Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk 10 or Kloxo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk 10 or Kloxo

AsimAsim Member
edited November 2011 in Help

I am using CPanel as the control panel for most of my websites and I am satisfied

BUT I want to test out Plesk10 or Kloxo for one of my test-environments (XEN VPS 512MB with VooServers), I know these two cannot be compared since Plesk10 is paid (I am getting the license for $6/mo and Kloxo is free) but regardless of price, which one would you prefer for the 512MB XEN box and why?

FYI, (based on my tests)

• Plesk10 (10 domain license) works under 250MB including everything (mail, http etc)
  • Kloxo does the same at around 23MB (optimized) with Lighttpd/PHP, MySQL etc

Comments

• I think you'll find Kloxo to be far superior to Plesk of any version. If you want to learn how not to do things, Plesk is the ultimate teacher. Of the paid control panels, there is a reason Plesk has last place all to itself with no competition.

Thanked by 2Asim mrm2005
  • @miTgiB you sum it all up, thanks a lot

• Kloxo is really good.. I tried Webmin/Virtualmin but still think Kloxo is better if you are going to pay for something why not try Directadmin? it's quite cheap compared to cPanel

• Kloxo is really good.. I tried Webmin/Virtualmin but still think Kloxo is better if you are going to pay for something why not try Directadmin?

Yes, DirectAdmin is great. I prefer it rather than cpanel.
    I don't like kloxo, nor Plesk. If I had to choose, it would be kloxo.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • I second that, Directadmin have been really sufficient low memory panel as compared to Cpanel or any other panel out there. If you want free, i still think virtualmin is great once you get the hang of it as virtualmin is built onto webmin where you can manage both server and client very efficiently.

• Kloxo is best +1 for kloxo.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited November 2011

DirectAdmin is very lightweight compared to Plesk/cPanel and does the job in a straightforward manner.

Kloxo is decent; some quirky bugs I don't like but overall amazing for something that is free.

• +1 directadmin

• I like kloxo because it free and pretty good.