Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many members here are in Southern California? How many down for LET meetup?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many members here are in Southern California? How many down for LET meetup?

ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
edited May 2015 in General

Just curious who all is old enough and also close enough to have an LET meetup of sorts?

Drinks, food, bowling, arcade... somewhere in Downtown LA or Irvine'ish near the good stuff.

LET MEET UP?
  1. Would you attend?43 votes
    1. YES
      30.23%
    2. NO
      69.77%

Comments

• Come over to UK sometime.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@ItsChrisG

Come over CAN, we will perform a Moose hunt. ;)

• If you vote yes, post in this thread so I can send you all invites and we know who would come :)

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    ItsChrisG

I'm thinking about doing for fun hosting meetups in major cities in USA, CAN, EU and China :)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • ATHKATHK Member

@davidgestiondbi said:
    ItsChrisG

Might find @Goodhosting 's body while you're at it.

@ATHK said:
    Might find Goodhosting 's body while you're at it.

BC and Quebec is quite Far away :P

@ItsChrisG said:
    I'm thinking about doing for fun hosting meetups in major cities in USA, CAN, EU and China :)

Will be willing for CAN or East USA. LAX is really FAR from me! :)

• ATHKATHK Member

Yeaaa but I mean he could've ridden his moose down there to see its family ;)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • KrisKris Member

In Santa Monica, but I think I'll pass.

Nothing personal, just requires taking the 405 if it's Irvine, and not a fan of going to downtown LA unless I'm going to the data center.

• cassacassa Member

Maybe we can do multiple meetups. Different LES VPSes with an RTMP server, so it looks like we're all together in one place.

I'm in for the Netherlands

• JonchunJonchun Member

@Kris said:
    In Santa Monica, but I think I'll pass.

Nothing personal, just requires taking the 405 if it's Irvine, and not a fan of going to downtown LA unless I'm going to the data center.

Yea good luck trying to even get off the 10 in the afternoon if it ends up being downtown LA. Oh and good luck with parking.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Not sure why you guys think this would be during rush hour traffic.... If you're old enough to hang out, you're old enough to go out at 8PM and not worry about curfew...

• JonchunJonchun Member

@ItsChrisG said:
    Not sure why you guys think this would be during rush hour traffic.... If you're old enough to hang out, you're old enough to go out at 8PM and not worry about curfew...

From my experience, there's traffic/too many cars up to around 8pm anyways, and once it's dark (past "curfew"), you start having to deal with the drivers who think it's okay to be just a little tipsy, the ones that speed at night since fewer cops, and god forbid you try to drive in the left lane when there's a barrage of lights coming at you because the barrier on the freeway is too low.

It's a fun idea, just not my cup of tea. Would much rather sit at home and idk... browse LET .. (jk..)

• @Jonchun said:

I'll get you an Uber, princess

Thanked by 1Brad
  • KrisKris Member

It's not about curfew. I'd rather walk down to the ocean / SM pier or even 3rd street promenade, than pay $25 either getting to/from, or finding parking in downtown LA in my free time.

I work way too many hours to pretend I'd like to be in downtown LA for anything else but work at the data center.

Maybe I'm just an old fart. I guess Santa Monica suits me well.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@ItsChrisG said:
    I'll get you an Uber, princess

My mummy told me not to accept rides from strangers.

• FredQcFredQc Member

While I live in North America, I'm still 5198 KMs from SoCal... That's a long trip... heh.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited May 2015

@Kris said:
    It's not about curfew. I'd rather walk down to the ocean / SM pier or even 3rd street promenade, than pay $25 either getting to/from, or finding parking in downtown LA in my free time.

I work way too many hours to pretend I'd like to be in downtown LA for anything else but work at the data center.

Maybe I'm just an old fart. I guess Santa Monica suits me well.

Who said we can't meet some where on 3rd Street in SaMo or some where in Venice?
    Location up for discussion, its a meetup after all

• PwnerPwner Member

Los Angeles guy here (San Fernando Valley), driving to Irvine isn't my cup of tea. Especially with the traffic on the freeway there. I'd be excited for a meet up though.

• DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

Why not Germany?

• KrisKris Member

ItsChrisG said: Who said we can't meet some where on 3rd Street in SaMo or some where in Venice?

That definitely changes the equation.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

If somebody else from Marin/Sonoma wants to split gas we can drive there in my truck. But otherwise not worth it I only get 8mpg.

• Depending on where a lot of people are, maybe doing one in San Fran area might be better too - if everyone speaks up, this can actually happen and can be a fun thing and might even help your business out, who knows and why not!

• I'm interested depending on the day, but I'm also driving from the Palm Springs area.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member

@ItsChrisG said:
    Depending on where a lot of people are, maybe doing one in San Fran area might be better too - if everyone speaks up, this can actually happen and can be a fun thing and might even help your business out, who knows and why not!

Germany.