Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a VPS with unlimited CPU usage and at least 1GB RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need a VPS with unlimited CPU usage and at least 1GB RAM

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a VPS. I want to be able to use 100% of the CPU all the time, and it must have at least 1GB of RAM.

I will be running a couple of java apps on it and depending on the VPSs specs it may use up to 90% of the CPU and about 100mb RAM, for a total of 400mb of RAM usage.

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member

@drserver has the AbusiveCores line which may be suitable for your needs, if not, then your best choice is renting a cheap dedicated server.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • joereidjoereid Member

+1 for abusivecores, great service

Thanked by 1drserver
  • al3xtal3xt Member

Yep. Thats what abusivscores are made for.. Abuse all your allocated cores.

• teo1030teo1030 Member

@Pwner said:
    drserver has the AbusiveCores line which may be suitable for your needs, if not, then your best choice is renting a cheap dedicated server.
    @joereid said:
    +1 for abusivecores, great service

Hey guys thanks for answering. I actually knew about him, but it's kinda complicated to purchase from him. do you know about any other options? I think I'll try with him anyway, I just want to know if there are stocked ones from other provider or something.

• Vultr usually don't care if you use all of your CPU. I use them for running gameservers.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited May 2015

You can use 100% of the assigned cores on wable.com We use a smart deployment system to always keep loads low, plus we overstock the heck out of the hypervisors.

here's a couple 40 and 24 core machines;

• PwnerPwner Member

@teo1030 said:
    Hey guys thanks for answering. I actually knew about him, but it's kinda complicated to purchase from him. do you know about any other options? I think I'll try with him anyway, I just want to know if there are stocked ones from other provider or something.

Only other companies I know that will let you utilize full cores would be @MarkTurner with Delimiter's dedicated Atoms or OVH's Kimsufi line.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Absolutely Delimiter's $5/month (paid annually or $10/month paid monthly) Atom server will give you two cores that you can thrash the hell out of. 100% of the resources are yours to use.

• teo1030teo1030 Member

I'll be purchasing it in a few days. Btw, what does H/T means ("1 H/T Dedicated Core")?

Thanked by 1sambling
  • teo1030 said: I'll be purchasing it in a few days. Btw, what does H/T means ("1 H/T Dedicated Core")?

There are 12 physical cores on the node which with Hyper-Threading gives 24 logical cores. We then sell 23 VPSes on the node.

Thanks for considering us! =)

• @teo1030 said:
    Btw, what does H/T means ("1 H/T Dedicated Core")?

2 threads accessing 1 physical core, both able to saturate the full core (obviously not simultaneously :)) - you have 1 of those threads, the OS sees it as a core.

Thanked by 1sambling
  • cociucociu Member

2 core

2 gb ecc ram

30 GB Hdd

1 ipv4

10 Tb traffic/month

port speed 1Gbps

Located in Romania

Price : 1.99 eur ($2.31)/month (Quarterly payment only)

no problem for cpu usage

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

teo1030 said: I actually knew about him, but it's kinda complicated to purchase from him.

Why? Just follow https://drserver.net/drbill/index.php?/cart/&step=3 and order. What's complicated about it?

cociu said: no problem for cpu usage

Do you allow 100% usage 24/7 on the allocated cores?

Thanked by 1drserver
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

@jvnadr yes we allow , we do not oversell so you can use it 24/7/365 days no problem at all

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2015

@cociu Nice! I just wonder what profit is this leaving to you with this low price... If you have, for example, a 24 core machine, then, your income from the node will be 24 euros per month. It is extremely low, hardly this can cover the costs of bandwidth, the ipv4 and power , not to mention the cost of the node itself...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2015

@jvnadr its verry verry easy , we are a preatty new hosting company (1 year) , we working for get more and more clients and we dont look much now for proffit (our proffit is from another bussines). No all clients pay 2 eur/mo in the same node. We have clients what need huge hdd, huge ram , etc etc. And YES is possible no overselling . Any way you can take a look http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/52002/hostsolutions-ro-review

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • J1021J1021 Member

Vultr are fine with this.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2015

@teo1030 I do not believe it'll be possible to use up 100% of the core, more likely just 100% of allocated cpu resources which is more than adequate to run any software.

• teo1030teo1030 Member

@cociu said:
    jvnadr its verry verry easy , we are a preatty new hosting company (1 year) , we working for get more and more clients and we dont look much now for proffit (our proffit is from another bussines). No all clients pay 2 eur/mo in the same node. We have clients what need huge hdd, huge ram , etc etc. And YES is possible no overselling . Any way you can take a look http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/52002/hostsolutions-ro-review

Damn I will give it a try too. I prefer KVM and Xen VPSs when I need full CPU usage, but if you don't oversell, I think it may perform the same way.

• cociucociu Member

@teo1030 no worries if you are not content with our services you have 10 day for money back guarantee

• trvztrvz Member

@cociu: your KVM Starter VZ 3 comes with 4 cores. so if I have a constant load of 4.0 or higher, you'll be fine with it?

• cociucociu Member

@trvz plese dont put me to repeat , what you see publish in our webpage and here is true , if you buy this package is not a problem from us to use it 100% all the time

• @trvz said:
    cociu: your KVM Starter VZ 3 comes with 4 cores. so if I have a constant load of 4.0 or higher, you'll be fine with it?

in b4 using all four cores to prove a point.