Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Dedicated Server with Graphic integrated :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Dedicated Server with Graphic integrated :)

Hello
I need a Server with the spec:
RAM = around 100GB
HDD > 2TB
Chip has Graphic integrated (like some xeon E3 version)
Budget around 80-120 USD
Also I need around 30-40 IP address
And have Virtualization available (using XenServer 6.5)
Thanks
Hai Anh

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member

Ram 100GB on a Xeon E3 is not possible. The maximum supported is 32GB. Besides the Xeon E3s with model number ending with "0" don't have built in GPU.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • HaiAnhhHaiAnhh Member

@rds100 said:
    Ram 100GB on a Xeon E3 is not possible. The maximum supported is 32GB. Besides the Xeon E3s with model number ending with "0" don't have built in GPU.

It just a example :)
    btw thanks for the info :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I understand the kind of graphic cards that come with most of the servers will not be suitable?

Example: Matrox® G200eW with 8 MB memory integrated

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I always wanted a server with an integrated graphics card so I could play PC Football Manager wherever I was.

• WilliamWilliam Member

hard - E3 supports as @rds100 said only 32GB - 12X5 CPUs have the usual integrated GPU (same as i7) which is fairly good.

E5 has no GPU onboard and servers are built with minimal 8-16MB cards mainly designed for IPMI.

Avoton Atoms support 64GB RAM but do not have Intel GPUs either.

Your price range is also very low, 100GB RAM and 40 IPs @ 120$ is not really possible.

• msg7086msg7086 Member

Try lower your requirement and find an i7 somewhere hetzner or ovh etc.

• HaiAnhhHaiAnhh Member

@William said:
    hard - E3 supports as rds100 said only 32GB - 12X5 CPUs have the usual integrated GPU (same as i7) which is fairly good.

E5 has no GPU onboard and servers are built with minimal 8-16MB cards mainly designed for IPMI.

Avoton Atoms support 64GB RAM but do not have Intel GPUs either.

Your price range is also very low, 100GB RAM and 40 IPs @ 120$ is not really possible.

The RAM is not the top problem, I sure can lower it down, also with the IP

All I need is a GPU-support server, which could allow me to run a few BlueStack session at the same time :)

• E3-1225v3, 8GB, 1TB 100Mbps Unmetered $39/m

Order annually and get free memory upgrade to 16GB

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=164

You can increase that to 32GB and add upto 2 disks eg 2 x 2TB if you want.

• yomeroyomero Member

HaiAnhh said: BlueStack session

How is this?
    I don't think running bluestacks remotely requires a graphics card on the server.

• nadznadz Member

.> @HaiAnhh said:

All I need is a GPU-support server, which could allow me to run a few BlueStack session at the same time :)

running bluestack needs direct3d enabled. Any vps with Windows server 2012 can handle that

• @Nekki said:
    I always wanted a server with an integrated graphics card so I could play PC Football Manager wherever I was.

I've actually thought of this too haha!

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • HaiAnhhHaiAnhh Member

@nadz said:
    running bluestack needs direct3d enabled. Any vps with Windows server 2012 can handle that

I had one free VPS in Google Cloud and it is not runable :(

• yomeroyomero Member

I see it like this.

If you need windows, then you can access only via remote desktop. And no, remote desktop won't allow you to run 3d stuff.

Maybe a Vmware server with 3d acceleration can give you another kind of console, so you can use it directly instead of using remote desktop.

Otherwise, you need a dedicated server with a remote kvm with video attached.

• nadznadz Member

@HaiAnhh said:
    I had one free VPS in Google Cloud and it is not runable :(

I had few vps running bluestack COC BOT with @cociu :) Windows server 2012 with teamviewer.

Thanked by 1zawyetun
  • vaotamvaotam Member
    edited July 2015

@nadz said:
    .> HaiAnhh said:

Are you sure any win 2012 can run bluestacks ?

• Not remote desktop but VNC will help you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Hi Hai,

if the application you are going to run need direct access to GPU card (graphic card) then you can only run 1 VM with that application.

as in xenserver or any other virtualization you can only passthrough the GPU to 1 VM only (unless you have more than 1 GPU in the server)

You seem to be interested in vGPU feature of xenserver but that feature only work with GRID based graphic cards which are very expensive

look here for the list of current GRID cards
    http://www.nvidia.ca/object/cloud-gaming-gpu-boards.html

once you have a server with GRID based card you could run concurrent vms that will think and act as each having dedicated GPU

based on that you should look for dedicated server with GRID based graphic card and a lot of ram of course

Thanks

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Get one of these: https://contabo.de/

Put a GTX graphic into it, just +15 Bucks.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Get one of these: https://contabo.de/

Put a GTX graphic into it, just +15 Bucks.

what's that website in? klingon?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@feckoff said:
    what's that website in? klingon?

SoHvaD qechmey

• try fra.me its remote desktops but offers windows desktop with the nvidia grid gpu's and 16gb ram,I believe its still cheaper then any of the ovh and hetzner dedicated boxes available. They allow you to upgrade and downgrade as you want, so 1 core and 4gb ram downgrade or have access to more ram and gpu, and it all runs in chrome :)
    These are hosted with amazon and they have several more locations as well.

• it's not possible with this price range.

• If you need 3D acceleration for BlueStacks to run, why not use ESXi and virtualize a machine? Max 128 MB VRAM, but I can even run OBS and Wirecast on it.

• nadznadz Member

@vaotam said:
    Are you sure any win 2012 can run bluestacks ?

Running 12 boxes windows 2012 r2 with bluestack on it. At least 4 cores cpu though. It loads 80-90% cpu usage.

Thanked by 2vaotam zawyetun
  • vaotamvaotam Member

@nadz said:
    Running 12 boxes windows 2012 r2 with bluestack on it. At least 4 cores cpu though. It loads 80-90% cpu usage.

Which site you buy vps ?

• nadznadz Member

@vaotam said:

Buy dedicated and run proxmox inside. Mostly providers won't allow high cpu loads 80-90% all day long.

• @vaotam

You can use our "Lightning" KVM vps plan in our Germany location got few clients running bluestack :). However you have to use your own windows license.

Thanked by 1vaotam
  • vaotamvaotam Member
    edited July 2015

@nadz said:
    Buy dedicated and run proxmox inside. Mostly providers won't allow high cpu loads 80-90% all day long.

Can i use ESXi ??

• nadznadz Member

@vaotam said:

I guess so..