Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH new "Cloud" VPS offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH new "Cloud" VPS offers

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited May 2015 in General

http://www.ovh.com/fr/cloud/

The sandbox ones are similar to RunAbove sandbox, except more expensive, less storage, but unmetered bandwidth at 100 Mbit, instead of 1TB at >2Gbit.

Comments

• sandbox doesnt have a SLA. These do

• aFriendaFriend Member

Locations? I don't see it mentioned except in URL.. And I don't have France acct

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2015

Only SBG France for now. https://lut.im/lgQdtots/bPVkpP3k

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Still same OVZ?

edited May 2015

fitvpn said: Still same OVZ?

These are KVM based on OpenStack.

• icryicry Member

I liked RunAbove a lot...What about this...How does it compare ?

• TomTom Member

@icry to me it just looks like its RunAbove tbh.

• @icry said:
    I liked RunAbove a lot...What about this...How does it compare ?

It is backed by SLA for the lowest priced 3€ server even & bigger models come with purpose based offering based on RAM & CPU. Good luck to other "cloud" providers competing those offers. OVH is making life difficult for countless number of OVH resellers as well because I don't think it would be possible for anyone of them to match those specs & pricing.

• itaaitaa Member

is there an english site for this? :(

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2015

@itaa said:
    is there an english site for this? :(

Whenever OVH launch a new product it first appears on their French website & then after a few days on regional websites i.e UK, IE, US, DE, CA etc so you have to wait a bit.

• AmitzAmitz Member

So I can now get a DDoS protected IP that I can tunnel to another server for EUR 3,- per month? Nice.

• sinsin Member

When I try to signup I get redirected to a panel login page?

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited May 2015

Another way to sell more VPSes and make more money...

Amitz said: So I can now get a DDoS protected IP that I can tunnel to another server for EUR 3,- per month? Nice.

You could get one before (and still can) for 1.99 EUR.

• defaultdefault Veteran

I wonder how will OVH resellers survive now?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Interesting, I'll definitely host an IRC server there.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2015

FredQc said: Another way to sell more VPSes and make more money...

true, just call and sell all virtualisation as "Cloud", even it's KVM

I wonder how will OVH resellers survive now?

reseller do have decent tech and billing support , as for OVH I don't think so.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@rm_ said:
    You could get one before (and still can) for 1.99 EUR.

Oh, I was not aware of that! I thought those cheaper DDoS protected IPs always come together with another service. Like "Rent a VPS for 5 EUR per month and get a protected IP for EUR 1.99 on top!".

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I try to get one, I already have OVH account, its keep showing Chargement .. and nothing happens..

• boerndboernd Member

@Saahib said:
    I try to get one, I already have OVH account, its keep showing Chargement .. and nothing happens..

same here

• souvarinesouvarine Member
    edited May 2015

@Saahib I had to set up a regular payment method before proceeding further. Click around until you get an option to choose a payment method.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

hope this comes to the OVH Canadian site. I'd be willing to pay a little extra over the Runabove to get unmetered transfer AND if its an actual OVH service that means you can turn on permanent DDOS mitigation. (runabove just has 'auto' mitigation)

edited May 2015

@souvarine said:
    Saahib I had to set up a regular payment method before proceeding further. Click around until you get an option to choose a payment method.

I have added credit card as one of the payment method but still same....

• Unfortunately, among all OVH products, only kimsufi.ie accepts China Mainlanders.

Anyone idea.. now it shows this :

• sent a support ticket about that. I hope i could get it. :)

• baranbaran Member

how about personal torrenting?

• Is there are any ways to buy / test this from OVH.ie?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

wtf 3€ for 2GB RAM and unmetered 100 mbit/s.... (+ VAT)

baran said: how about personal torrenting?

I don't think OVH cares what you do with the resources you purchased. I also think they rip up DMCAs as it's not a thing in France. But you could always ask them ...

• OVH are great when it comes to high RAM packages for cheap prices, but I wish they would do plans with something like 256MB RAM but 200GB storage for 3 eur instead of 2GB RAM