Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.7.3 Launched - New Enduser Theme in beta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.7.3 Launched - New Enduser Theme in beta

Hi,

The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.7.3
This version has some cool new features and some bug fixes.
The following is a list of changes in this version:

1) [Feature] With this version we would like to announce a new Enduser theme ! It will be in beta for some time and the old theme will be supported for another 6 months from this release.
Our new enduser theme is based on the Single Page Interface concept and uses JSON API calls in Virtualizor to perform actions. For hosting companies this means they need to edit only one HTML file to fully customize the look and feel of this theme into something of their own.

Detailed docs on how to make the new theme will soon be available. We plan to make this new theme stable within a month from now. The new theme is also Mobile Friendly (it uses bootstrap). We will also be porting this to the billing software modules we maintain.

To use the new theme, login to an enduser account and use the following URL to access the new theme :
http(s)://YOUR-HOST-NAME/SESSION/index.php?act=i&w2=1

Here are some screenshots of the new theme :

listvs

vpsmanage

user setting

change password

cloudres

create-full

monitoring

status log

control panel

apikey

2) [Feature] In the Admin Panel, the pagination tool has been improved to set the number of results per page.

3) [Feature] For the enduser panel, we have combined the language files into one single language file. Existing languages have also been updated with the single language file structure. Old language files will be deleted when the old enduser theme is disabled in Virtualizor.

4) [Task] Now virtio can be enabled while editing the VPS. (Note : It cannot be disabled once enabled)

5) [Task] In the Admin Panel, we have added pagination wherever possible.

6) [Task] The Enduser API has been improved and will soon have a detailed documentation done.

7) [Task] The Admin API has also been improved.

8) [Task] Improved the UI of various Logs in the Admin Panel.

9) [Task] There were many functions which were not defined in the SDK. This has been improved.

10) [Task] Added multiple action tool on in the Media Group and DNS wizards.

11) [Task] In the Add and Edit VPS wizard, we have changed the text of kb -> KB for Network Speed and Upload speed. This is to avoid confusion as some users assumed it was kilo bits/second. The unit was and is kilo bytes/second.

12) [Task] The ISO download wizard now supports FTP protocol as well i.e. public FTP mirrors can be used for download of an ISO.

13) [BugFix] For XEN HVM VMs with TAP devices, the default bridge was taken as the xenbr0 which resulted in bandwidth miscalculation. This has been fixed to use the bridge name as per the saved configuration.

14) [BugFix] On XenServer the network speed was written wrong in configuration for upload limit. This is fixed now.

15) [BugFix] In the Rebuild VPS wizard when multi virtualization is enabled on the Node, the OS list was showing OS templates of both virtualization software. This is fixed now.

16) [BugFix] Cloud user was not able to create the VPS if multi virtualization was turned on. This is fixed now.

17) [BugFix] Resizing the file system for QCOW2 was failing on some VPS which had been powered off and the filesystem was not clean. This is fixed now.

18) [BugFix] When multi-virtualization was enabled and if the primary storage was OpenVZ, Virtualizor was not able to create the VPS for KVM. This is fixed now.

19) [BugFix] In the Add and Edit VPS wizard, there was a Javascript bug due to which Network Speed and Upload speed was not set correctly if the drop down was used. This is fixed now.

20) [BugFix] If admin had disabled the API credential for endusers, a user would still able to access the API credential wizard with the direct URL. This is fixed now.

21) [BugFix] In the Admin Panel Backup wizard, the logs were not getting cleared if admin clicked on Clear logs. This is fixed now.

22) [BugFix] If multi virtualization is enabled and the Node was booted into a wrong kernel, the warning for the wrong kernel would have "1" at the end. This is fixed now.

23) [BugFix] There was a bug in detecting the size of a QCOW2 file if it had a decimal in the size. This is fixed now.

24) [BugFix] In the edit template wizard when the admin edited a precreated template, disabled fields would show blank values when the form was submitted. This is fixed now.

Full Article :
http://www.softaculous.com/board/index.php?tid=7613

Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.

Regards,
The Virtualizor Team

Comments

• Nice :)

• Seems like it's time to switch

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

Template look good expect the left side bar(White is better than black)

We till use the old theme

Is their anyway i get the same old theme(above) on my new server provisioning

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Guys you are great! Just wondering why I cant monitor the DISK and Bandwidth usage from my KVM Panel? Is that so hard to do it?

edited May 2015

@BuyAds i hope you referring the WHMCS module

For me bandwidth usage is working well

**Space,RAM usage, load not working

• BruceBruce Member

all very interesting, but why as a customer of virtualizor I don't get an email? why do I need to read about it first on LET?

also, only 12 bugfixes? I don't believe that. And if that were to be true, why aren't you fixing more bugs?

I don't care so much about the theme. I just need the software to work.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

@suraj4u am talking about the virtualizor client portal.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Looks feature rich! Will give it a try

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

virtualizor said: 4) [Task] Now virtio can be enabled while editing the VPS. (Note : It cannot be disabled once enabled)

Because?

