Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.6GHz processor + DDoS protection in North America
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3.6GHz processor + DDoS protection in North America

JosephhewittJosephhewitt Member
edited May 2015 in Requests

Hi,

I'm looking for either a dedicated server or a KVM/Xen VPS in/around NYC/NJ with the following;

*3.6GHz processor or faster (number of cores not significant)
*DDoS protection compatible with game servers
*4GB RAM or higher
*At least 30GB of SSD storage
*At least 100mbps connection (1gbps preferred)
*At least 1TB/month traffic
*Reliable internet connection

I can be quite flexible with the physical location of the server, just as long as it's at least relatively close to NYC/New Jersey.

Naturally, I'm looking for something affordable. I'm looking for something in the region of $70/month, but willing to pay up to $100/month.

The DDoS protection doesn't have to be amazing, the average attack size I receive is 1gbps or less and is usually a flood of UDP traffic. I don't need to be protected from huge attacks, I just need the connection to remain reliable for legitimate traffic during small attacks.

Comments

• Contact @Francisco (BuyVM) or @Nick_A (RamNode)

Thanked by 2Nick_A Francisco
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2015

Have you considered ReliableSite? They offer excellent support usually under 30 minute response. Setup usually fairly fast too. I'm certain if you contact their sales team you can get a very attractive dedicated server from them.

They include 10Gbps free DDoS protection and I'm sure would be willing to help configure it with you.

This is one option pre-confiugred:
    http://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/quad-core-server/intel-core-i7-4790

I'm certain these guys will be perfect for your needs and will probably offer you a better deal if you speak to them.

If you are really wanting to save money OVH does have good routing and might be a good option for you so I want to throw that out there. I know it's in Canada and just figured I'd leave it as an option for you. Problem is only a 3.4GHz processor but I really don't think you'll have issues with that cpu.

Only reason I am showing Dedicated servers is because you want a reliable connection and with a VPS node performance is simply not always guaranteed to the extent of a physical server

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Our SKVM line is on 3.4-3.5GHz. Pretty close.

• Hi, @Nick_A - I actually have a server with RamNode (a small web server). However, I was a little put off by the whole "Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which use the equivalent of a full CPU core" thing in the AUP.

What exactly does that mean for me in a real situation? The software I'm running can only use 1 core at once, so if I went for a quad core processor with you, it should be impossible for me to ever break that rule, right?

Having used providers such as NFO's VDS plan, and Vultr who give you unrestricted access to the resources you pay for, I find this a little off-putting with RamNode.

You can use it all, but not 24/7. Feel free to contact me directly and we'll work something out for you. We've been able to help other clients in this situation in the past.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

More GHz != More power

https://cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
    ^ for comparison of single thread performance of CPUs

• @Josephhewitt I have 3.7GHz and 480Gbps mitigation but in CA.....lol

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@MonsteR could do something for you @ RaptorNode

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • bersybersy Member
    edited May 2015

removed

• SavioSavio Member
    edited May 2015

So your looking for something like a Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 ghz, Can do that for $100/mo your own Dedicated server :)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
  • FredQcFredQc Member

^^ France

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2015

^^ North America, but you're right it's not in NYC/NJ (still east coast though)

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited May 2015

Thanks for the mention, We can do this in LA for you.

• JonchunJonchun Member

@BharatB said:
    MonsteR could do something for you @ RaptorNode

Isn't that the company that completely rips off knowledgebase/articles from other sources?

http://www.raptornode.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=28

I believe @Francisco confirmed that it looks EXACTLY the same as the BuyVM wiki... It's not the only article they've copied either...

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited May 2015

@Jonchun said:
    I believe Francisco confirmed that it looks EXACTLY the same as the BuyVM wiki... It's not the only article they've copied either...

Ill look at this now. Thanks for the notification. This has been removed until we investigate this.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Jonchun said: I believe @Francisco confirmed that it looks EXACTLY the same as the BuyVM wiki... It's not the only article they've copied either...

