Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Point an Email Hosted Domain Somewhere
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Point an Email Hosted Domain Somewhere

So Im going to host a domain with Yandex but I`m just going to have them manage the DNS just to have more reliability. How can / what do I add in there DNS editor have changing my nameservers with my regisiter can I make it when people visit that site they are pointed to another.

Thanks.

Comments

• What?

• blackblack Member

Emails use MX records, not A records, which means you can host your email with Yandex (set your MX records correctly) and have your website hosted somewhere else by setting the correct A records.

• PwnerPwner Member

@ItsChrisG said:
    What?

OP has a domain currently parked with Yandex and wants to make it so the domain can still be used when people try accessing it. In short, it will take a combination of MX and A records to make this possible.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited May 2015
    1. add all your existing DNS records to yandex (and change your mx records to yandex)
    2. change the nameservers to yandex ones
    Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

I think if you want to use Yandex for email, you just need to add MX records

Follow this link http://help.yandex.com/domain/records.xml

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @comXyz said:
    I think if you want to use Yandex for email, you just need to add MX records

Follow this link http://help.yandex.com/domain/records.xml

Yes I know how to do that, I was asking how to have my domain point to another site WHILE using Yandex`s nameservers. But I just decided against it and parked it on my server and just used there MX record as it would be the least amount of email downtime.

• @hyelton said:
    Yes I know how to do that, I was asking how to have my domain point to another site WHILE using Yandex`s nameservers. But I just decided against it and parked it on my server and just used there MX record as it would be the least amount of email downtime.

Use your registrar's DNS servers, and point A records to the other site, MX records to yandex's mail servers.