Anyone else get late notifications?

Anyone else get late notifications?

NexusNexus Member
edited October 2012 in Help

Hey I was wondering if it's just me but whenever I send a message to someone, and they reply; like 2-4minutes later I get a notification at the bottom left saying I got a new message from them? But it's already been read/etc. Same goes for notifications of the @ Symbol/etc.

Just wondering if this is normal or a bug? Hope it can get squashed.

D4jsp - Where virgins roam free

Comments

• its just how it is!

• RandyRandy Disabled

thats normal. i got that everysingle time

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Provider

The notifications seem to only happen when there is some other sort of AJAX communication with the server - for example, when auto-saving a draft of something you're typing. That may explain the delay.

Currently offering Node.js code review, tutoring and advice! http://cryto.net/~joepie91/code-review.html
    Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

Thanked by 2titanicsaled djvdorp
  • Yep, happens every time someone makes a response on a thread I've created, replied to me, or sent a message.

NitroRack - $10/Month 100GB Shared Hosting - [email protected]
  • MaouniqueMaounique Member, Provider

@joepie91 said: The notifications seem to only happen when there is some other sort of AJAX communication with the server - for example, when auto-saving a draft of something you're typing. That may explain the delay.

I can confirm that. I get them all in a moment, it happened to get 5 or more at the same time when I had comments on a popular thread. M

If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy.

• Has happened to me too.

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • dragonballz2kdragonballz2k Member
    edited October 2012

Is it because browser won't get update from server. Or is it a server problem