Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else notice what new services Namecheap started offering?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else notice what new services Namecheap started offering?

Went to pay for a domain renewal, noticed Namecheap is offering new services including:

1. About.ME Website Services ($43.98/yr) & Canvas ($0.00)

2. Tailor Brands (Logo Design - $24.33/ea), SiteBooster ($6.10/mo)

3. Namecheap Legal Services including:

• Trademark Bronze $604.69/ea
  • Trademark Silver $787.98/ea
  • Trademark Gold $916.20/ea
  • Trademark Platinum $1154.41/ea
  • LLC Formation $182.02/ea
  • Incoporation of Corporation $182.02/ea

Comments

• yep. Dont care either :)

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: yep. Dont care either :)

^^^^^^^^

They also made WhoisGuard not a separate product anymore and you can't extend it unless it is running out soon. Not sure if they removed the promo code,too, since I can't test..

• comXyzcomXyz Member

Look interesting, I'm going to send then a CV to join About.me

• Whats the trademark service? I cant find anything on their site

• @ItsChrisG said:
    Whats the trademark service? I cant find anything on their site

Took a little Googling: https://www.namecheap.com/apps/marketplace/258/namecheap-legal#

Thanked by 1Acacy
  • Register LLCs?

Can we apply for ASNs using these LLC? I think it's worth a try :)

• thagoatthagoat Member

Yep, I switched to NameCheap after losing faith with EVERY registrar, including the vomit inducing GoDaddy, and my VPS provider. I guess Google Domains is my next ex host? Hoping they don't get sketchy too, but not holding my breath.... GASP

• lpnlpn Member
    edited May 2015

@4n0nx said:
    They also made WhoisGuard not a separate product anymore and you can't extend it unless it is running out soon. Not sure if they removed the promo code,too, since I can't test..

What you mean by that? Whoisguard is still available as a separate product:
    https://www.namecheap.com/security/whoisguard.aspx

I see... now you can't have/buy Whoisguard subscription just by itself, it needs to be used for a domain

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • sinsin Member

@thagoat said:
    Yep, I switched to NameCheap after losing faith with EVERY registrar, including the vomit inducing GoDaddy, and my VPS provider. I guess Google Domains is my next ex host? Hoping they don't get sketchy too, but not holding my breath.... GASP

Have you tried Namesilo? I moved over 100 domains from Namecheap to Namesilo this past year, absolutely LOVE Namesilo and their free whois privacy for life is great too.