Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AVOID ClanComs.com - bad host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AVOID ClanComs.com - bad host

I signed up to 4 annual-billed VPS's with clancoms.com, and besides the fact their servers are not very reliable, what they did just now is completely unprofessional.

Their annual VPS plan allows you to add up to 5 extra IP addresses for $2 each per year, which adds $2 for each IP to the ANNUAL bill.

I paid that at sign up, and now a month later they are saying I need to ALSO pay $2 for each IP per MONTH, even though that is not what I signed up for. The sign up invoices clearly show it (plus their sign up form still only adds $2 per IP to the annual bill, not $2 per month).

And instead of offering a refund to me for the fact they are not supplying me what I paid for when I signed up, they are flat out refusing to do that!

So avoid ClanComs at all costs!

Comments

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

They may offered some reason..
    may be some billing issue. They may be missed to configure the price correctly.

• Really don't care, do you expect an IP for $2/yr. It isn't really 2010.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • gsrdgrdghd: Yes, someone can select that option if they would like one dedicated IP.

Or see the slider underneath 'PORT SPEED', for Extra IP's $2.00 each, up to 5. And it adds it to the annual price.

Even if it was an error on their part on the sign up form, a normal host will honor their mistake, or at least provide a refund for not supplying what the user signed up for.

• It looks like I am not the only one who had issues with Clancoms recently: http://internetlifeforum.com/general-hosting-discussion/3225-clancoms-com-reviews/

• SadySady Member

That's not their thing, Its either your blindness or you was being uncareful to give a shit & confirm that. They're not wrong if they're not giving you refund (unless they stated somewhere "1 year refund policy").

• Sady: If you take a look at the sign up invoice, it's very clear on that the price would be annual.

• i have several services with Clancoms and it states very clearly IP's are $2.00 monthly.

why would you think they would give you a ip for $2 year that's just crazy

and on another note
    Clancoms is a great host i have been a re-seller with them for 4 years and have never had a issue ever.

• Not the annual plan invoices, I have a copy in front of me.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

These threads are the revenge pr0n of LET.

• @objectivetruth said:
    It looks like I am not the only one who had issues with Clancoms recently: http://internetlifeforum.com/general-hosting-discussion/3225-clancoms-com-reviews/

that's the guy that that opened a PayPal dispute on his payment during a maintenance window that they announced well in advance, their TOS is clear you open a dispute your canceled what does he expect?

• edited May 2015

@objectivetruth said:
    Not the annual plan invoices, I have a copy in front of me.

it shows at the bottom of order form as well as in their TOS IP's $2 monthly im sorry sir but your wrong.

and did they cancel you? for something?

• J1021J1021 Member

objectivetruth said: Sady: If you take a look at the sign up invoice, it's very clear on that the price would be annual.

Screenshot of your invoice please.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Another guy with a "clever" nickname

Thanked by 1earl
  • SweetSweet Member
    edited May 2015

I am sick of these pointless threads. If they are not going to honor it, then you should go elsewhere.

Airing out you dirty laundry here just makes you look childish.

• NomadNomad Member

Well, seems @ClanComs fixed the order page to prevent misunderstandings.

• ShivamShivam Member

Isn't @ClanComs banned?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member

@Sweet said:
    I am sick of these pointless threads. If they are not going to honor it, then you should go elsewhere.

Airing out you dirty laundry here just makes you look childish.

Though, reviews a part of the industry. However majority of people complain when things go bad..

• TrafficTraffic Member

@Shivam said:
    Isn't ClanComs banned?

And for a good reason. Have a look at his last posts.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

Hmm, in my opinion, the provider made buyers confused, the order page has messy information.

In this case just refund the buyer, and fix the order page.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited May 2015

@objectivetruth - Maybe it is ok to take advantage of a billing panel mistake to see if it flies, but you can not get pissed when it does not. A reasonable person would know it is a mistake, since it clearly states $2 a month. The default would be to expect a correction of the billing. This thread makes you look unreasonable, so I doubt you will get much support here. As Dan might say "Don't be a dick".

• WilliamWilliam Member

You knew the price is supposed to be monthly - Don't play stupid here. This isn't 2008 anymore where IPs were free entirely.

Thanked by 1imahostingprovider
  • TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

"($50) for opening Paypal dispute"

safe to assume clancoms is a theif. a dispute cost them nothing. if the poster is here make sure you open a claim against them with paypal but as "unauthorised charge" you are very likely to get the money back ($50) if not contact the bank.

• edited May 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    "($50) for opening Paypal dispute"

safe to assume clancoms is a theif. a dispute cost them nothing. if the poster is here make sure you open a claim against them with paypal but as "unauthorised charge" you are very likely to get the money back ($50) if not contact the bank.

clancoms is a not a thief after 4 years hosting with them i know....

I would think the $50 charge is more for their Labor time involved with dealing with the charge back more than anything. if a customer who is in the wrong opens a dispute and takes up employee's time to deal with it then why not charge the customer for time spent.
    they honor their refund policy i have used and got our money back.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

imahostingprovider said: I would think the $50 charge is more for their Labor time involved with dealing with the charge back

what checking an email? hardly worth $50 the provider will always win the dispute unless they do it right

• @TarZZ92 said:

their is more to it than just checking email. their is time involved to respond to the dispute to look up invoices to confirm if the customer has a valid reason to open the dispute. If you had a clue of what you we're talking about you would know that their is time involved when this happens. and furthermore it is spelled out clearly in their terms of service.....

• A deal is a deal: they should refund or honor.
    Even in 2015, there are (a few) providers who can offer IPv4 for less than $2/y.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ricardoricardo Member

Paypal will likely have a copy of the invoice & product description so it should be pretty clear cut.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

imahostingprovider said: clancoms is a not a thief after 4 years hosting with them i know....

they clearly are charging $50.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

imahostingprovider said: and furthermore it is spelled out clearly in their terms of service.....

their terms of service.. just because you write something does not necessarily make it legal or ethical.

This discussion has been closed.