Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howto: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter or Web Server on Kimsufi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Howto: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter or Web Server on Kimsufi

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited May 2015 in Tutorials

I have been working on new Windows Server 2008 R2 (180 Day Trial) templates for the Kimsufi Servers for a while now. I recently got a new server so I could finally complete these templates. This time I had been working on 4 editions: Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter and Web Server (All 64 bit of course). It took me quite a lot of of time to get the right and working drivers imported into Windows.

These 4 templates should be working on all Kimsufi servers, if not, please do send me a PM with the network card information of the server you're trying to install it on.

If you're wondering how to install these on your server, just follow the instructions below.

First of all disable monitoring, once disabled, boot into rescue mode (netboot) from the Kimsufi control panel. Wait a few minutes and an email will show up in your inbox with the details (username and password) of the rescue system.
Login at the rescue system using PuTTy (or your favorite SSH client) and follow the following steps.

After you have fully downloaded the template and performed a reboot to the hard disk, the server will ping for about 30 seconds the first time, after that it will time out again, and about 1-2 minutes later it will ping again. This is because of the Driver installation of the network card. This will only happen one time at the first boot.

You can find these templates on my website: https://joodle.nl/windows-server-2008-r2-standard-enterprise-datacenter-or-web-server-on-kimsufi

You will need the following username and password to login using RDP (Remote Desktop).

Username: Administrator
Password: Password147

Original Source: https://joodle.nl/windows-server-2008-r2-standard-enterprise-datacenter-or-web-server-on-kimsufi

Thanked by 2sonic nitro85

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I feel like I remember a similar thread like this being closed before due to copyright reasons.

• WilliamWilliam Member

being closed before due to copyright reasons.

It's at least questionable.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@OP post this thread every now and then. There are a few that has been deleted and others that are still open.
    My suggestion is to reuse the old ones since there is nothing new, except new drivers perhaps?!

This is closed.

This discussion has been closed.