Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostitek gone? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostitek gone?

Comments

• Mee too, Hostitek is now on my private dead pool ;)

Im switchting now to IPX or FrontRageHosting.... by the way FrontRage offers free DNS service via SolusVM ;)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • I would say hostitek is dead for sure now... no response from them in 4 days. Chi node still dead.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • LESLES Member

Another few bucks flying away... yes, no response on ticket or direct email!

• I signed up with them on January 9th for a yearly plan of $16/year. I guess I got my use out of it anyway...

• R.I.P. Hostitek
    Feb 2012 - mid October 2012.

It was a good one...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@OpenEnergyProject said: Feb 2012 - mid October 2012.

Since Damian ordered in january, I think you are a bit wrong there.
    M

• Nodes in Netherlands and Kansas are still going fine. Not sure about ticketing/help desk but I have only had to submit a ticket to them maybe a total of 3 times, which were handled quickly. I have had accounts with them for over a year. Still, you would think they would get back to people in tickets and fix the nodes that are down. All I know is, I pay month to month and will continue to do so, just in case.

• @TheLinuxBug - yep, my KS is still humming, but they will not respond to anything... LA dead for almost a week now. Im sure the NL and KS are next to die off.

• lol.. just got this again:

This is a notification to let you know that we are changing the status of your ticket #xxxxxx to Closed as we have not received a response from you in over 48 hours.

Subject: Premium VPS - Chicago - VZSP DOWN
    Department: Support
    Priority: High

response from me? lol.... response from them is lacking, if anything... DEAD!

• @Maounique said: Since Damian ordered in january, I think you are a bit wrong there.

I ordered in May 2011.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@lbft said: ordered in May 2011.

OK, he is very wrong then :P
    M

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DanDan Member

My ticket from the 18th is still open & has yet to be responded to, I figure I got 8 months for $12, not too bad besides the fact it took my ZNC instance down with it.

• There is some kind of announcement in the client area, the bank froze their accounts due to some fraudulent clients and services will resume next week (this is from oct. 21).
    So, maybe they'll rise from the dead.

• @averell said: There is some kind of announcement in the client area

no announcement anywhere... I would not order anything from these fools again, ever.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited October 2012

they thanked my patience.:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We're terribly sorry! Because of fraud(client) impact ...
    Our bank account has been frozen, two computers(billing / technical staff use) seized.
    During the period ,we run around the police and banks ... etc, all service are interruptions.
    Now, we get back some funds , and recovery service coming week.

Thank you for your patience.
    Hostitek.com

Sunday, October 21, 2012

• lbftlbft Member
    edited October 2012

@someJoe said: no announcement anywhere...

http://my.hostitek.com/announcements.php?id=23

I can't say I'm disappointed to see them showing signs of life, I'd like to get the rest of my prepaid year (and my VPS is still up).

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • my bad! didnt see it -- they should have at least emailed it to all.

• @lbft said: I can't say I'm disappointed to see them showing signs of life, I'd like to get the rest of my prepaid year (and my VPS is still up).

I have 3 there (yearlies - 2 months into term), so it will certainly be a good thing if they come back up, but I doubt I would ever order anything there...

• Honestly, for the more than year have been with them I have been very satisfied with their services (Nice connectivity, IO has been decent, good respources, etc). Granted I did make sure to do a back-up when this thread started, but I was hoping they were not going to go Deadpool™. Glad to see signs of life and hope to see Hostitek return to supplying their quality services.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • LESLES Member

Email,Twitter... nothing used. Just an hidden announcement!
    This way these guys are no option for me anymore.

• Do you guys actually really think their computer get taken away by the police?

Thanked by 1someJoe
  • This is the same company who took 6 days to replace a network card in a server, and gave no communication while it was down. Completely unsurprising.

• my KC VPS is down now as well. I guess the DC shut that one as well now...

• Yes, KC is now down as well :(

• Now the NL server is down as well. I would say...deadpool.....

• so much for the

@Randy said: Do you guys actually really think their computer get taken away by the police?

lol ... exactly... I guess you want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but...

• LESLES Member
    edited October 2012

My last working box with them in Los Angeles is gone.

Edit: Back after 7h downtime

• Well, Hostitek appears to be back online for the most part, they just generated me a new vps on their new node in Chicago to replace my old one, and credited me with a few months extra for the downtime.

Admittedly SolusVM didn't like the username & password Hostitek told me to use, but the vps is sshable and at the bare minimum Hostitek has made it right IMO.

Overall, for $12 a year this is pretty good, now if only I could upgrade to their $16 a year tier on this node.

• @Dan only you?

• @Dan I'm still not able to ssh to my Chicago - VZSP box, nor do the SolusVM they gave me.