Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Long Paypal Refund Payment Process Complete?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How Long Paypal Refund Payment Process Complete?

nadznadz Member

I canceled an order of dedicated server from one of reputable provider on LET but delivery time takes too long so i canceled and ask for refund.

I got refund invoice from billing department on 05/21/2015 but until now 05/26/2015 still no refund transaction on my paypal account.

I already 3 tickets asking for this but no reply yet from provider.

My question is, how long it takes to complete refund? Anyone has same experience? Any sugestion? Should i take paypal dispute?

Any sugestion would be really appreciate.

Thank you.

Comments

• comXyzcomXyz Member

usually 5 business days.

Thanked by 1nadz
  • RizRiz Member

This is all in the hands of the provider.

Thanked by 1nadz
  • cociucociu Member

in this case i thinck the provider should give you a rappid refound.

Thanked by 1nadz
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

2-3 WORKING days after the initial paypal refund

Thanked by 1nadz
  • nadznadz Member
    edited May 2015

@comXyz said:
    usually 5 business days.

Then i have to wait 2 more days. Anyway, thanks for information.

@cociu said:
    in this case i thinck the provider should give you a rappid refound.

Actually i don't mind if it's 5 days but at there is no reply on my tickets so it bit worries me. Lack of ccommunications from their support.

@TarZZ92 said:
    2-3 WORKING days after the initial paypal refund

It has been 5 days. Any sugestion ?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

nadz said: It has been 5 days. Any sugestion ?

maybe your bank is slower, but every bank i have been with it's taken no longer than 3 days.

• rds100rds100 Member

It depends. When the seller initiates and completes the refund transaction, it should happen immediately. You should see the refund transaction immediately in your paypal account. However it takes several working days after that to see the money back in your credit card - this depends mostly on your bank.

Some providers however don't process the refunds automatically and only do it manually once a week.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited May 2015

If not right when you got refund invoice it should have happened immediately after they received your first ticket. Is there some other issue involved which we don't know about?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

TarZZ92 said: every bank i have been with it's taken no longer than 3 days.

Depends on the bank process, as normally 3 - 5 working days.

• Which provider is it? Name it, maybe others had same issue.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

WebProject said: Depends on the bank process, as normally 3 - 5 working days.

the majority should take 2-3 days. i certainly know halifax and natwest does. unsure about others though

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

did you get a confirmation from paypal?

• nadznadz Member
    edited May 2015

rds100 said: It depends. When the seller initiates and completes the refund transaction, it should happen immediately. You should see the refund transaction immediately in your paypal account. However it takes several working days after that to see the money back in your credit card - this depends mostly on your bank. Some providers however don't process the refunds automatically and only do it manually once a week.

TarZZ92 said: maybe your bank is slower, but every bank i have been with it's taken no longer than 3 days.

I'm not using credit car as main funding of my paypal (i'm using virtual crdit card), so it has to be refunded instantly to paypal balance.

Ole_Juul said: If not right when you got refund invoice it should have happened immediately after they received your first ticket. Is there some other issue involved which we don't know about?

Nothin on my sleeve or any special cases happens. Just, my disapointment of delivery time that forced me to ask refund.

alexvolk said: Which provider is it? Name it, maybe others had same issue.

I still have few dedis with them and nothing to complain with them but this refund. I'm trying to not make any drama or something that can lure further mistunderstanding or misperception.

AnthonySmith said: did you get a confirmation from paypal?

Nope. Nothin at all from paypal. I even post a screenshot of my last 7 days paypal transaction to their biling department. And yet no ticket reply since 05/21/2015.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    It depends. When the seller initiates and completes the refund transaction, it should happen immediately. You should see the refund transaction immediately in your paypal account. However it takes several working days after that to see the money back in your credit card - this depends mostly on your bank.

Some providers however don't process the refunds automatically and only do it manually once a week.

This. Once we refund, it happens. If the customer paid through a bank account or credit card, until the money actually show up there may take some time, but paypal should report the transaction within seconds.

• nadznadz Member

Maounique said: This. Once we refund, it happens. If the customer paid through a bank account or credit card, until the money actually show up there may take some time, but paypal should report the transaction within seconds.

I paid thru paypal balance, not credit card as main funding on my paypal account (i'm using virtual credit card). And yet no confirmation or any report from my paypal account. Simply no incoming transaction.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Then it had not beep processed at all (yet).

• nadznadz Member

@Maounique said:
    Then it had not beep processed at all (yet).

Do you think paypal dispute would help on this current situation?

• rds100rds100 Member

nadz said: Do you think paypal dispute would help on this current situation?

That should be the very last option if everything else fails. Just give them some time to respond to you. FYI there was some long weekend / several non-working days in USA, maybe their billing department wasn't working. Which company is this?

• tdaletdale Member

If you paid with PayPal and PayPal is showing a refund to you than its on PayPal not the provider. However, If PayPal is showing the transaction as completed the provider hasn't done anything yet.

So i suppose the first thing you need to do is find out if its delayed on PayPal's end or the Providers End.

• @nadz said:

If you dispute the transaction your other service may get suspended by the provider

Thanked by 1nadz
  • DamianDamian Member

I see there's a lot of "GET THEM! BURN THEM TO THE GROUND!" in this thread, but for non-emergency issues like this, their billing/support may have been closed over the weekend due to the long holiday in the United States, if they're US-based.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

nadz said: Nope. Nothin at all from paypal. I even post a screenshot of my last 7 days paypal transaction to their biling department. And yet no ticket reply since 05/21/2015.

Then this has nothing to do with paypal they have not even started the refund yet, you instantly get an email from paypal when you get a refund even if it is going to be delayed payment due to the refund funding source.

• We just came off a 3 day weekend, so give them another day or so to manually do it. If nothing by then I would ask for it again.

• is refund in their TOS?

• nadznadz Member

Ticket answered and refund complete after they processed today. They said monday was holiday on UK, so there was a long delay.

Moral story:

1. I have to learn more the meaning of simple word 'patience'.

2. Communications is important, especially if handling asian customer like me - culture lag.

Thank you all for sugestions.

Mod may close this thread.

• Is that hard to point which provider that was?

• I don't think it matters who it was. However it makes me think that it may be a good idea for providers to post their business calendar. With the internet covering the whole world now, it is unrealistic to expect a user to know when there's a week of New Year's celebrations or a long weekend, or whatever local culture dictates.

Thanked by 1nadz