Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone can provide with Filtered Voxility IP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone can provide with Filtered Voxility IP?

BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Hello Everyone.

Am under Amplification attack since days. I was talking with Francesco from BuyVM and ordered and Filtered Ip. The tutorial they provided seems not to work for servers where is cPanel and Firewals installed. Am getting very slow response and I want to move from there.

Can someone provide Voxility Filtered IP and help me to create a GRE tunnel to filter the traffic?

Of course willing to pay for it. But today, not the day after tomorrow :)

Thank you.

Comments

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Thank you, am looking for someone that is active and who can help on this now.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BuyAds said: The tutorial they provided seems not to work for servers where is cPanel and Firewals installed.

I was under the impression that cPanel didn't play nicely with GRE because cPanel expects to be able to discover its Internet-facing IP.

cPanel will go to http://www.cpanel.net/showip.cgi to discover its IP. You can't change that action. When it goes there, what it will get back is the GRE address, and then it gets confused because that IP is not in the VPS's ifconfig.

I could be wrong on this...it's a vague recollection from a project a couple years ago.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

http://www.cpanel.net/showip.cgi was not showing nothing at my end. No idea why.

Lats wait for some minutes for Oles from OVH here responded to my tweet

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

It works fine if you know what to configure.

@buyads - Sorry, I went to bed for a few hours. If you're still having issues pass me the ticket ID and I can figure it out. It's likely the guys were waiting on me for it since they don't have a lot of experience with cpanel + filtering GRE's.

Francisco

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2015

@Francisco and @jmginer can IIRC.

Who did you piss off?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Just move to BuyVM directly. It's always going to be easier to have the IP added to the system directly than to tunnel, no matter the case. Keep in mind though that there are quite a number of configurable items in /var/cpanel.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2015

@Francisco will chime in. :)

Edit: Hadn't read his reply. Cool. :P

• BuyAds said: Oles from OVH here responded to my tweet

Good for OVH! CEO/CTO/whatever this week responding.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Good for OVH! CEO/CTO/whatever this week responding.

Yeah and the attack got stopped lol

• they probably routed the traffic. And yea 50kpps is small and not normally a DDOS as seedbox's can actually get that in normal use.