Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here have any interest in Malware Removal/Tech Support Forums?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here have any interest in Malware Removal/Tech Support Forums?

pylodepylode Member

I'm thinking of creating a "Tech support"/"malware removal" forums to help and guide people how to remove infections, use antivirus software.. etc. Would also be able to discuss security, bsd, linux etc (haha)
There are a ton of these out there already but could be fun (and hey, there's always room for one more!).

Would anyone be interested in this type of thing? (Like helping out users etc)?

Comments

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

useless. there our forums out there that are huge, but to be honest in my opinion mostly wrong (advice wise)

i was infected with a "ramnit.a" apparently according to them you cannot remove it and need to reinstall etc.. but they where clearly wrong. PC is fine now.

• pylodepylode Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    useless. there our forums out there that are huge, but to be honest in my opinion mostly wrong (advice wise)

i was infected with a "ramnit.a" apparently according to them you cannot remove it and need to reinstall etc.. but they where clearly wrong. PC is fine now.

I guess that depends on which forums you go to. Just feel like helping out plus, fun :P

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited May 2015

smooch1502 said: I guess that depends on which forums you go to. Just feel like helping out plus, fun :P

mainly malwarebytes, but usually the scripts are the same, same people sometimes aswell.

• pylodepylode Member

TarZZ92 said: mainly malwarebytes, but usually the scripts are the same, same people sometimes aswell.

The MalwareBytes forums? yeah, they're obviously going to promote Malwarebytes...

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

smooch1502 said: The MalwareBytes forums? yeah, they're obviously going to promote Malwarebytes...

they aint premoting malwarebytes... usually microsoft

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/158044-everything-is-being-detected-and-quarantined-as-virusramnit/

• pylodepylode Member

@TarZZ92 said:

Probably a good idea to re-install if you really were infected with that, could try repairing from a boot CD but still.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

smooch1502 said: Probably a good idea to re-install if you really were infected with that, could try repairing from a boot CD but still.

as i said not needed. its all fine now

• @smooch1502 said:
    I'm thinking of creating a "Tech support"/"malware removal" forums to help and guide people how to remove infections, use antivirus software.. etc. Would also be able to discuss security, bsd, linux etc (haha)
    There are a ton of these out there already but could be fun (and hey, there's always room for one more!).

Would anyone be interested in this type of thing? (Like helping out users etc)?

http://www.kernelmode.info/forum/

• pylodepylode Member

already a member there and it's good, but not newbie orientated.

• is it included wordpress (themes/plugins) injection detection?

• I'd be interested if the talk isn't mostly about MS-Windows or Mac, neither of which I know anything about.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Will probably need a lot of patient for this since your main target audience probably isn't that tech savvy.