Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horde Groupware
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Horde Groupware

LineNoiseLineNoise Member

I desperately want to setup a horde groupware server so I can utilize it's activesync features. I've tried on a shared webhost and also on VPS and I'm having great difficulties at every turn. Ideally I would like to use it in conjunction with virtualmin so I can quickly deploy additional server for family or friends or other projects that I'm working on.

I've got a CentOS 7 VPS that I was able to get webmin/virtualmin installed on. That part has been easy, but I've spent countless hours fighting with horde. It ALWAYS comes down to permissions. I had horde working 75% on my last attempt, except for caching. When I tried troubleshooting those permissions, I the whole thing.

I threw the towel in and calmed down and now I'm making another attempt. If I install horde with pear from root, I have permissions issues right off the bat and horde can't write anything in /home/public_html. Knowing that caused issues prior, I am now trying from the virtualserver's login, but pear doesn't work right!

-sh-4.2$ pear install horde/horde_role

No releases available for package "pear.horde.org/horde_role"
install failed

I try to install a separate pear:

-sh-4.2$ pear config-create /home/public_html/horde /home/public_html/horde/pear.conf

Could not create "/home/public_html/horde/pear.conf"

Any expertise is appreciated here. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• As far as cache goes I think you have to change the umask in horde to 037. I think that is what I used to get cache to work. Setting is on main horde config page.

As far as rest goes not sure what to tell you. Any other errors showing?

• Have you tried:

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org

&

pear channel-update pear.horde.org

• bohdansbohdans Member

This is how I installed it in Centos, your mileage may vary!

pear upgrade PEAR
    pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
    pear install horde/horde_role
    pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
    pear install -a -B horde/webmail
    pear install pear/MDB2#mysql
    pear install pear/Date_Holidays-alpha
    pear install pear/Date_Holidays_Australia-alpha
    pear install pear/Text_LanguageDetect-alpha
    pear install pear/SOAP-beta
    pear install pear/Console_Color2-alpha
    pear install pear/Numbers_Words-beta
    pear install pear/Image_Text-beta

• nightshade said: As far as cache goes I think you have to change the umask in horde to 037. I think that is what I used to get cache to work. Setting is on main horde config page.

Thanks, I tried a different UMASK and it didn't go well. I will try '037'. Hopefully 1 day I'll have a thorough understanding of linux permissions.

The seperate pear install failed because I had a type in there. I've got horde up and running, except for the caching, I'll have to play with that when I get a chance. For the moment I've been trying to troubleshoot firewalld. Everytime I activate it I lose all connections.