Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Refugee
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Refugee

First of all, I've been a lurker here for a while but I would appreciate some assistance, Thank you in advance.

I've been with BlueVM for a few years and with the quality/stability/drama issues going on recently I've decided I should move towards a more robust/mature provider.

My question is, are that any providers that can offer me a comparable package to what I currently have with BlueVM?

KVM4 server (KVM) - Buffalo - USD45/yr

2048 MB Guaranteed RAM

4 CPU Core

1 IPv4 Address

40 GB Disk Space

3 TB Bandwidth

BLUE2 server (OpenVZ) - Buffalo - USD10/yr

512 MB of Guaranteed RAM

512 MB of Swap

2 CPU

1 IPv4 Address

25 GB of Disk

1 TB of Bandwidth

I don't have a specific location preference other then somewhere with reliable networking in Canada or USA. Also, I really don't need more the 1TB of bandwidth for each server.

Comments

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

You should increase your budget on the KVM or else you will just end up with another bluevm style provider.

• We may offer the 2GB KVM with 100GB Disk for $48 year. Located in France.

https://misterhost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=67

Regards,
    Gregory

• @JoeMerit said:
    You should increase your budget on the KVM or else you will just end up with another bluevm style provider.

Valid point, the absolute maximum I can budget would be USD75/yr for the two.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

I can do the OpenVZ one in NJ or Canada.

Contact us if interested: http://krkn.pw/contact

• Send us a ticket via https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php and we'll see what we can do for you.

@concerto49 said:
    Send us a ticket via https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php and we'll see what we can do for you.

Hey if you are going to match that KVM offer can I get in on it too?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2015

@der_wolf (@JoeMerit)quite sure your BlueVM KVMs are oversold, whereas our services aren't. I'm confident our KVMs will do better at lower specifications, for instance 2GB RAM @ 1GB instead. E5 node, dedicated RAM/Storage, currently running a 30% lifetime discount for LET community.

Please PM if interested thank you. oh yea, always forget this, location CA. :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

century1stop said: quite sure your BlueVM KVMs are oversold, whereas our services aren't.

Why aren't they?

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • tragictragic Member

Send me a PM and it's possible I can do something for you with OpenVZ.

@century1stop said:
    der_wolf (@JoeMerit)quite sure your BlueVM KVMs are oversold, whereas our services aren't. I'm confident our KVMs will do better at lower specifications, for instance 2GB RAM @ 1GB instead. E5 node, dedicated RAM/Storage, currently running a 30% lifetime discount for LET community.

Please PM if interested thank you. oh yea, always forget this, location CA. :)

Unless your application needs 2GB of ram and then 1GB will do jack shit.

• @Nekki said:
    why not? non-oversold are much more stable and you should see how blazing fast they are, for instance OVZs reboot or rebuild in seconds, KVMs almost similar but slightly slower. Our services are BUDGET, not low end.

• @JoeMerit said:
    yea that's right but not too many applications need that much RAM. Furthermore, when oversold, you will find your server dwindle as time go by when more VMs get provisioned. At some point, yum update may result in "insufficient memory to process or something"........ moreover, non oversold allows more cpu resources per VM, simply because there will be very few VMs.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Hey if you are going to match that KVM offer can I get in on it too?

Send us a ticket and we'll see what we can offer you based on your needs.