Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated) - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated)

Comments

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@Sady said:
    Just got L5420 thing, weird that HW RAID is not there as per mentioned.
    Got 1st HDD with 34810 & 2nd with 40596, not something I can complain :)

Yeah, HW RAID is in the server but not activated unless you pay for it. Still good value though

• bohdansbohdans Member

@dacentec @tomle silly timezones, was 3am here, I was sleeping soundly :(

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@dacentec Expect an order from me in London very soon! Also, what payment methods do you take, and what is the KVM like, is it normally attached when server ordered or does it have to be requested (if so is it free?)?

Thanks
    Harry

• @hawc said:
    dacentec Expect an order from me in London very soon! Also, what payment methods do you take, and what is the KVM like, is it normally attached when server ordered or does it have to be requested (if so is it free?)?

Thanks
    Harry

You can request a KVM be setup when you order (select KVM for your OS and they'll set it up). They do paypal/CC/BitPay for payments.

ah cool. How long do they give you the KVM for? Is it fast or not? I already plan to use my online.net server to set it up as that will be faster than my 12meg up from Virgin. Even if I just host the iso on it

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

hawc said: ah cool. How long do they give you the KVM for? Is it fast or not? I already plan to use my online.net server to set it up as that will be faster than my 12meg up from Virgin. Even if I just host the iso on it

24 hours, and slow (virtual media slow)

Ah, is that because it is USB. I read further up that you can have the iso put onto a usb stick so I may do it

• Am requesting KVM is it better to ask for ISO on a USB or use my KS to host it?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Am requesting KVM is it better to ask for ISO on a USB or use my KS to host it?

I mean having a plugged in ISO is pretty quick :-P

• @catalystium said:

True. Will shoot them a ticket when server is online

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    True. Will shoot them a ticket when server is online

Can reply to the ticket they open for you with the server info, what I do.

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited May 2015

$20 servers are back, hurry! (and feel free to use my aff link in my sig :) )

ping @bohdans again

• Can I make this dedicated server into a number of small VPS? Would it be possible and how easy is it to do?

• @forumsuk said:
    Can I make this dedicated server into a number of small VPS? Would it be possible and how easy is it to do?

Sure use proxmox and get a free /29 with justification.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Are the LET script kiddies DDoSing Dacentec now that these offers are posted here? Strange correlation between the availability of the cheap dedicated servers and their homepage being offline...

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • FredQcFredQc Member

@tomle said:
    Are the LET script kiddies DDoSing Dacentec now that these offers are posted here? Strange correlation between the availability of the cheap dedicated servers and their homepage being offline...

It works for me. Between, there's a 16GB server for $25 available right now.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

No more in stock :(

• sinsin Member

@tomle said:

Yeah they've been getting hit over and over, most of the time their website is fine but sometimes during the day you gotta keep trying to get into the client area or you'll get constant cloudflare errors.

• KupolKupol Member

Oh no, I missed it again. When do they re-stock? Or is it random?

• FredQcFredQc Member

@Kupol said:
    Oh no, I missed it again. When do they re-stock? Or is it random?

Keep refreshing the page, servers comes and goes almost every hours.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

I just noticed I can't do nested virtualization on the L5420, need EPT :( This might be a show stopper for me, worked fine on the 1385...

• pardeeppardeep Member

please help me while ordering what os should i select ? i have selected the 29/ip

• @pardeep said:

Select whatever OS you would like, they have more options to choose from when the server itself is delivered. If you need a KVM/IP to setup your OS then select that option.

• pardeeppardeep Member

@catalystium said:
    Select whatever OS you would like, they have more options to choose from when the server itself is delivered. If you need a KVM/IP to setup your OS then select that option.

Sorry for the last comment , i am asking i want to use the server for vps reselling so what should i do while ordering as i was noob

• @tomle OpenVZ can help ;)

• pardeep said: Sorry for the last comment , i am asking i want to use the server for vps reselling so what should i do while ordering as i was noob

Sigh, summerhost incoming.

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited May 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    tomle OpenVZ can help ;)

Trying to learn OpenStack and tried to run it under ESXi. Don't want to use qemu for the guests. Going to install OpenStack on bare metal and see how/if it works with multiple external networks.

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited May 2015

X3440 for $25 up for grabs again! Probably won't last long.
    Edit: Already gone :)

• bohdansbohdans Member

@tomle thanks for the ping, missed out again, might have to stay up all night tonight for some!

• tortautortau Member

I'm crossing fingers for the $20 deal :)