Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can not run Windows VM in Runabove ! Help needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can not run Windows VM in Runabove ! Help needed

Hi,

I can not connect to WindowsVM in Runabove.
It says running - neither the console connects, neither it pings.
I have checked the network access - all ports TCP allowed.

Also - why is there a 1 instance limit.

Thanks

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Are you trying the RDP? Have you enabled RDP?

• @Nekki, I am trying to access the server anyhow i can. I used the default windows 2012 image,

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

enable UDP ports. RDP uses UDP mainly now

• The internal VNC gives this error - Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

darknessends said: The internal VNC gives this error - Failed to connect to server (code: 1006)

That means the VM has not started, is RunAbove KVM or Xen?

There are a million reasons for this but if it wont boot you cant fix it, if it is just the NoVNC connection that is broken they may not have installed python26 on the server (assuming CentOS based).

edit: I assume it does not even ping?

• @AnthonySmith - Thats what I imagine, but I am only trying to simply launch a VM on runabove. ! So its very irritating when its not working now.

• Ok, so it would not work in safari & mac os x.
    Done

• WilliamWilliam Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    assuming CentOS based

Last i knew OVH is mainly a Debian shop.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

William said: Last i knew OVH is mainly a Debian shop.

Oh is that who RonAbove are.... haha.

My Finger...... <6 or 7 miles> ..... the pulse :p

• You need to open the VNC up to enable it.

• TinyTunnel_Tom : Thanks, it was a mac os x + safari compatibility issue to the noVNC.

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited May 2015

I sometimes see the "fail to connect" NoVNC console error when using Firefox.

Solution: Click here to open console in a new window.

Also, the remote desktop is NOT enabled by default in Runabove. You can enable it via the console after install.

• DalCompDalComp Member

Yeah that happens. Sometimes because setup is not fully completed (just wait some more minutes), sometimes console link from expert mode doesn't work but from simple mode does, sometimes I'd just terminate and create a new one that works.

AnthonySmith said: That means the VM has not started, is RunAbove KVM or Xen?

KVM