It is, you just have to check our wiki page: http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel/

Francisco

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

@Jonchun said:
    I believe Francisco confirmed that it looks EXACTLY the same as the BuyVM wiki... It's not the only article they've copied either...

I've never had interest in their knowledge base , technically if anyone is keeping an article public its for public lol. Not supporting content stealing here. I've had great uptime on my game servers thanks to @MonsteR 's @RaptorNode servers.

I recommend based on experience so yes I still recommend their service. KB articles are not of my concern.

Oh before anyone else gets funny ideas let me clear it out that " I'm in no way related to MonsteR , im only a client of RaptorNode " because a few kids here like to start drama. Not like im gonna consider them anyway.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited May 2015

@BharatB said:
    I've never had interested in their knowledge base

Whether you use it or not doesn't change the fact that it's filled with stolen content.

@BharatB said:
    technically if anyone is keeping an article public its for public lol.

There's this really interesting concept of copyright that you don't seem to understand.

@MonsteR

What is there to "look into"? Literally your entire knowledgebase looks to be ripped off.
    Here are some more blatant examples after 2 seconds of browsing.

http://www.raptornode.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=44
    Screenshot for future reference: Here

Looks awfully like @Francisco's
    http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/ipsec

and...

http://www.raptornode.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=29

Looks awfully like @Nick_A's
    https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=13

I noticed you removed/made private the gre article I linked. Are you just going to remove your entire knowledgebase now?

Edit: Just looked at some more...
    http://www.raptornode.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=41

Buddy you forgot to change "droplet" to "vps". I wonder where you stole that from?

http://www.raptornode.com/client/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=17

You didn't even bother to change the company's name that you stole that one from...

http://wiki.vpslink.com/Setting_the_Linux_System_Timezone

I'll go ahead and stop now... I think people get the point.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jonchun - You're not really bringing up anything new here. People have been jacking our articles for a long time. If you want to do that, at the very least link back to the source material.

Many have, but there is many people that have straight ripped things. Our OpenVZ vs. KVM article has been around the block a few times already as well.

I dunno, I'm not going to start a turf war over this one, but we will be skinning our wiki similar to the new site in due time.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@Francisco said:
    Jonchun - You're not really bringing up anything new here. People have been jacking our articles for a long time. If you want to do that, at the very least link back to the source material.

Many have, but there is many people that have straight ripped things. Our OpenVZ vs. KVM article has been around the block a few times already as well.

I dunno, I'm not going to start a turf war over this one, but we will be skinning our wiki similar to the new site in due time.

Francisco

Well your articles are informative. It's only natural people would want to steal/use them. :P On that note, do you guys allow/condone people copying your articles provided credit is given?

I was just bringing up the fact that there is someone on LET running a business while openly stealing work from other LET providers. As you can see in my post, you're not the only provider they've stolen articles from.

lol

Yeah RaptorNode's site has always struck me as eerily similar from the homepage on ;)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I decided to go with RamNode and although I've only had the server for around a week, it so far seems like it will be able to handle the load I need. @Nick_A was also very helpful in getting me set up.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • MonsteRMonsteR Member

@Nick_A

Too funny, We had our design redone at the beginning of last year would call it similar regardless just people like yourself that loves to make drama or put other hosts down, But regardless our services and quality talk for them self.

• Thanked by 1RA4W

@MonsteR - You must be confusing me with someone else. I'm not sure what drama you think I've started or where I've put anyone down on here recently, but having a verbatim RamNode cPanel install article in your knowledgebase is probably not coincidence, right?

You'll note I haven't said a word about it until others started bringing it up. I don't even care beyond the fact that it's humorous. My LET involvement is intentionally drama-free. :)

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @Nick_A said:
    My LET involvement is intentionally drama-free. :)

You don't understand LET. Nah I like your attitude actually.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    MonsteR

cut image out

Not to mention copyright on his site is out of date. It's no longer 2014 RaptorNode...

@Nick_A Saying similar is very kind to them. For a split second I got confused as to which site I was on, that's how much they look like each other