Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH cloud sandbox instance 100% SLA - When?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH cloud sandbox instance 100% SLA - When?

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member

Hi guys,

Maybe somebody now when will start OVH new 100% sla uptime gurantee ssd VPS? I think thats for 3 eur/mo beat many company there. As 100% SLA and DDOS protection... SSD.. well not bad at all :)

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

You talking about this by any chance? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/53325/ovh-new-cloud-vps-offers

But really, I have to wonder what's the attraction of "100% SLA" is to you, on a 3 EUR VPS.
    So that if your VPS is down for a day, they refund you 3EUR/30 = 0.10 EUR?

• @rm_ said:
    You talking about this by any chance? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/53325/ovh-new-cloud-vps-offers

But really, I have to wonder what's the attraction of "100% SLA" is to you, on a 3 EUR VPS.

I guess it is more around people hope that a service with a 100% SLA the company will work harder and have put more money into the environment to reduce the downtime in the first place.

• @rm_ said:

Well for run 1 website its okay for me. As its says 100% SLA. I never saw 100% SLA on any OVH services. Also the DDOS protection is a bonus. If its down for a day then its not the guaranteed service level , 100%. So the attraction is that this.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2015

You obviously don't understand how an SLA works, all that means is if there is an outage they will compensate you, that doesn't mean that it will be up 100% of the time. So really, having 100% SLA on that server is no real difference to their previous no SLA other than as @rm_ mentioned they will compensate you for the downtime, so on a $3/mont instance that's $0.10 per day.

I would bet in most cases the amount of business you would loose from that one day downtime would be worth more than $0.10 so really I don't see how this supplies any better feeling about the product than before, other than they will give you $0.10.

I mean , it is nice they feel confident enough about their product to offer you money when there is a failure, but really this doesn't change the product it's self at all, its just a new catch phrase to make you, the customer, feel better about their product.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:

Thank you :)

Well then better to use something cloud with HA storage like iwstack or domflow. Thats the only way.

Well i got 0 experience about OVH products.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2015

http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?104553-Cloud-Public-KS-1-gratuit

"Cloud Public KS-1 gratuit http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?104553-Cloud-Public-KS-1-gratuit …"

And if i login:

Votre compte client n'est pas encore éligible au public cloud. Vous serez notifié par email dès que vous pourrez accéder à ce produit.

Your account is not yet eligible for public cloud. You will be notified by email when you get this product.

So, closed beta?

• boerndboernd Member

most likely only for french customers

• baranbaran Member

is anyone know that personal torrent allowed?

Thanks for posting, just got one with my FR account.

• madtbhmadtbh Member

They've added a message now.

Your account is not yet eligible for public cloud. You will be notified by email when you get this product.

edited June 2015

rm_ said: Thanks for posting, just got one with my FR account.

Turned out to be not free however, just got an invoice for 0.82 EUR. And the text in the web panel got changed to mention that it's only free if you are a current customer on some other OVH product. Runabove doesn't count, needs to be in the same OVH account/manager.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • madtbhmadtbh Member

@rm_ said:
    Turned out to be not free however, just got an invoice for 0.82 EUR. And the text in the web panel got changed to mention that it's only free if you are a current customer on some other OVH product. Runabove doesn't count, needs to be in the same OVH account/manager.

"If you currently own a VPS, Dedicated Server or Dedicated Cloud, get 3 credit € (ie up to 1 month free) on the KS-1 model!" - From the control panel.

I hope they launch it for everyone else soon.

edited June 2015

madtbh said: From the control panel.

This was formulated differently 2 weeks ago. Don't remember precisely, but I think it used to say just "free for the first month" without mentioning any conditions. But oh well, 12 TB of bandwidth for Tor is still not too bad for 0.82 EUR.

• boerndboernd Member

Is there a instance limit per account? 100mbps for 3€ is great cheap bandwidth for a streaming page :D

edited July 2015

rm_ said: just got an invoice for 0.82 EUR.

And another invoice today for 2.02 EUR, despite that I deleted the VM back on June 11th. So they charged me 2.84 EUR for 14 days of using the VM which costs 2.99/month. Created a ticket many hours ago, no response.

edited July 2015

rm_ said: they charged me 2.84 EUR for 14 days of using the VM which costs 2.99/month. Created a ticket many hours ago, no response.

They replied that the hourly rate is 0.008 EUR (which comes out to about 5.76 EUR/month), as a result even if you use it only for two weeks, you pretty much pay for the whole month.