Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i will review your company for free on my blog
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i will review your company for free on my blog

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited May 2015 in Reviews

I'm working on a blog that I will update frequently with fresh content. Completely unique content, English is my first language, and it will feature a variety of content including technology, automotive, and online.
I just need 100% discount on the service for a long enough time to try it out. Maybe a month or two? Won't run high resource game servers, send mail, DDoS, or other abuse stuff. Just will do routine installation, updates, and monitor it, as well as open a few random support tickets to gauge response time and quality.

I'd be happy to review shared hosting, cloud servers, vps, dedicated, anything really...

Real providers only. No summer hosts.

If you offer an affiliate program that's a plus. PM me If you're interested.

Thanked by 1BuyAds

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

This sounds like a fiverr ad. Good luck!

Thanked by 1yomero
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

Except it's free... Not $5. Lol. I'll post a review of a company I've been using for some time now as a sample to demonstrate the quality of my reviews.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

shovenose said: I just need 100% discount on the service for a long enough time to try it out. Maybe a month or two?

What are you going to try? Your luck at getting a free VPS? :)

• I'd be more interested in a site that reviews reviews.

@Traffic said:
    What are you going to try? Your luck at getting a free VPS? :)

Nah... just going to install an OS, update it, benchmark it, and monitor it for a period of time to see the performance and uptime over the period I have the VPS/server.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

you see the problem with doing it like this I hope?

• shovenose said: Just will do routine installation, updates, and monitor it, as well as open a few random support tickets to gauge response time and quality.

And just how reliable and unbiased will your evaluation be when the provider himself knows that his response is being assessed? Not to mention the fact that the resources alloted to you might also be much better than those that 'normal' customers would get, as the host would be trying to make an impression. The performance wouldn't be "real world".

Thanked by 2Mark_R Presbytis
    edited May 2015

@joelgm said:

A one-kid summer host isn't going to be able to provide good support ticket responses at all moments of the day if they are in class or asleep. It's pretty easy to tell. I'll be mixing in the sponsored reviews with reviews of providers I have used for a very long time and paid for - if there's something I don't like about the company, I will be very blunt about it. I don't sugar-coat things.

This isn't all a ruse to get free servers... I own a hosting company myself and have enough money to pay for $7/month services if I needed to, so the last thing I need is a bunch of crappy VPS's from summerhosts.

By reviewing each company's service independently I'll get the best idea of whether a provider is a joke or serious, and whether the service is worth using or crap. I'm already getting inundated with PMs for reviews, some from companies I'm looking forward to reviewing, and others I am already fairly certain are going to suck.

Either way, you'll find out in a month or two and hopefully the monitoring, benchmarks, testing, and digging I'm going to do will help inform consumers about which company to choose in a crowded industry.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

What is your blog url? ;d

• CrogicCrogic Member

@DewlanceVPS said:
    What is your blog url? ;d

lowendreviews.com

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

shovenose said: A one-kid summer host isn't going to be able to provide good support ticket responses at all moments of the day if they are in class or asleep.

That is one extreme but how about the rest? by that logic you might as well not bother if your only aim is to catch summer hosts and additionally if they know that they are not going to give you a free server to begin with.

shovenose said: sponsored reviews

Just don't do them, if a company values your input they will refund you after the fact.

shovenose said: By reviewing each company's service independently I'll get the best idea of whether a provider is a joke or serious,

What qualifies you to make that judgement with your less than favorable history and once branded a summer host yourself?

shovenose said: I'm already getting inundated with PMs for reviews,

prove it?

Thanked by 1classy
  • @Crogic said:
    lowendreviews.com

Server not found

• TrafficTraffic Member

Ole_Juul said: Server not found

He still has no provider.

• TrafficTraffic Member

AnthonySmith said: prove it?

OP, you should post a screenshot similar to the following (my account) in order to be considered inundated with PMs as you said.

edited May 2015

First review (not sponsored, I've paid for the service for two years now) just to show that I am doing quality, honest reviews. http://www.michaelstaake.com/catalysthost-openvz-vps-review/

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Wrong link?

@Nekki said:
    Wrong link?

Yup. Fixed it.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Traffic said:

This can be easily faked.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@shovenose Your real name is Michael?

• belinikbelinik Member

still 404

edited May 2015

@DewlanceVPS said:
    shovenose Your real name is Michael?

Affirmative.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I saw the review before the site went walkies...I think you need to do a bit of work mate.

All my takeaway was that Catalyst's uptime is probably quite good, they answer tickets properly and you never noticed any lag over ssh while the server was doing...something.

@Nekki said:
    I saw the review before the site went walkies...I think you need to do a bit of work mate.

All my takeaway was that Catalyst's uptime is probably quite good, they answer tickets properly and you never noticed any lag over ssh while the server was doing...something.

When the site comes back, I would certainly appreciate any feedback that you might have to make the reviews better.

• DalCompDalComp Member

shovenose said: I own a hosting company myself

Do your reviews if you want to, but you can't really call them unbiased and independent if you're reviewing your competitor(s).

@DalComp said:
    Do your reviews if you want to, but you can't really call them unbiased and independent if you're reviewing your competitor(s).

I'm reviewing them as if I didn't have a hosting company myself.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

shovenose said: I'm reviewing them as if I didn't have a hosting company myself.

I doubt anyone will believe that, certainly not on LET.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • No. Just no. Maybe you should just build a volcano for a school project. Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle though.

• How I read it:

"I want free servers, I'll write a review and if you don't be nice to me I'm smash your company, I am giving you my word I won't do anything illegal, but I wouldn't trust myself, I have an itchy trigger finger"

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@Nekki said:
    I doubt anyone will believe that, certainly not on LET.

Some of us are more than capable of being unbiased when speaking about providers that could technically qualify as competition. I've never had a problem with it, as far as I'm concerned it's anyone who thinks we cannot do it that has the problem...and well that's their problem ;)

I have no doubt that shovey can remain unbiased in a review. I know he's popular to pick on here, but he's not a bad guy. He just plays one on LET sometimes ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT