Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of known spam/promotion email addresses?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of known spam/promotion email addresses?

4n0nx4n0nx Member

Hi,

is there a list of email addresses that exclusively send spam that most certainly no user wants to receive ever?

Unsubscribing often does not work (e.g. neteller), or is impossible (Amazon student subscription). Sometimes companies send you spam even though you opted out of newsletters (humble bundle did that today).

I use aliases, which does not help if the only place I gave the address to sends spam to it.

So yeah.. a list containing addresses of cases like mentioned above would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

You could try unroll.me it'll monitor your box and throw anything you don't like in a folder or trash it.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog 4n0nx
  • JonchunJonchun Member

Well if you're talking about web hosting companies, you can start with hostwinds and chicagovps. Both pretty well known for ignoring spam complaints about their promotions.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I am talking about addresses like [email protected] and [email protected]

amazon sends spam to student subscribers,too.

I would like to discard the mails for all users on my email server, as they annoy us all.

Jonchun said: Both pretty well known for ignoring spam complaints about their promotions.

Ok what are the addresses used for promotions? :D

• [email protected] sends you about 3 emails per promotion

Thanked by 24n0nx PremiumN
  • WilliamWilliam Member

You should not block possible legitimate mail for all users, they should decide themself.

• Not sure if this list is legit or a spear phishing expedition

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

William said: You should not block possible legitimate mail for all users, they should decide themself.

Like I said, we all decided we don't want spam. And I would exclusively block addresses that exclusively send spam.

doughmanes said: [email protected] sends you about 3 emails per promotion

Thx but I assume they also send support mail from that, so I can't block it.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

funyuns_are_awesome said: Email lists are halfway down the page :)

Ty but I think they are addresses used to sign up in forums, not regular addresses of companies that send spam to their customers.

• If a spammer spoof's a legitimate email address, and you block it, what happens then?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

rajprakash said: If a spammer spoof's a legitimate email address, and you block it

That won't happen. I am just looking for legitimate addresses of companies that spam their customers like mentioned above.

• SadySady Member

@doughmanes said:
    [email protected] sends you about 3 emails per promotion

I second this, got 63 mails of their last promotion.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • The problem is, some companies like the above, use services like Mandrill which use their own email addresses to increase deliverability rates (e.g. bounce-md_11574179.5553a7f8.v1-859e9e20ea644010ab1c438e49e26@mandrillapp.com or bounce-mc.us10_39531513.90557dd=email.com@mail183.atl21.rsgsv.net).

Bet you can guess who these two came from.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited May 2015

Silvenga said: The problem is, some companies like the above, use services like Mandrill which use their own email addresses to increase deliverability rates (e.g. bounce-md_11574179.5553a7f8.v1-859e9e20ea644010ab1c438e49e26@mandrillapp.com or bounce-mc.us10_39531513.90557dd=email.com@mail183.atl21.rsgsv.net).

Bet you can guess who these two came from.

I can't guess :(

In the headers the "real" sender address is still mentioned, which I use to filter the mail from amazon for example (they use a similar technique).