Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need service beta testers - VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need service beta testers - VPS

KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
edited May 2015 in General

Hey all! I'm looking for beta testers for new VPS Node in Amsterdam! VPS for 15 days trial, there is no control panel on it currently (we're finishing our custom panel). To claim just contact me via email (admin[@]kwibill[.]net)

Requirements:

• Honest review of machine

Quick TOS:

• No network abuse (don't blow over your bandwidth cap)

• No outbound denial of service

• No malware/warez

• No public proxy/vpn (private allowed)

• Hosting things like Minecraft are allowed (if attacks come in, you will be kicked off)

4 vpses being given away for 15 days.

Node specifications:

• Dual Processor Octo Core Xeon 2690 - 2.90GHz (Sandy Bridge) - 2 x 20MB cache

• Intel TXT (Trusted Execution Technology)

• 64 GB RAM

• 1 Gbps Redundant Network (Public & Private)

• NOC 24x7 Monitoring

• Dual 2 TB Hard Drives + additional 800 GB SSD drive

• Datacenter: Softlayer

VPS specifications:

• 4 GB RAM

• 50 GB Hard Drive

• 1 IPV4

• IPv6 upon request

• 1 TB @ 1gbps

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Great hardware specs :)

Shouldn't take long for the spots to get filled.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • @SSDBlaze said:
    Great hardware specs :)

Shouldn't take long for the spots to get filled.

Yep :), invested a lot into this. $1,244.50 was my invoice for this month alone.

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • SpencerSpencer Member

How do you plan to make any profit from this?

• did you follow @JoeMerit 's advice and apply for the SoftLayer Catalyst program?

• @EddyBravo said:
    did you follow JoeMerit 's advice and apply for the SoftLayer Catalyst program?

What's the catalyst program?

• @Spencer said:
    How do you plan to make any profit from this?

I've formed a plan to profit, bare-minimum break even.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    I've formed a plan to profit, bare-minimum break even.

Could we have some idea on pricing? Trialing a vps for 15 days is sorta pointless if you're Not going to have any chance at renewing .

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

KwiceroLTD said: What's the catalyst program?

http://www.softlayer.com/catalyst

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

nice specs, especially for sandy bridge.

i would be willing to review your service, including Single and multi thread tests.

• You got no chance mate. LET isn't going to get you 1k a month back in NL.

Your going to have to offer something magical

Thanked by 3jh MikePT Pwner
  • You're developing a custom control panel?
    In what programming language? (the backend)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2015

If we assume 1000$ monthly and no overselling a single 4GB instance has to cost at least 63$, 1GB at least 15$.

50GB HDD means around 40 per node which would come to 25$ per 4GB/50GB instance with 2.5x RAM overselling ratio.

Pricing makes not much sense in AMS market which is already lower than this.

• @Jonchun said:
    Could we have some idea on pricing? Trialing a vps for 15 days is sorta pointless if you're Not going to have any chance at renewing .

Pricing isn't finalized yet, we want to ensure everything is stable before we slap a price on it.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Pricing isn't finalized yet, we want to ensure everything is stable before we slap a price on it.

Obviously finalized pricing won't be available, but a ballpark would be nice. Any let level offers? Are we expecting something more like liquidweb where you can only buy managed services alongside it? RamNode pricing? Etc

• @Jonchun said:

Well, only one LEB/LET package is planned for 100% sure, which is only 512MB of ram, 20gb hdd, and 1 ipv4, 1 tb @ 1gbps for $7/mo.

Other plans will be fully managed, and cost more than LE* pricing.

• @KwiceroLTD for that price I can get DO or Vultr.

• @alexvolk said:
    KwiceroLTD for that price I can get DO or Vultr.

Cool.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @KwiceroLTD this is not the first time when people advice you something good for you but yet you're simply ignoring. As @william suggested market in NL saturated and you're simply going to fail from day one.

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited May 2015

@alexvolk said:
    KwiceroLTD this is not the first time when people advice you something good for you but yet you're simply ignoring. As william suggested market in NL saturated and you're simply going to fail from day one.

I ignore you, but that's because you're just not wanted on my threads - I've made my point clear already though. I'm aware what William stated. If I fail, then I fail. Quite frankly, it's my investment, and if my investment doesn't pan out, then oh well, that's on me - not anyone else..

Anything else you have to say?

• I think its good to see hosts willing to put some decent money behind their services, especially new hosts. As its not easy to do, and at the end of the day, the bigger the risk the bigger the fall, but the bigger the risk the bigger the payout. Yes the market is over saturated quite a lot, but that could be said for most places, especially France and Canada as thats OVH's locations.

I personally wish you every success with your business.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • BruceBruce Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    if my investment doesn't pan out, then oh well, that's on me - not anyone else..

except if you take yearly payments from people, then fall over within months (ie GVH)

not being negative, just pointing out what others are thinking. good luck, I hope you do well

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2015

I wish you the very best luck, I really hope you succeed, however, that's quite a big investment to start with. Perhaps you'd consider purchasing a server and then colocate it?

The ROI won't be easy to achieve, unless you're planning to host hundreds of VPS in that server, which won't work due to your HDD/SSD setup, plus the lack of RAM. We're just trying to give you advice, we don't want to see you failing. :-)

Do let me know if you need any help, I'll gladly help you in everything you may need.

• PwnerPwner Member

@KwiceroLTD said:
    If I fail, then I fail. Quite frankly, it's my investment, and if my investment doesn't pan out, then oh well, that's on me - not anyone else..

I wish you the best of luck in your business ventures, however, it is not as simple as you think. Say you don't get enough sales to sustain the company, you'll still have a few loyal customers who have hosted their services with you. If you fail, then you'll drop your reputation in the dirt and your customers will most likely chargeback against you unless you refund them, still leaving them with the hassle of switching host and finding someone else to trust with their services.

It's a lot more than just failing, it's dealing with a huge burden of drama that comes along with it. Just make sure you know what you're getting into. Again, I hope your venture is successful. :-)

• You're paying for quality. DO can sometimes have terrible IO speeds, even though it's SSD.

• DO is $2 cheaper. No overselling. SSD. And has loads of free credit