Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Req] At Least 400mbps unmetered Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Req] At Least 400mbps unmetered Dedicated Server

Looking for:

2TB HD, At least 4GB of Ram, at least 400-500mbps unmetered/100TB Server? Or Maybe something with a Burst?

Ive currently used about 30TB so far this month on a 200mbps port (if this helps)

My Budget hopefully max around $45/$50.

Yes I had a previous thread, but I wanted to change a couple of things about it.

So Far was looking at SYS but that setup fee is what kills me at the moment.

Yes all my BW is legit BW and can provide proof that nothing illegal or so on is hosted.

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

https://www.100tb.com/ - nothing for $45/$50 / month, sorry.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2015

400-500 mbps is hard to achieve all over the world, you may need to be close to your customers or they will get low speeds.
    SYS will probably work in EU.
    I suggest you get a few KS 100 mbps ones and do a round-robin setup. Of course, all will need to have the same content, so do some replication, or you can bet on them being in same DC and having unlimited local and fast transfer, or sort the content on them spread by popularity, you will need some 5-6 at least to achieve those speeds.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited May 2015

Your budget is not realistic except for those selling smoke and mirrors.

• @ItsChrisG said:
    Your budget is not realistic except for those selling smoke and mirrors.

It is for 250-300mbps

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited May 2015

hyelton said:

It is for 250-300mbps

Probably the cheapest IP transit one can buy is he.net, at about $400 per 1000Mbps. So your 250-300Mbps of pure internet transit would be $100 - $120.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2015

@rds100 said:

Not in France. Currently have a 200mbps port unmetered for $37 a month.

• @hyelton said:

OVH =! Realistic

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    OVH =! Realistic

Actually if it was OVH I`d prob stay, OneProvider/Online.net.

• @hyelton said:

That's even better

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    OVH =! Realistic

If you mean it ain't realistic then
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3tz250sf.aspx

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited May 2015

@hyelton said:

That budget is a little low for what you need and you've been told something along those lines the last four threads you have made.
    How about you look into something else, perhaps an object store or a cheap CDN for your most popular large downloads or maybe even some form of caching from cloudflare (do they even cache downloads? Probably not, I don't really know.) I'm just throwing some idea's your way.

For example https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/ has object storage at €0.02/gb coming in at roughly €40/2tb however the bonus is that there is no transfer limits, might be worth looking into.
    Another (possible) worthy option is from https://www.mediafire.com/upgrade/, they have 1tb of storage for $2.5/mth however their ToS mentions bandwidth which I cannot find anywhere on their site, definitely worth looking into for being so cheap.
    Fairly sure @Markturner has a object store in the works as well, he mentioned it one of your other threads but I'm not sure if you even read it.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Umcookies said: Fairly sure @Markturner has a object store in the works as well

We have quite a well spread object storage platform. Price point I think works but the issue for the OP was his script didn't support it. My proposal was OwnCloud + our object store which solves the issue.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @MarkTurner said:

Ah I see, my mistake then. In that case my suggestion still more or less stands, if what you're doing doesn't work (in this case you can't find something to match your budget) then something needs to change, be it either your budget or how your script handles the files.

I'd personally go the later, then you no longer have a single point of failure, you can scale down your webserver saving a little money there and best of all your files are spread across multiple servers with many gbit/s of total bandwidth available for your users.
    Win-Win-Win

• @Umcookies said:
    Fairly sure Markturner has a object store in the works as well, he mentioned it one of your other threads but I'm not sure if you even read it.

I think I have found somewhere, But I dont think you understand my setup, and the AMOUNT of files involved. The Average file size is about 1-2GB in size along with a good chunk that are 3GB+ in size per file.

Along with I dont have the time to manually upload each single file (800GB) and post/repost each individual link. Besides my old provider my setup is very simple, it WORKS, and provides means of at least paying off the server bill with AD`s.

I just use a simple directory listing script.

I think I may have found a provider though, currently in the testing of it.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited May 2015

@hyelton said:
    I think I have found somewhere, But I dont think you understand my setup, and the AMOUNT of files involved. The Average file size is about 1-2GB in size along with a good chunk that are 3GB+ in size per file.

You're right, I don't because you never explained it. I was merely trying to offer some suggestions because you weren't getting any offers which seemed to satisfy your needs.

Surely you have a couple of files that are more popular than the rest, taking a majority of the bandwidth. You also wouldn't need to transfer every single file, you could stay with your current provider (that you seem happy with besides the lack of bandwidth) and just transfer your most popular files. Alleviating a few TB/mth onto another provider would help, at least a little.