@BuyAds .. OOh got it

monitoring -wont work over KVM

I hope WHMCS client module is sufficient for end user

• @BuyAds said:
    Guys you are great! Just wondering why I cant monitor the DISK and Bandwidth usage from my KVM Panel? Is that so hard to do it?

Will be there in the stable release of the theme.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Because?

Well even while enabling virtio you will see a warning. The main reason for this is the fact that with VirtIO the disk is renamed from sda to vda.
    Some OS can handle the changes and not all. We are going to make more changes in some time.

• Any plan to implement virtualbox in the future?

Not that I'd have any use for it apart from testing.

• Guess ill have to wait for 2.7.4 for the one little feature I am after, however atleast good to see an update with some bug fixes.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Bruce said:
    all very interesting, but why as a customer of virtualizor I don't get an email? why do I need to read about it first on LET?

also, only 12 bugfixes? I don't believe that. And if that were to be true, why aren't you fixing more bugs?

I don't care so much about the theme. I just need the software to work.

The Email are sent to the Admin from the Cron Update & I get this in SPAM as Server's System Mail hasn't been configured yet. Seems same to you.

• BruceBruce Member

just got emails from all my nodes. yes, in spam folder.

would be nice to get release email from virtualizor directly, instead of a "your server has upgraded" email

• @Bruce said:

would be nice to get release email from virtualizor directly, instead of a "your server has upgraded" email

Its being sent and you will get in sometime.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

TBH I still don't like your UI design... The icons you choose are extremely ugly.

I do like you guys, it's just that design that keeps me far from Virtualizor.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • NickMNickM Member

virtualizor said: The main reason for this is the fact that with VirtIO the disk is renamed from sda to vda.

The disk doesn't have to be named vda if it's virtio, it can be named sda just fine. You just have to set the dev attribute of the disk target element to "sda", and leave the bus attribute as "virtio".

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I want Virtualizor Admin and Client Android Apps. :P

• BruceBruce Member

I want admin and client access either on different servers, or very well secured

• BruceBruce Member

try running https://tls.so/ on your virtualizor server. see what complaints it gives for you. I hacekd my SSL config, but that's tossed to the weeds today with this upgrade.

clients like to see a green padlock, whether or not the current config is considered a security risk or not.

@Radi Without a System you cant do much on server management

May be client app may prefer

• @Bruce said:

There was an announcement sent as well later.> @MrGeneral said:

TBH I still don't like your UI design... The icons you choose are extremely ugly.

I do like you guys, it's just that design that keeps me far from Virtualizor.

We had an option for mono-color icons. I think that will be added as an option as well.

@Radi said:
    I want Virtualizor Admin and Client Android Apps. :P

With the new API of the enduser panel, it should soon be possible. Wont be that difficult. About the admin panel, its still a little away.

• danitfkdanitfk Member

Hello ,
    Is there any chance to have single sign-on in WHMCS for signing to Client panel of virtualizor?

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited May 2015

@Bruce said:
    try running https://tls.so/ on your virtualizor server. see what complaints it gives for you. I hacekd my SSL config, but that's tossed to the weeds today with this upgrade.

clients like to see a green padlock, whether or not the current config is considered a security risk or not.

I get 2 errors on our Virtualizor Master.

HTTP Strict Transport Security not set.
     OCSP Stapling not enabled.

I tweaked it slightly when we first moved to Virtualizor will tweak it further. but we always get a green pad lock on our Install.

My biggest concern is that the Panel constantly throws me out. and I have to Login again and again. This is very irritating. Submitted a Ticket and no help what so ever. It's not limited to us we have resold the Product and other customers face exactly the same issue.

• BruceBruce Member

@clamhost said:
    My biggest concern is that the Panel constantly throws me out. and I have to Login again and again.

I don't have that problem. could be a config issue, or your server setup.

• @clamhost said:
    My biggest concern is that the Panel constantly throws me out. and I have to Login again and again. This is very irritating. Submitted a Ticket and no help what so ever. It's not limited to us we have resold the Product and other customers face exactly the same issue.

If your IP changes or your are inactive for 1 hour, your session will end. You can change the session time out i believe :
    Admin Panel -> Master Settings -> Session Timeout

• @virtualizor said:
    Admin Panel -> Master Settings -> Session Timeout

facepalm no wonder every 2mins i .have to relogin on a 3G tether

• danitfkdanitfk Member

@danitfk said:
    Hello ,
    Is there any chance to have single sign-on in WHMCS for signing to Client panel of virtualizor?

Up.. :D

• @clamhost said:
    My biggest concern is that the Panel constantly throws me out. and I have to Login again and again. This is very irritating.

Just make sure that you are not logged in to client panel while accessing the admin panel. If you need to enter into client panel, do so through admin panel instead of logging into it separately.

Thanked by 1tomsfarm