Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in Albanian VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you be interested in Albanian VPS?

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hello Guys,

As topic said, next week we are going to setup our servers in Albania, city Tirana. I just was wonder what do you think, since there is noone offering such services in Albania, we would give a try. But the prices would be a bit higher instead of LET prices, would you be interested in this location?
We use XEN resource, in our VPS's, unlimited bandwidth and 100MBps port.

Cheers.

Comments

• MrXMrX Member

Yes, absolutely.

• Most likely

• @albahost Interesting location. A word of caution, do not use the phrase unlimited anywhere in your offer- the thread will be derailed into a discussion of unlimited vs unmetered and also would be a violation of the rules. But a VPS in a unique location would be interesting :) Look forward to seeing the offer.

• @Seriously2015 said:
    albahost Interesting location. A word of caution, do not use the phrase unlimited anywhere in your offer- the thread will be derailed into a discussion of unlimited vs unmetered and also would be a violation of the rules. But a VPS in a unique location would be interesting :) Look forward to seeing the offer.

Unmetered/unlimited is allowed with thorough definition of the meaning. So most hosts just write 10TB

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your comments, i apologise if i have break the rules of the forum...

• no you didn't break the rules :) Many people don't like the word unlimited is all and I thought that if you put together a good offer when your services are available you'd want to be careful with that word is all.

@Seriously2015 said:
    no you didn't break the rules :) Many people don't like the word unlimited is all and I thought that if you put together a good offer when your services are available you'd want to be careful with that word is all.

I will, thank you.

Thanked by 1alshahad
  • KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited May 2015

Technically unlimited doesn't exist, I prefer "unmetered" or 10 TB. Regardless, yeah I'd give it a shot. Would be a nice place for a mail server for sure.

• pop96pop96 Member

Albanian VPS provider... Lol no thanks.

• no different than a New Hampshire VPS Provider. Its all in the execution - many fail some succeed. There are talented individuals everywhere. @pop96 from where does your remark emanate from? Let us behold the technology hotbed of skilled entrepreneurs that is your area.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

It would be interesting if you could provide us with a photograph of your data center. Always good to look at server pr0n.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • Any information on network infrastructure, upstreams, and capacity available?

Any information on the datacenter infrastructure itself? (specs, pics, etc)

How much is power in Albania? How much is bandwidth?

• I would have to know what Albania's stance is on Internet Surveillance? Online freedom? Freedom of speech? Censorship?

• @funyuns_are_awesome said:
    I would have to know what Albania's stance is on Internet Surveillance? Online freedom? Freedom of speech? Censorship?

Thanked by 2elflord deadbeef
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

Yes, looking forward to see it.

But is it 100MBs unlimited, or 100Mbs unlimited?

• Yes, unlimited is nice

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited May 2015

AlbaHost said: there is noone offering such services in Albania

Could you PM me a test IP? There is another provider doing this - the IP looks Albanian but apparently the servers aren't located exactly there. I don't think the whois is fake, though.

• Interesting location so why not..

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited May 2015

I would love to see and buy 64 MB RAM + 3 GB HDD + NAT shared IPv4 LES VPS in Albania.

• @Anna_Parker said:
    I would love to see and buy 64 MB RAM + 3 GB HDD + NAT shared IPv4 LES VPS in Albania.

^That (or a similar deal)

@comXyz said:
    Yes, looking forward to see it.

But is it 100MBs unlimited, or 100Mbs unlimited?

It's 100Mbps.

@Traffic said:
    Could you PM me a test IP? There is another provider doing this - the IP looks Albanian but apparently the servers aren't located exactly there. I don't think the whois is fake, though.

No there are no fake whois ip, the servers are located in Albania

edited May 2015

Test IP: 31.171.155.2

[root@localhost ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5335 @ 2.00GHz Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2000.124 MHz Total amount of ram : 926 MB Total amount of swap : 4098 MB System uptime : 26 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 6.73MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 448KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 1.06MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.08MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1.31MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 2.43MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 635KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.48MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.03MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.12MB/s I/O speed : 234 MB/s

• MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep

Any updates on this? Specifically the NAT Albanian VPS

@MikaeelZA said:

Hi,

We do provide vps in Albania location long ago, but not NAT one.

Cheers.

• MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep

@AlbaHost said:

@MikaeelZA said:

Hi,

We do provide vps in Albania location long ago, but not NAT one.

Cheers.

Interested in just the NAT one.