Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avante Hosting - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avante Hosting

Comments

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited October 2012

@ChrisK and where would you of seen this at? I've seen it through an Image @Nick_A sent me; it's pretty tidy to what I can tell. Well done, you've put some servers in a rack, want a medal? Doesnt explain the horrific performance most users got out of your KVM nodes. (Had a plastic KVM? Or was it XEN? either way, slow bash... never a good sign buddy.)

Edit:
    When do you expect your Node Dallas-Xen-2-Reg to be back online? My Patch Mirror is still down :/.

• I can imagine @ChrisK walking into the datacenter with security to gain access to his 1U server in the shared rack

He turns to security, "Two seconds, do you mind if I take a photo of this rack so I can make out I'm someone I'm not to look cool to my interwebz friends"

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • I saw this on IRC last night, @Nick_A confirmed it was his rack.
    As said multiple times, we were unhappy with the uptime in our Florida location thus we moved to Dallas. There will be performance increases with this, and multiple anti-abuse tools installed.
    FYI: We are discontinuing the Plastic plan, too many spammers and abusers.

I don't go into companies threads and bash them, unlike..

• @ChrisK Your staff says they aware of I/O problem, so there are problems.
    Did you just cook those numbers(150+MB/s)?

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

@PhilND
    Well we also have 2 x MLXe-8 so those are 7U's each.
    Then the switches which are 14U's each so 42U used without any servers..
    Sorry, we also have a pair of EX4500's so that's another 4U's total

I think you may be mixing us up with yourself..
    Wait, you don't even own a server.. You rent

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@LAKid said: @ChrisK Your staff says they aware of I/O problem, so there are problems.

Did you just cook those numbers(150+MB/s)?

Nah, he meant the total IO over all the nodes ;)

Anyway, I am out. This thread became a joke.

• @Alex_LiquidHost
    I really don't understand the need of other companies to bash us.

• What I'm confused about is that his staff says there's problem, but this guy kept saying there is no problem. is there other Avantehosting? I may be talking to a wrong guy here. @ChrisK My apologies..

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@ChrisK said: I really don't understand the need of other companies to bash us.

Chris,

I had absolutely no problem with you, however in the past 4 pages you kept bashing other providers yourself, on the top of that - good once. There obviously is a problem with your services. Find it, resolve it, move on. Simple as that. I tend to avoid such responses and keep friendly relations with every single host and I am sure many can confirm it. On the other side, you can't keep bashing providers yourself and not to expect anyone to come back at you.

Have a nice evening.

• @ChrisK . why don't you deal with the ticket yourself? all i am seeing is "our staff wil deal with it" get on your lazy ass..

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@ChrisK

Well we also have 2 x MLXe-8 so those are 7U's each.

Then the switches which are 14U's each so 42U used without any servers..
    Sorry, we also have a pair of EX4500's so that's another 4U's total

I have have only two questions:
    What model/make is the 14U switches?
    42U is almost a full rack (depending on modell), why?

• @ChrisK. even if Phill rents severs. his i/o speed would be better compared to yours?
    so what if ppl rent servers? you said you owned the servers but why do you have such a "good uptime" on your servers/network? you have more control right?

• @Randy
    You closed after a couple weeks of service.
    Summerhost

• @ChrisK said: I really don't understand the need of other companies to bash us.

You make it so easy with your incompetence and weeks of downtime. Add to that your need to bash others whenever possible, payback is a bitch....

Thanked by 2Randy Mon5t3r
  • and atleast i cared to refund. its over. now answer my questions. you seem to be kiddie host here:-P

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @ChrisK if you didnt have the audacity to fire insults left right and centre, maybe you wouldn't have such a bad name.

These pathetic little things like

You closed after a couple weeks of service.
    Summerhost

Is just unacceptable; Randy cleared his name after several accusations, he's a good egg, albeit annoying at times; yourself; in the last four pages have insulted anybody who has commented on the situation, including calling other rack's a mess (Ok, if it's a mess, aesthetics means low performance? Nope.avi!)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @ChrisK said: I really don't understand the need of other companies to bash us.

I really don't understand the need for you to bash RamNode/MCLayer.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ChrisK said: I really don't understand the need of other companies to bash us.

@ChrisK said: Our infrastructure is superior to most companies on leb as well ;)

@Maurice said: You told everyone that the move would be done several weeks ago, yet you mention like it just happened,

Need further explanation?

Thanked by 2Randy eastonch
  • Thanks @SimpleNode for the defence, and @jarland you've just summed up how confused @ChrisK must be, is he actually mentally present when he writes his comments?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Almost time for a sale targeted to unhappy customers. Whos in?

• @ CVPS_Chris I'm in, pm me a code.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Almost time for a sale targeted to unhappy customers. Whos in?

Both me and @Jack liked that at exactly the same time.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Randy
  • We are in the final stages of getting any problems worked out.
    @LAKid
    Since you are so unhappy despite the free month, we'll refund your money and welcome you to look elsewhere. Good luck.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited October 2012

@ChrisK Thanks much. Ticket opened for this refund. #359614

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@Liam said: Refugee sale!

I'd like to let anyone know that if they are unhappy with their service they can sign up for Catalyst at an unbelievable value of regular price! I kid. We actually don't want customers. They take up disk space.

;)

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Lol. What did I start.

Thanked by 3jar Randy netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ChrisK said: Good luck.

I am sorry for you :( It became painful to read this, I hope I will manage to avoid it.
    I think others feel the same. Mission accomplished ?
    M

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @ChrisK I'm waiting for refund, I have to pay money to somebody here in the thread to get a new vps.

• @LAKid

I can give you 0.1 Cores, 2000KB/s IO and 16MB of ram for $20 /month?

• ChrisKChrisK Member
    edited October 2012

@LaKid
    I'm aware of that and will process it shortly.

Edit: It has been processed.