignored, this simply isn't true. The vast majority of tickets are properly addressed and resolved within 1-2 hours with our average response being about 20 minutes. However certain issues that require administrative assistance can be delayed at times which is what we are seeing here.

  • @VNKen said:
    As far as common issue of tickets being ignored, this simply isn't true. The vast majority of tickets are properly addressed and resolved within 1-2 hours with our average response being about 20 minutes. However certain issues that require administrative assistance can be delayed at times which is what we are seeing here.

    Please explain to me how customers in future will be treated when they send in a ticket for this specific issue then. Tell us how exactly you will make sure you do not ignore the people that generate you income in future?

  • VNKenVNKen Member, Provider
    edited June 2015

    You are asking questions that have already been addressed...

    @IThinkUFailed said:
    Please explain to me how customers in future will be treated when they send in a ticket for this specific issue then. Tell us how exactly you will make sure you do not ignore the people that generate you income in future?

    @VNKen said:
    The problem is the affiliate withdrawal process was not very streamlined, and only a limited number of staff could deal with these sorts of tickets (and only they would reply). These same people have other administrative tasks which creates a backlog at times.

    At this point, all of our sales/billing staff are able to handle these tickets which insures a timely and proper communication with the client and also ensures timely delivery of payment.

  • @VNKen said:
    You are asking questions that have already been addressed...

    At this point, all of our sales/billing staff are able to handle these tickets which insures a timely and proper communication with the client and also ensures timely delivery of payment.

    I see. I hope this is completely resolved and OP doesn't post here stating the same stuff is happening again next month or the month after.

    Thanked by 1VNKen
Sign In or Register to comment.