Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with this IDC (LA)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with this IDC (LA)

PcNyPcNy Member
edited May 2015 in General

First I want to let you know I need a VPS to make a personal SSH Tunneling to reduce my game ping. I tried WTFast and just found a server which gives me lowest possible ping and smooth game experience. The proxy server IP is 107.6.92.3 (Santa Clara, CA? Need confirmation).

Are there any VPS providers who using the same IDC as this one? I want a cheap yearly plan for this location (that's why I didn't pay for WTFast monthly subscription). Looking for cheapest possible option because I am not going to use it for any other thing. Just remote SSH and tunneling for one person. A test IP would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• PcNyPcNy Member
    edited May 2015

Sorry for my ignorance. But does that mean it's in New York after all?

• edited May 2015

@PcNy said:

It's best to ask the provider (Voxel)
    The databases are not always accurate.

IP2Location : New York

IPligence : California Santa Clara

IP Address Labs : California Santa Clara

DB-IP: New York

ipinfo.io : California Santa Clara

• @PcNy What is the maximum acceptable latency for you?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@PcNy said:

No, it's San Jose.

• How about you state your location and ISP and perhaps your IP; as well as hopeful latency number -- this will help get you better results in your search.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep

PcNy said: Sorry for my ignorance. But does that mean it's in New York after all?

No, It is voxel San Jose

• PcNyPcNy Member
    edited May 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    How about you state your location and ISP and perhaps your IP; as well as hopeful latency number -- this will help get you better results in your search.

My location is Thailand. Here is my ISP (https://ipinfo.io/AS17552).
    Acceptable latency to US is <=250ms. If can be <200ms that would be amazing.

• Looks like I am getting 214ms~ from my network in LA to a couple random IP's I tested from that AS advertisement list.

@PcNy - can you PM me your current IP address so I can do a test and see where it stands?

Thanks!